Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:49:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT coin - A total scam?  (Read 49715 times)
pinarello

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

NXT is the future

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:36:18 AM

Future will tell but NXT is innovation.

and I am not affraid to invest in innovating technologie.

Dont mis this train.

before was looking at emunie but NXT looks much better.

price is 300x more, off course you talking big new innovative coin here, it will be 10000x more next month.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:43:22 AM

Nxt brings most innovations into cryptocurrency scene. But, 100% premine by a few selected individuals is a global weakness of Nxt project and may destroy it.
However, future will tell. Now we can only suppose.

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 08:47:44 AM

Nxt brings most innovations into cryptocurrency scene. But, 100% premine by a few selected individuals is a global weakness of Nxt project and may destroy it.
However, future will tell. Now we can only suppose.

It's not a premine.  Everyone paid for their Nxt and everyone had over a month to invest.

It's always after someone else takes the risk that everyone else wants the reward.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
blackfyre175

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:09:40 AM

BCNext has been open from the beginning about how NXT will work, including the 1 billion coin generation which was open for anyone to invest in - Now you could say that it is all subterfuge and it is 71 different forum accounts of his friends, but where are the people that tried to invest and had their investment rejected? Or never received their NXT coins? I find it unlikely given all the speculation in crypto's that BCNext could make a post on such a big forum and have only investors who are in on his plan apply and zero from anyone else - even have his friends be a majority and only have a few outside investors is very unlikely.

People thought he was scamming the first time when he was asking for bitcoins for the original investment and he didn't run away with 21 bitcoin - Now this doesn't prove he is going to deliver everything that is promoised but you have to read about the coin and make an educated decision, investing and entrepreneurship involves taking calculated risks.

The price that the 1 Billion NXT were worth from the initial investment is also not a factor, people are investing in NXT as a technology not a currency and are taking a calculated risk that it is going to take the crypto payment network to the next level in which case the price per NXT would be far higher than it is now, some people believe that to be true and are taking a calculated risk on it. You read, decide for yourself but why try and force your opinion on other people or be desperate to convince them that what you believe is true - Let people make up their own minds, they are responsible for their own actions and the consequences of those actions.
miztaziggy (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:48:15 AM

There is no proof that this coin is anything more than a cheap imitation sold for 21 BTC and now trying to be sold for 6000 BTC.

Would the source code help u to come to a conclusion if it's imitation or not?

Yes, of course, the full and uncut source code proving these advanced features and an actual difference from BTC would prove me wrong. And I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Ok, u have to wait till the 3rd of Jan. Or u can disassemble *.class files right away.

Yes, we will see. My bet, partial source code gets released only. The part where we're up to now. It won't include these promised features, basically because they don't exist.

The more I read the more I think the coin was created by someone trying to make a fast buck. It's a good old fashioned blind auction type scam. Plus I don't think it's particularly secure the way it's set up right now with wallets only protected with a password.

The stakeholders probably aren't in on the scam, but are trying to protect their investment and make a profit by pushing this coin and shouting the doubters down.

Of course, you are free to invest what you like. I personally have invested a little LTC in NXT - just in case I am wrong (and I hope I am). But I think that people need to look at this with eyes wide open and think for themselves, before rushing into buying NXT - trying to get on board early.

Nxt brings most innovations into cryptocurrency scene.

Correction - NXT promises to have innovation in future. Right now, there is nothing.

*Image Removed*
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:55:16 AM

I personally have invested a little LTC in NXT - just in case I am wrong (and I hope I am).

Don't repeat this too often, this makes u look like a troll who tries to hide his real intentions.
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:09:09 AM

There is no proof that this coin is anything more than a cheap imitation sold for 21 BTC and now trying to be sold for 6000 BTC.

Would the source code help u to come to a conclusion if it's imitation or not?

Yes, of course, the full and uncut source code proving these advanced features and an actual difference from BTC would prove me wrong. And I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Ok, u have to wait till the 3rd of Jan. Or u can disassemble *.class files right away.

Yes, we will see. My bet, partial source code gets released only. The part where we're up to now. It won't include these promised features, basically because they don't exist.

The more I read the more I think the coin was created by someone trying to make a fast buck. It's a good old fashioned blind auction type scam. Plus I don't think it's particularly secure the way it's set up right now with wallets only protected with a password.

The stakeholders probably aren't in on the scam, but are trying to protect their investment and make a profit by pushing this coin and shouting the doubters down.

Of course, you are free to invest what you like. I personally have invested a little LTC in NXT - just in case I am wrong (and I hope I am). But I think that people need to look at this with eyes wide open and think for themselves, before rushing into buying NXT - trying to get on board early.

Nxt brings most innovations into cryptocurrency scene.

Correction - NXT promises to have innovation in future. Right now, there is nothing.

So all you are saying is: Blah FUD blah bblah blah FUD FUD I wanna buy but cheap blah blah FUD.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:42:00 AM

So, let me summarize:
You thing (suspect, fear, whatever) that Nxt is a scam. The creator released a basic, buggy coin just so he can make some fast money. The promised features are not coming, they don't and won't exist.

You are so confident in this, you voice your opinion boldly, and frequently on various forums.

Now, how about you put some money behind it? Care for a bet?
You win if Nxt won't include at least two of the promised innovative features until the end of March 2014.
How much would you like to bet?
miztaziggy (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:42:40 AM

Lol you guys.

You call me the troll?

You just try to shout down any argument that gets in the way of you selling off your NXT at 300x profit while you can.

Time will tell who's right. Let's see.

How much would you like to bet?

Why would I need to bet with you?

I have my BTC, I have LTC, I have Ripple and FTC and IFC and I have some NXT. I have no interest in betting with anyone else, I have the coins I have and that's a gamble enough for me.

This will go 1 of 2 ways.

1. I am wrong and the source gets released IN FULL and the price of NXT jumps up. You profit. Excellent.

2. I am right. The source gets partially released. The other features don't appear. The code is proved insecure and the price drops. Everyone loses except for the creator and early investors that sold off at least a 300th of their stock.

*Image Removed*
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:57:43 AM

1. I am wrong and the source gets released IN FULL and the price of NXT jumps up. You profit. Excellent.

2. I am right. The source gets partially released. The other features don't appear. The code is proved insecure and the price drops. Everyone loses except for the creator and early investors that sold off at least a 300th of their stock.

This is a great way to make yourself look smart.
You know that the source for the extra features will not be releases initially, it was stated before. You are not speculating on this.
miztaziggy (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:15:15 AM

You know that the source for the extra features will not be releases initially, it was stated before. You are not speculating on this.

I haven't seen a definite answer on this. The plan was to release the source on Jan 3rd I believe, but the post on NXT forum seems to ask whether it should be limited.

I don't understand why so many of you guys that aren't early investors, and have no real stake in this currency blindly believe that all these features will come to fruition without seeing any evidence.

Doesn't the partial release of source, buggy client and lack of information feel very shady to you?

*Image Removed*
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:16:42 AM

You just try to shout down any argument that gets in the way of you selling off your NXT at 300x profit while you can.

I have seen absolutely no arguments from you. One argument you had is that creator gave away coins which is false since all of initial investors bought. High profit for them (I bought on forums later) is here because few want to sell at these rates not because some magic entity said price should be this and that.

Since it's a lot different, if full source was released on day 1 it would be copied on day 2 and used to create 1000 pump & dump copies.

I have my BTC, I have LTC, I have Ripple and FTC and IFC and I have some NXT. I have no interest in betting with anyone else, I have the coins I have and that's a gamble enough for me.

Then what is your agenda? To save other people from bad investment? In a sea of copy crap coins. Well you're my hero then! Go and make scam threads for 99% coins in this subforum.
nexern

Activity: 597

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:17:14 AM

yes, this is correct. his postings indicate all he want is the source, nothing more and for what reason ever.
what i don't understand, why should anybody care what he want? no need to say more from my side.
KaozTiposta

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:22:43 AM

I bought it when it's 0.00001112 BTC
now 0.00000312 BTC. %70 loss  Grin
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:23:20 AM

I don't understand why so many of you guys that aren't early investors, and have no real stake in this currency blindly believe that all these features will come to fruition without seeing any evidence.

U would see a lot of evidence if u disassembled the binaries. A lot of code related to decentralized exchange is still there, coz it was impossible to remove it completely without breaking basic features. Feel free to spend some ur NXTs to find someone who could check that for u.
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:42:04 AM

I bought it when it's 0.00001112 BTC
now 0.00000312 BTC. %70 loss  Grin

So, it was:
1) usual pump & dump
or
2) many scam accusations have damaged Nxt good name and its rate goes down.

d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 6214

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:20:59 PM

It's the usual pump & dump.

Everytime a coin hits an exchange its value goes down a while because early adopters take their profits (see the order book - many "Nxt millionaires" dumping). Then the "real" growth phase can begin, if the coin's fundamentals are solid.

I hope open sourcing of Nxt code is done fast and without helding any code back. Why so scared about clones?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
miztaziggy (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:57:57 PM

I have no motive to obtain the source code. Personally, I couldn't do much with it anyway, I am not an expert in that field at all. I have contacts that could inspect it and tell me what's what.

I am talking about the release of the source in general, to the community.

The bitcoin source was released, inspected by people with the know how and no major flaw found - hence BTC is relatively stable and I have trust in it. I trust that it isn't a cheap badly written piece of crap that will get ditched and leave every investor with nothing.

Now, if the source for this NXT coin is the next big thing, what do the developers have to fear by releasing it, except copy cat coins?

Look how many copy cat bitcoin clones there are and look how Bitcoin is still by far the strongest.

If NXT has what it claims, it has nothing to fear.

I have seen absolutely no arguments from you. One argument you had is that creator gave away coins which is false since all of initial investors bought. High profit for them (I bought on forums later) is here because few want to sell at these rates not because some magic entity said price should be this and that.

No arguments?

My arguments are clear.

1 - No source code released, so how can anyone trust there is more to this coin than meets the eye (ie buggy alpha stage basic coin)?
2 - Other than massive speculation, what's the reason the early investors feel that after a month, they can sell their NXT at 300x the value they bought them at?

I just don't think that until this coin is really tested and proved to be secure etc by the community that people here should blindly buy masses of NXT in the hope of 'getting in early'

I saw a post by some guy saying he had invested nearly $15k into NXT. Either he has more money than sense or is a real gambler, because the truth is no one has any evidence this coin is anything more than we see right now.

*Image Removed*
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:00:11 PM

The bitcoin source was released, inspected by people with the know how and no major flaw found - hence BTC is relatively stable and I have trust in it. I trust that it isn't a cheap badly written piece of crap that will get ditched and leave every investor with nothing.

Nxt follows in Bitcoin footsteps. Bitcoin wasn't open source from Day 1. Care to beat this argument? Smiley
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:12:52 PM

I've been reading through the original bitcoin talk thread announcing NXT. As far as I can tell, fundraising was initially announced to be open until the coin launched on Jan 3, but then BCNext closed it without any warning about six weeks earlier than that date after he got 20 BTC (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3620732#msg3620732) from only 71 stakeholders even though here he said he wanted at least 250 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.300). I still haven't seen an explanation of why he closed the fundraising so early with so few stakeholders. I'm sure more people would have invested if the window stayed open and that would have reduced the concentration.

Does anyone know why this was done? It seems like it would have benefited the coin to keep the fundraising open longer.

NEM - nem.io
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: