Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just another noob wishing he jumped in the pool earlier  (Read 2958 times)
enquirer

Activity: 306
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:29:20 AM

LTC is too expensive already. Want to be early adopter - load on COL or CENT.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 07:21:24 AM

@shorena: what you mean with "tf2" money? Care to explain, if it is not a secret... Wink

No secret, its a steam game called team fortress 2 (free 2 play btw) and I made some keys (the games currency item #1) the last month. I plan to sell them for a while now, but I dont trust paypal.

I <3 TF2, but I did stop playing. I am hoping to get back to playing it though.

Easy to get back to, plenty of new MvM stuff too Smiley

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:32:47 PM

I have decided DogeCoin is the future.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:42:37 AM

What do you say that for? Whats the reason?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:02:57 AM

probably because:

Is this supposed to be retarded on purpose?
Yes it is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361813.0

M1chl

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

I stand on the side of Doge too! (Mainly because, its the first coin I have came across which could be mined on my CPU and those numbers of coins makes me happy : D ).

By the way, few years back I had an offer for 5 000 for 10 USD and I turned that down, "cryptocurrency meh...". Would, travel back... : D
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:34:25 AM

Just another noob wishing he jumped in the pool earlier

Be careful sharks will eat you in the pool!  Roll Eyes

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
yasein

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:44:06 PM

my doubt is when those big banks gets in, what will happen?  a new coin? or just pump the bitcoin again
vdell

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:02:44 PM

my doubt is when those big banks gets in, what will happen?  a new coin? or just pump the bitcoin again

Just read something interesting:

Quote from: Slashdot.org
Banking giant JPMorgan Chase has filed a patent application for an electronic commerce system that sounds remarkably like Bitcoin — but never mentions the controversial, Internet-only currency. The patent application was filed in early August but made publicly available only at the end of November; it describes a 'method and system for processing Internet payments using the electronic funds transfer network.' The system would allow people to pay bills anonymously over the Internet through an electronic transfer of funds — just like Bitcoin. It would allow for micropayments without processing fees — just like bitcoin. And it could kill off wire transfers through companies like Western Union — just like Bitcoin. There are 18,126 words in the patent application. 'Bitcoin' is not one of them.

Link to the article

From a newbie perspective it's very hard to see what's the future of cryptocurrencies (or who's the winner).
orange tree

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:16:59 PM

maybe too many competing cryptocurrencies will one day dump their future. I assume in theory there's no limit of cryptocurrencies.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 10:25:27 PM

Just read something interesting:

Quote from: Slashdot.org
Banking giant JPMorgan Chase has filed a patent application for an electronic commerce system that sounds remarkably like Bitcoin — but never mentions the controversial, Internet-only currency. The patent application was filed in early August but made publicly available only at the end of November; it describes a 'method and system for processing Internet payments using the electronic funds transfer network.' The system would allow people to pay bills anonymously over the Internet through an electronic transfer of funds — just like Bitcoin. It would allow for micropayments without processing fees — just like bitcoin. And it could kill off wire transfers through companies like Western Union — just like Bitcoin. There are 18,126 words in the patent application. 'Bitcoin' is not one of them.

Link to the article

From a newbie perspective it's very hard to see what's the future of cryptocurrencies (or who's the winner).

Want some Amazon Coins?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/amazon/10465975/Amazon-launches-its-own-virtual-currency.html

There will be more and I think they will stay, but they will occupy a nichemarket.

wagamamaman

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:30:41 PM

Probably the ultimate if only in written history for most people. 

Paradigm shift, caught a lot of people out.  Need to look forward, not back.
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:38:37 PM

Me too : ) I was looking at this thing for the last 3 years without getting involved ...
Now I feel stupid to not had the balls to be early adopter.
mrchisholm

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:54:35 PM

just jumped aboard aswell, better late then never i suppose  Cheesy just wish i would have bought ati cards instead of nvidia, used them for CUDA apps so might aswell make use of them now.
Anyone have any advice on what ATI card would be the best bang for your bucks for mining?
glcbitcoin

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:08:29 PM

The government wants to tax it and try to keep the consumer safe.  Good luck with all that.
itskirkby
Copper Member

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:12:14 PM

I know how you feel, I've become immersed in the crypto currency field.  For the last month, I have been spending every single minute of free time learning about the business, if you want to call it that.  I feel that while Bitcoin is the king at this point, it will quickly be passed by a few alt coins that have a faster block chain, with more security.

Good luck to us both Smiley

Tell me about it. If I'd of known about this in 2009 I would of put a massive chunk of money into it and I'd be a millionaire now. I even had 160btc and sold them when they were at £80 i am KICKING MYSELF! But hey ho, ive got a 4 gpu ltc mining rig set up now with 3 cards to add. I'm thinking of getting up to 12 across 2 boards so hopefully that should get me some money back.

If you guys were me with about 8btc to my name.. what would you do with it to make yourself more money... I was messing around with CEX.IO for a bit, but now they are in my wallet....
yasein

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:46:46 AM

Me too : ) I was looking at this thing for the last 3 years without getting involved ...
Now I feel stupid to not had the balls to be early adopter.
Shocked
ocean59 (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:58:11 AM

Mainly because I've been able to mine them easily, there is a demand, and I have made several trades last few days for DOGE to BTC at excellent exchange rates. doges.org
Essex343

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:53:53 AM

hehe, i hear that!

nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 12:37:58 AM

Mainly because I've been able to mine them easily, there is a demand, and I have made several trades last few days for DOGE to BTC at excellent exchange rates. doges.org

As far as I see the price isnt going anywhere.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: