Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:53:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone doing cryptocoins should be using Linux as OS  (Read 5276 times)
Mike_Rotch

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:31:48 AM

When you check out, there are not a lot of people trusting Windows with valued data. If you have a company and want to handle data you will most likely go with some kind of Unix based server. Banks, for instance, wont use Windows servers to handle customers money and transactions.

I dont know about you, but I would like to go to bed knowing I am using a robust operating system to handle my Bitcoins. Nowadays you can end up having a lot of money on cryptocoins and (even if you got them really cheap) its time to start protecting them the same way you protect your money.

So maybe its time to download Ubuntu or Debian.
If you dont want to change your Windows life get an dedicated computer for Bitcoins, install some Linux flavor on it and use your online wallets and exchanges from there.

Remember that, with Bitcoin, you are your Bank!

This!

BTC:12axUHTuJPB2wRrHSVSdckHW118zvMjZpt 
Support n0nplusultra.net
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:03:44 PM

When you check out, there are not a lot of people trusting Windows with valued data. If you have a company and want to handle data you will most likely go with some kind of Unix based server. Banks, for instance, wont use Windows servers to handle customers money and transactions.

I dont know about you, but I would like to go to bed knowing I am using a robust operating system to handle my Bitcoins. Nowadays you can end up having a lot of money on cryptocoins and (even if you got them really cheap) its time to start protecting them the same way you protect your money.

So maybe its time to download Ubuntu or Debian.
If you dont want to change your Windows life get an dedicated computer for Bitcoins, install some Linux flavor on it and use your online wallets and exchanges from there.

Remember that, with Bitcoin, you are your Bank!

This!

Totally agree. If you want to keep windows, get a raspberry pi ($25) and keep your btc on there. If it crashes, you can just take out the ad card.

JeffWinger

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:02:06 PM

thanks for the info!
coinerbit

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:34:49 PM

I remember I had an older (2006) hp laptop that had nvidia on it. I installed Fedora Core on it, and luckily nvidia had linux drivers, you had to compile them, but they provided them.

Took me a while to get it to work correctly but I did. I have a computer right now that I would love to put linux on, but it has a nvidia card in it, screw that, 7 it is.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:58:56 PM

I remember I had an older (2006) hp laptop that had nvidia on it. I installed Fedora Core on it, and luckily nvidia had linux drivers, you had to compile them, but they provided them.

Took me a while to get it to work correctly but I did. I have a computer right now that I would love to put linux on, but it has a nvidia card in it, screw that, 7 it is.

Hey atelast you have windows 7. Windows 8 is crap. What's funny is that hp is bragging that they are now selling windows 7 computers instead of windows 8.

banaltcoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:51:12 PM

or using a permanent offline windows pc only
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:53:02 PM

or using a permanent offline windows pc only

Any OS offline is safe. For online, you are best off with linux.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: