Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:31:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3452 times)
alex3.alex03

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:36:57 AM

I think bitcoin doesn't need to be rebranded. It is still in demand, even though it is technically obsolete.
shater

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

Why fix something if it is not broken?
sinta23

Activity: 668
Merit: 100

DogData

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:16:57 PM

why? what would be positive about that? if you are not happy with bitcoin's present state, please wait a little more, BTC is gaining more trust and more acceptance every day.

we should wait for the right time, don't sell the coins we have in a hurry. because that is very detrimental to us. so we have to be patient and be patient even though it's a long time.

Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:23:27 PM

snip
Bitcoin today is the best one. We don't need to enhance or to do something because bitcoin is ready since Satoshi Nakamoto implemented this coin. You learn to contented with bitcoin everything has. Bitcoin is the best no need to change.
in the past bitcoin is the king. but now the maket so bad. so i think we don't need to do this thing.
That's part of the market don't be greedy in getting profits with your trades you better hodl it.
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 12:25:27 PM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin
The cue is really quite securely held, after all these troubles!
I think that if we see 1000, it will not be soon, at least not in the next six months. In the meantime, it will be necessary to develop closely monitor the development.

dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 01:20:25 PM

Re-branding? I don't think it is pretty much necessary for a re-brand, what is necessary is to put up a solution to every problem that BTC is facing, the name stays, almost every part of Bitcoin should stay, and I don't even think that devs will even make a re-brand to BTC, that is way out of their plans, there is no need for a rebrand, what we need is a solution.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 608

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:22:41 PM

Re-branding? I don't think it is pretty much necessary for a re-brand, what is necessary is to put up a solution to every problem that BTC is facing, the name stays, almost every part of Bitcoin should stay, and I don't even think that devs will even make a re-brand to BTC, that is way out of their plans, there is no need for a rebrand, what we need is a solution.
I believe so.There's no need to rebrand bitcoin since it has been popular already for almost 9 years.I think what we should do is to get more demands for bitcoin so that it will not continue to pull its price down.If only a mass adoption will happen sooner,then it will be an advantage for bitcoin to grow its price continuously.

Elqui

Activity: 243
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 02:31:28 PM

I dont think we need to rebrand bitcoin, what bitcoin needed is improvement in every way specially in transaction speed and how we can use it in our everyday lives like when buying groceries people can pay via bitcoin. If that happens, Bitcoin can be forever.
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:41:19 PM

I don't think rebranding bitcoin is necessary. Bitcoin is already a brand name or a household name. So many cryptocurrencies have been named after it. All we need to do is to see how more merchants can adopt bitcoin for payments. We also need to increase the level of awareness.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 07:17:52 PM

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

The reasons that you are giving for the necessity of rebranding bitcoin seems very weak to me, the name is not confusing, at least not to me and I have not met a single person that said to me that the name was confusing, second since you are talking about brands then you need to understand that if you were to change the name of bitcoin then we will need to have to start from zero all over again, businesses spend a lot of money in marketing to try to make people to recognize their brand and that is something that bitcoin has achieved already.

And finally it is true that the media has made an effort to spread bad news and create a bad reputation for bitcoin but I do not really think that is that important, when the time comes and people realize they need to use bitcoin in their everyday lives they are going to forget all about that.
SunGod-1
Copper Member

Activity: 24

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:20:02 PM

I can understand where you are coming from but I don’t see the re-branding of Bitcoin having any effect on bolstering its reputation nor making it less confusing. Let’s also take into account the logistics to perform such a task, which would cause more chaos and confusion than anything.

People are now acquainted with the name Bitcoin and will get used to how it works as adoption starts to kick in and they start to do transactions.
Qurelal

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 09:39:26 PM

I think bitcoin needs rebrending. It's rather outdated and new technologies are already much faster.
OSYA

Activity: 647
Merit: 255

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:07:18 PM

Rebranding is a very expensive process and not always useful. It took a long time for people to start recognizing bitcoin and its visual look and logo that changing it now will not make any sense. A bitcoin doesn't have a bad reputation to be rebranded. The opinions about bitcoin will always be controversial and rebranding will not be efficient in this case.

ClassyDancer

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 02:01:30 AM

I don't think the problem lies in the name (bitcoin). But I agree that perhaps, it needs some re-branding --a way to effectively communicate to society what it is and what benefits they can enjoy from it. Most of my friends only know of bitcoin as an investment. Some even think of it as a get-rich scheme and only a few recognize it as a potential currency. I think marketing bitcoin the right way could help people embrace it more.
KKH84

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:04:38 AM

I think the development of bitcoin because the community does not need to repeat bitcoin, let bitcoin run as it is and let the public determine the direction of the development of bitcoin in the future.
Blanca_Gregory

Activity: 72
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 03:09:13 AM

No, bitcoin is already established and recognized by its users. To rebrand bitcoin now will make it even more confusing, don't you think?
Koenraad Lange

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 12:31:47 PM

If you eventually rebrand bitcoin it will create doubts in the minds of the persons we want to adopt bitcoin,after a good consensus,rebranding should be when we have the percentage of mass adopters that we think we need,but no need for rebranding, bitcoin has a good name ..
I think bitcoin doesn't need to be renamed, because bitcoin names and images as a tool to exchange and conduct transactions are good enough. Regarding negative images such as illegal, criminal, it's just a news issue highlighted to bring down bitcoin, because that's the other side of the negative campaign offered in countries that have rejected bitcoin.
anshkumandhan
Copper Member

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:50:50 AM

I think Bitcoin is a popular name in itself and this will get even more fame in the next 5-7 years. Because as we are seeing, people have begun to take an interest in it and also understanding it, that's why the followers of Bitcoin is increasing daily. Therefore it is not necessary to re-brand it or change its name again.
bigbosma

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:00:21 PM

I think it's unnecessary. Bitcoin has already been created and its technology continues to evolve and improve. And these are the best indicators of its success. And the trust in him is already there, and over time will only improve.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
WebTera

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:20:46 PM

I think that it is not necessary to change bitcoin. He already has a formed idea, which in itself is remarkable. People just need a little time to understand this technology and get used to it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: