Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:17:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we Re-Brand Bitcoin?  (Read 3445 times)
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 09:59:58 AM

Do you think Bitcoin needs some Rebranding?

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

What would the pro's and cons of this be, and also the impact?

Let's discuss  Grin Grin Grin

Bitcoin's name is already famous and i think it's cool enoough for something valuable.
It will be so weird if something changes from bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BeManga

Activity: 961
Merit: 269

CryptoDirectories.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 10:17:25 AM

Rebranding is the creation of a new look and feel for an established product or company. The usual goal of rebranding is to influence a customer's perception about a product or service or the company overall by revitalizing the brand and making it seem more modern and relevant to the customer's needs.

First off, the name is a bit confusing? - Most people see the name and associate it with some physical coin. The media is also not helping with this

perception, because with every article about Bitcoin, pictures are shown of physical Casascius bitcoins.

The other aspect of Bitcoin that can be rebranded is it's bad reputation that has been built up and shilled up ..over years.

Every company gets to a point where they need to re-think their original goals and future plans... Why not Bitcoin? We have come a long way

since 2009 and making small changes will help us to take this into a new future, without the baggage of the past.

bitcoin dont need rebranding the bad reputaiton and misuse in bitcoin is one good on it because its the proof its survive from past

Bitcoin Directory
Altcoin Directory

Companies Directory
Token Sale Directory

Latest Crypto News
(Updated Every Hour!)
ICOTechSupport

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:41:41 PM

If you eventually rebrand bitcoin it will create doubts in the minds of the persons we want to adopt bitcoin,after a good consensus,rebranding should be when we have the percentage of mass adopters that we think we need,but no need for rebranding, bitcoin has a good name ..
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:54:48 PM

I think bitcoin does not need rebranding as it already real rebranding it may affect its value negatively as some people may not trust it again. Bitcoin has the best security on blockchain with good reputation as the leading coin which has attract many investors to believe fully on bitcoin. Rebranding might affects all this features
earlytrade24

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:07:31 AM

People, especially those new to crypto might be more confused about it if we re-brand it. On another note, as users/traders, do we actually have the power to re-brand it in the first place?
cybernetik7

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 06:10:12 PM

Rebranding a product/service which is well known brand after 10 years? For what? Rebranding bitcoin is waste of time and sourches that can be used for strengthen position of bitcoin in financial markets.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
gamechangers

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:40:46 PM

I don't think bitcoin need re-branding, but as for bad reputation generated by press circulating all over the internet and news papers, all of this needs to be corrected so that people can start to build back their confidence and start investing.
Bugg

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 07:44:50 PM

That's a gret idea, actually.
The concept of Bitcoin as well as its image and the term itself are getting a bit stale. The perception is biased, people are predisposed to thinking in a particular direction because of what they have heard or read about BTC.
Sure as heck the foundation is how people view it, and that is what needs to be just a bit altered, but as fast as possible.
Renampun

Activity: 2296
Merit: 362

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 07:54:41 PM

I don't think it's necessary, because the name Bitcoin already has its own magic, and I think if we re-branding Bitcoin it will reduce investor interest. so what we need to do is not panic, HOLD your Bitcoin and wait for the price of Bitcoin Bullish again..

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
chidi6957

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 09:03:06 PM

I really do, bit don't know how technically possible it is. But we need to make some updates on it to ensure it can meet up speed and support some micro transaction.
I imagine what will happen if bitcoin keep surging higher and high. How we can keep up with the slow confirmation.
loveinberlin

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 10:43:05 PM

In my opinion, re-branding of btc is needed because time is passing and everything requires changes. To my mind, it is better to rebrand btc with time. We will be able to re-brand btc with time
Glocalside

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:03:15 AM

That is unnecessary because the renaming of BITCOIN is just a formality, and sometimes it is done by many people.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:00:38 AM

I think bitcoin doesnt need rebrand. Bitcoin brand already powerfull in market and thats why people attracting to invest in bitcoin. Its true that bitcoin have a hard condition in several months but i think the brand of bitcoin still powerfull

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:40:37 AM

Do we think re-branding is the solution? Bitcoin requires massive advocate and awareness creation by the renowned Bitcoin users with much influence in our societies. This is what will push its patronage to hit the mainstream adoption.
I think we don't change anything fundamental from bitcoin. we just change its image, because the image of bitcoin might be pretty bad. that's what we will do mate! we need to rebrand to bitcoin for the better so that many people realize and aware that bitcoin technology is very important and useful for us
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:26:42 AM

Getting a brand to be recognized is very difficult, even if there are some negative connotations when people hear about the name bitcoin it will be a terrible mistake to change the name of bitcoin to anything else because if you did then it could be possible that many coins will try to claim that name and it is only going to create confusion among new investors.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 09:23:05 AM

I think Bitcoin does not need to be rebranding. If Bitcoin is being rebranded then its bad effect will be directly on Bitcoin. Because many people in the world know crypto currency as Bitcoin. And due to all this, market value that bitcoin will also decrease.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
gheawari431

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:46:30 AM

I don't think bitcoin need re-branding, but as for bad reputation generated by press circulating all over the internet and news papers, all of this needs to be corrected so that people can start to build back their confidence and start investing.
I think there needs to be an intensive promotion of bitcoin, because the bad news about bitcoin is very massive in various news, so the price drops. No one can lift the bitcoin image except the bitcoin users themselves. Because external factors greatly affect the reputation of bitcoin, rebranding is not necessary but I think the promotion of bitcoin is very necessary.
Bincanet

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:58:58 AM

It is really unnecessary. I don't think that we should re-brand bitcoin. Its name already go with us for a long time, it is quite good. No need to change.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:12:26 AM

The question is who will rebrand it. Satoshi Nakamoto?. well for me I do not think BTC need any rebranding again because it has been rebranded so many time and the result is those fork we have today. everyone is building on improving bitcoin performance and the result is thousands of crypto we have today. the fact is that this has done much damage than it help grow bitcoin.
mirawantirinjana

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:31:56 AM

I don't think it needs to be done because it will not change anything, it might even make things worse, there is no guarantee that Re-Brand in Bitcoin will change the situation now towards a better
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: