Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:28:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3447 times)
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 05:13:28 PM

I do not think that this is necessary now or in the future. Bitcoin is a word that has settled in the souls of so many people and will forever remain there

Btc itself is a huge brand that you do not require anything to do re-brand to it. If you are looking that it price should be high like 15k+ then wait for some time it will happen in this year and we should again be happy about the old btc is back.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bajarang8668

Activity: 281
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:57:50 PM

Re-Brand Bitcoin is not required, bitcoin is already one brand. Bitcoin always brand and increasing price time to time demand and supply basis. So never want to re-brand.
burnah0928

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:29:45 PM

Why do we need to rebrand Bitcoin? Is it because of rumors that it is a scam?  Well I think we don't need to rebrand Bitcoin since it has been proven by many that it is not a scam(only the people's manipulation makes it). And it is the standard of all cryptocurrency. It is making a hit. It may be low at times but still the most valuable amongst all cryptocurrency.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:43:17 PM

I don't really see the need of re-branding though. Bitcoin is built this way and it will never change no matter what. This is why Bitcoin is different from the rest because it doesn't need any change to grow, it only needs improvements. Also, we can't just re-brand Bitcoin, it has been use for so long and that its reputation is built with its name on it. Isn't hard forks basically a re-branding of something? Let's say Bitcoin cash and Bitcoin gold. They just changed the name and make it a little faster but it's still Bitcoin in nature.
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:45:56 PM

Why is there a need to re brand a thing that has already got so much fame in its original name.

That would be a waste of time, money and energy everything.

Instead there are many other things and problems in the crypto market that needs to be corrected and taken care of.

So better concentrate on other key issues related to the crypto market instead of rebranding it!
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:14:00 PM

no need i think , bitcoin has name and its quite famous rightnow , rebranding will make people get untrsuted to bitcoin in my opinion
hh4mmm

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:56:27 PM

that would be a good idea but since everyone knows about bitcoin, don't you know that any change will affect bitcoin. however we have been using it for transaction and other daily activities so i don't think that idea will be much valued for now. moreover changing the name or rebranding it will not increase the market structure and the smartness.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:16:20 PM

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin.

I don't agree that Bitcoin is seen by most newbies as a physical coin. How did you come up with that?
Bitcoin isn't confusing by even a bit.  Smiley
Also, rebranding a well known product usually doesn't end well. You can find many examples in the history of various companies that tried it. It would make everything even more confusing.
drmilind2004

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:50:09 PM

Bitcoin has established itself as a powerful brand through it's actions. For something that was near zero less than a decade above to trade at 20,000 within a short space of time, and to be potentially valued at 200k some time into the near future, is no mean accomplishment.

Imho, any attempt to rebrand Bitcoin will be a misguided one, and will only serve to nerf the brand.

Just a thought experiment: what if we consider the various Blockchain and Cryptocurrency launches as basically independent attempts to rebrand (and cash in on the aura of)  Bitcoin?
KeezAZA

Activity: 224

https://eloncity.io

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:16:56 PM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

My personal point for that question is that it is no need to Rebrand Bitcoin. It has its own party in the world and people still believe and trust it.

tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:53:20 PM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

No rebranding that bitcoin needed because everybody in this world already familiar with bitcoin.
The things bitcoin needs to improve is the transaction speed and the safetyness for the user.
If thhose things already perfect, i'm sure bitcoin will be the only one currency in this world
Biet12

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:07:53 PM

it does not need that because if the crypto world that already in fixed fixed crypto assets in gital,
I think it's like sepan

[tengah] [url = https: //codex.one]  ■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ CODEX ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■
■ ▬ ▬▬  PERTUKARAN MATA UANG CRYPTO DARI TOMORROW ▬▬▬ ■ [/
arabellascott21

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:23:46 PM

WE should not do this. Bitcoin has already established what is it, what it can do and how it will be used. This will provide confusion the the community if it gets rebranded.
Betty10

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:26:22 PM

The beauty of bitcoin is it uniqueness that leaves everyone guessing. There is certainly no need for rebranding. For rebranding to be considered, agreement has to be reached by various miners, but this is not needed.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 02:33:32 PM

I do not agree with rebranding Bitcoin at all because now the whole world knows it as Bitcoin. Would you rebrand Nike or Mcdonalds after such a long time it has taken to build these brands? I do not think it would be wise and it would just cause a terrible aftertaste and confusion in the market as there are many Bitcoin forks already and changing the name of Bitcoin would just make it all a lot worse. I do not agree to this idea at all but that is just my 2 bit.  Grin

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:39:34 PM

No need to change brand for bitcoin.bitcoin has spent 10 years to build a foothold a solid brand in the world.  in the place where I live.  When it comes to cryptocurrency a lot of people do not know.  What is crypto?.  But when someone talks about bitcoin most people know.
mcmchdlg03

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:04:18 PM

Bitcoin has an identity and there's no need to rebrand and no compelling reason to rebranding for the name of bitcoin that after some time has increasingly request, on the off chance that you take a gander at the motivation behind bitcoin itself at that point there is no requirement for reiteration until further notice
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:41:17 AM

Definitely a bad idea. Bitcoin cash was misleading enough, don't add anymore confusion for the public. Also, you are wrong to compare bitcoin with a company as it is not a centralized figure.
newinquiry

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:37:45 PM

No now is no need to re branding bitcoin because when this currency was created then its branding already done and remaining till bitcoin will live.if Ur idea for re branding bitcoin is initiate than this will be a biggest loss for bitcoin because other coins replace bitcoin and its value. this is already a big brand and known as a bitcoin so basically no required any changes or branding.
Vineeta2oct

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 12:59:59 PM

Re-branding is definitely not required because BTC just touched 8k mark and it's just the beginning and you will see in near future how BTC will break new records.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: