Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:37:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT coin - A total scam?  (Read 49716 times)
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:30:25 AM

Not sure if healing spells are gonna help this thread, C-f-B.

Healing is a side effect. Main purpose of this words is to talk to dead ones. I hope to raise bring back some trolls.

It worked
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 11:18:18 AM

Not sure if healing spells are gonna help this thread, C-f-B.

Healing is a side effect. Main purpose of this words is to talk to dead ones. I hope to raise bring back some trolls.

It worked

Zombie trolls..........eek, I'm off, he squeaked.

NXT is being used to launder BTC or other forms of money, and it's somewhere around 4-5 people who drive the whole thing and they collectively own 80+% of the coin. jl777 is one of those people. They go through phases of distributing the coins to people who they think can improve the profile of NXT(that would be me and Ian Knowles) and other tactics like 'swarm teams' and manipulation of the market ticker to make a steady profit. This goes to pay the promoters, infrastructure, etc. Jl777 in particular seems to have some kind of exalted status in this group as it's abundantly clear he is running multiple ponzi schemes, everyone knows it, but no one calls him on it. Jl777 has garnered at least .5 million USD from his ponzi investments and he has never a the end produced a return on any of them.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/zombie_how
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:05:59 PM

NXT is being used to launder BTC or other forms of money

This seems to be an original accusation. +1!
centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 03:23:29 AM

Nope - NXT has a very active community .They actively develop very interesting projects

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 07:13:56 AM

Yay, that rules! Haven't seen an original NXT horror story in a very long time.

And who the f*** are those 4 or 5 mythical whales who own all the NXT ? Name some names, please.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
bronepoezd

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 10:48:52 PM

NXT forum has very big community with many live projects, hard to believe this is a scam
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 02:26:24 AM

Nope - NXT has a very active community .They actively develop very interesting projects

Ya man, the NXT Forum gets 200 posts/day in 2015...
So it definitely is not a "total scam"... though there are assets on the AE that seem absurd.

I found this quote in cyberspace:

"If Doc Roberts had brought the Altair 8800 to a VC in 1974...
He would have been patted on the head and sent on his way"

That pretty much sums up some of the more exotic Nxt Assets like JINN and certain nxtVenture stuff...
And now apparently BCNext is working on Nxt Mobile or whtever...
So there I've listed 3 engineers that are clearly genius level visionaries with an actual track record...
But they would never qualify for formal VC funding.

For a speculator... you get a chance to bet on very interesting ventures with decent odds  Smiley

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:31:31 AM

What is this "Nxt Mobile"?

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:18:54 AM

What is this "Nxt Mobile"?

https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-nxt-mobile

I think he got something wrong, fmiboy seems to be working on this, not BCNext.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:27:12 PM

And the problem with that is ........

ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:22:41 PM

NXT is being used to launder BTC or other forms of money, and it's somewhere around 4-5 people who drive the whole thing and they collectively own 80+% of the coin. jl777 is one of those people. They go through phases of distributing the coins to people who they think can improve the profile of NXT(that would be me and Ian Knowles) and other tactics like 'swarm teams' and manipulation of the market ticker to make a steady profit. This goes to pay the promoters, infrastructure, etc. Jl777 in particular seems to have some kind of exalted status in this group as it's abundantly clear he is running multiple ponzi schemes, everyone knows it, but no one calls him on it. Jl777 has garnered at least .5 million USD from his ponzi investments and he has never a the end produced a return on any of them.
how large the group of friends is and what % they still own is debatable but yeh another scam in cryptoland

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:48:01 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 07:53:28 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 08:34:14 AM by altcoinUK

That's interesting to read about jl777, James. And yes, you are quite right that he is rolling out one scam after the other and no one calls him on it yet (but the call from law enforcement will be inevitable and they will be calling him on).
I know about him relatively little. I came cross with him in the VeriCoin thread on the day when he started to sell his Supernet IPO. He needed the back in and support of the Vericoin community and he was pushing really hard his agenda. As he came cross as a real charlatan in promoting his product I had no doubt his Supernet is a complete bollocks, and as we can see of course it is (he can check-in at Github as much code as he want, that doesn't change the fact that the whole Supernet idea is a bollocks). I do quite a lot angel investment in real life and come cross all the time with convincing charlatans like James aka jl777 is. Anyway, it is interesting to read this speculation that he is one of the main NXT founder guys - no wonder he keeps his anonymity intact very carefully.

Not that he can remain anonymous forever whatever talented he is and we have to give him that he is very talented, being able to collect U$ 5 million require a special talent even in crypto world.
altcoinUK

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:07:19 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 08:33:46 AM by altcoinUK

NXT forum has very big community with many live projects, hard to believe this is a scam

Ya man, the NXT Forum gets 200 posts/day in 2015...
So it definitely is not a "total scam"... though there are assets on the AE that seem absurd.

And still, the fact that many idiots who believe in fairy tales and eagerly support the handful NXT founders who created the original 73 shill accounts doesn't change the fact that the whole operation is a completely useless initiative - except it is useful for the handful who are scamming out the shit from the crypto market.
After all, you could have the over 50 projects, assets - or you call the way you want to call the nonsenses appears around NXT -, but since no one use them in real world and in the meantime they are trying to sell the NXT idea really-really hard to newbies and naive users. and that makes the whole operation a scam.

though there are assets on the AE that seem absurd.

Let me correct you about that: since the assets are not used in real world all of them are totally absurd.
Daedelus

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:15:03 AM

...handful NXT founders who created the original 73 shill accounts doesn't change...

Links?

FYI, after two months there were ~103 who were actually eligible for a stake but who didn't bother to claim it. I guess that is Nxt's fault too.

You can read the Nxt 'IPO' (IPO/ICO etc terms didn't exist then, it was a world where there were only ~35 coins on CMC) here, day by day post by post:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

(you can even see who some of the founders were, still active on BTT  Cheesy )
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

Why did NXT have to steal many millions of dollars?   Angry

Jeff Garzik (Bitcoin developer so I trust him) was right about NxT, this a huge scam.   Angry  Now NxT is just trading their stolen money, back and forth, to create fake capitalization and volume.  How do you stop this.   Angry

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Daedelus

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:22:24 AM

Why did NXT have to steal many millions of dollars?   Angry

Jeff Garzik (Bitcoin developer so I trust him) was right about NxT, this a huge scam.   Angry  Now NxT is just trading their stolen money, back and forth, to create fake capitalization and volume.  How do you stop this.   Angry

Links? Blockchain data would suffice.
altcoinUK

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:30:47 AM

...handful NXT founders who created the original 73 shill accounts doesn't change...

Links?

FYI, after two months there were ~103 who were actually eligible for a stake but who didn't bother to claim it. I guess that is Nxt's fault too.

Fuck off with your requests about links, all right? I am a very patient and polite man, but when a well know scammer like yourself who has been promoting a well know scam asking from me evidence instead of providing evidence that the operation is not a scam then that is quite irrational, don't you think?

Send me a link about where your fucking useless NXT assets - that you have been selling really-really hard to newbies, idiots and naive investors - used in real world, and then we continue talking about why sensible people are sceptical about your countless vapourwares and fantasy projects (I give it you that it is not a fantasy from your viewpoint as you scam people for real money, but terms of use cases the projects/assets are in fantasy land)
altcoinUK

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:32:34 AM

Now NxT is just trading their stolen money, back and forth, to create fake capitalization and volume.  

Precisely, that's what happening, except the faked volume brings in some new money from newbies and idiots.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 08:35:31 AM

NXT has features. Bitcoin has nothing.
Jeff Garzik feeling threatened?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: