Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:34:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT coin - A total scam?  (Read 49715 times)
Bfljosh

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Skol!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:36:45 PM

71 or 250, what is the difference?

I like the POS but why don't they make  a 100% POS coin with a small mine period?

I don't like this Next coin at all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
utopianfuture

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:41:09 PM

I like the POS but why don't they make  a 100% POS coin with a small mine period?

Why ? So that the ones with the powerful mining equipment will take all the coins ? What's the difference then ?

-4 trust rating. Okie.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
bizz

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:56:27 PM

I like the POS but why don't they make  a 100% POS coin with a small mine period?

Why ? So that the ones with the powerful mining equipment will take all the coins ? What's the difference then ?

+1 PoW is even worse! Why? Because those with access to bleeding edge hardware have big advantage over others.
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

I don't understand why so many of you guys that aren't early investors, and have no real stake in this currency blindly believe that all these features will come to fruition without seeing any evidence.
1) I think the person who don't understand something first of all would do his best to try to understand and not to flood forum with false acquisitions.
2) I saw by my own eyes the evidence that you require. Nobody is hiding it. And you also can see it (if you really want). And that was the reason (and not some "blind belief") that now i have >1M NXT.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:26:46 PM

I've been reading through the original bitcoin talk thread announcing NXT. As far as I can tell, fundraising was initially announced to be open until the coin launched on Jan 3, but then BCNext closed it without any warning about six weeks earlier than that date after he got 20 BTC (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3620732#msg3620732) from only 71 stakeholders even though here he said he wanted at least 250 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.300). I still haven't seen an explanation of why he closed the fundraising so early with so few stakeholders. I'm sure more people would have invested if the window stayed open and that would have reduced the concentration.

Does anyone know why this was done? It seems like it would have benefited the coin to keep the fundraising open longer.

Yeah this annoyed me as I wanted to invest.

I was also talking to BCNext about a project - creating an exchange and he suddenly disappeared. We agreed and I started working on it and he disappears a couple of weeks later and shuts down the funding.

Someone will clone this and get it done right, this has been handled like a shambles.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:28:20 PM

I've been reading through the original bitcoin talk thread announcing NXT. As far as I can tell, fundraising was initially announced to be open until the coin launched on Jan 3, but then BCNext closed it without any warning about six weeks earlier than that date after he got 20 BTC (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.msg3620732#msg3620732) from only 71 stakeholders even though here he said he wanted at least 250 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.300). I still haven't seen an explanation of why he closed the fundraising so early with so few stakeholders. I'm sure more people would have invested if the window stayed open and that would have reduced the concentration.

Does anyone know why this was done? It seems like it would have benefited the coin to keep the fundraising open longer.

Yeah this annoyed me as I wanted to invest.

I was also talking to BCNext about a project - creating an exchange and he suddenly disappeared. We agreed and I started working on it and he disappears a couple of weeks later and shuts down the funding.

Someone will clone this and get it done right, this has been handled like a shambles.

Will u launch ur exchange btw?
miztaziggy (OP)

Activity: 432

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:10:26 PM

Yep that's because he has made his 21 BTC, now just to sell off whatever NXT he has before the masses realise it's a fake...profit.

*Image Removed*
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:18:03 PM

I missed out by only a few days as well.  But I think they ended the stakeholder investor period early so they could launch earlier than emunie.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:26:55 PM

Yep that's because he has made his 21 BTC, now just to sell off whatever NXT he has before the masses realise it's a fake...profit.

I see I just wasted my time trying to explain to u why 20 digit accounts r secure. U were just trolling.
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:42:21 PM

Anybody that tries Nxt knows it isn't "fake".

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:31:24 AM

I opened topic in my forum http://ecoiner.org/tutorials/nxt-tutorial-111/
let me know if i can give more help.i think nxt not scam.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:41:29 AM

Miztaziggy proved he is a troll. He offered to bet but ignored me when I accepted it and asked for amount and escrow. Let's ignore this poor suckpuppet.
miztaziggy (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:42:40 PM

Miztaziggy proved he is a troll. He offered to bet but ignored me when I accepted it and asked for amount and escrow. Let's ignore this poor suckpuppet.

Lol.

We will see. All these poor fools putting money into NXT Sad

It's an obvious scam.

And the term I used 'my bet' is a figure of speech, not a literal term. You probably just misunderstood as you're Russian. Who would have thought a Russian running a totally fraudulent / scam coin eh? Stereotypical, maybe.....

*Image Removed*
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 04:11:26 PM

Its not just NXT.

WTF is up with junk coin prices ?

Soo many bubbles.. soo many bagholders.. I'm afraid to look ! Shocked

I guesstimate 80% of the copy n paste crap coins have the same few people behind them.

miztaziggy (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:02:30 PM

Problem is NXT isn't just an inflated copy coin, it's a real full on fraud coin.

It promises to be different and Bitcoin 2.0, however it is half finished garbage. There are fewer features than any other coin, it is really basic and really buggy/badly designed.

It is 100% premined and handed out to 71 select few. They are trying to sell it off for about 300x its initial cost.

If ever there was a coin that was created as a total scam to make money for the developer, this is it.

*Image Removed*
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:53:09 PM

Problem is NXT isn't just an inflated copy coin, it's a real full on fraud coin.
If ever there was a coin that was created as a total scam to make money for the developer, this is it.

You are saying this with so much conviction, yet not willing to put any money on it.
Pretty strange, maybe this cryptocurrency world is not for you.
kdrop22

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:15:10 PM

Agreed, I remember seeing this as well.
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:19:36 PM

Agreed, I remember seeing this as well.

I wanted to invest too. His disappearance made it look like a scam. Perhaps it's time to give us another chance or create a better coin

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 12:16:56 AM

It promises to be different and Bitcoin 2.0, however it is half finished garbage. There are fewer features than any other coin, it is really basic and really buggy/badly designed.

It is 100% premined and handed out to 71 select few. They are trying to sell it off for about 300x its initial cost.

Whether you're talking about features, services, infrastructure, premine, easymine ect.. they (the coins) are all the same. They are ponzi schemes.

Just like beer, they tell you it tastes better when in fact.. its all the same shit. Grin

The biggest part of the scam is how people have been made to believe that the junk coin invasion is a good thing for cryptos.

dgcntrds

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 12:47:31 AM

NXT is total scam, avoid at all cost.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: