Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:20:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How well does Bitcoin function as a currency?  (Read 3265 times)
Vart4varta

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:25:17 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2018, 02:59:56 PM by Vart4varta

To be frank, bitcoin is the currency of the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:42:24 PM

Successful currencies meet three criteria:

(1) they are in widespread use as medium of exchange
(2) they serve as unit of account
(3) they are a stable store of value.

Most sovereign currencies fully meet all three criteria.

What about Bitcoin?

With as an instant payment as well as open transactions. and can be tracked globally from and seen by anyone is a good thing.
and I think bitcoin has been quite successful so far as a means of payment when working with other service payments.
Nicholas Ferreiraa

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:16:08 PM

If you follow the criteria, bitcoin is not a currency. Bitcoin does not satisfy all three criteria, the price of bitcoin fluctuates very erratically but it is becoming more and more popular and in some places bitcoins are in use as medium of exchange.
taxli

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:41:06 PM

The bitcoin functions as a currency, since it can be used as a payment for goods or services that you have purchased from merchants who take bitcoins. Bitcoin is gaining popularity now and for a short time, it will be widespread, and maybe in the near future.
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:44:53 PM

I can state as at today, the rate at which bitcoin work as a cash is ledge especially low contrasted with working as a speculation. The money part is excessively minute, making it impossible to be figured with as that is harming the market from developing. Retailers wont make deals therefore. A few online shops have opened to offer garments, staple goods, hoods, things tolerating bitcoin as a methods for installment yet they wind up shutting since I wont purchase something of say .01btc and by one week from now acknowledged I could have paid 0.008btc for that same ware.
arabellascott21

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:03:00 PM

I think that bitcoin has still not reached the state of being a currency. It is more of an asset for now.
sborders52567

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:26:58 PM

To me bitcoin is something that for now only the digital and the i ternet can only make sense or understand what this is all about but to the world. It is but a fugazi or it doesnt exist.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:55:52 AM

What about Bitcoin?
In present time, bitcoin is serving people by being a kind of investment or I should say the best investment around by which people are earning a lot and has even helped poor people like those who can use internet and computer and are jobless or finding very low paid jobs, so bitcoin has helped these people also in finding employment, can’t predict the future but what I feel and know is that bitcoin in future will surely become the central currency globally but for now it is in widespread use as a medium of exchange.
skyland999

Activity: 213
Merit: 13

Wonderful World

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:23:55 AM

What about Bitcoin?
on criterion number 1 and 2 bitcoin can achieve it only at the last number bitcoin that still can not be fulfilled from three criteria. and for me bitcoin is just a digital currency that can not be equated with all three criteria above. maybe the above reasons can only be used for fiat money
eashikde

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:03:29 AM

At the moment, bitcoin as cryptocurrency is not fully disclosed, as it is illegal in many countries and does not work with governments. Now the world is not yet ready for such a change of currency, therefore it takes some time to make it a working currency.
rexona

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:10:16 AM

I think bitcoin still does not meet the criteria for being a global currency, because bitcoin still has a weakness to be one currency because bitcoin is unstable, bitcoin is better to be an asset instead of a currency.
Wesley Gardner

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:13:48 AM

I will approach bitcoin next.
VALUE which is Intrinsic, It possesses a trusted, believable value 
SCALABILITY Can be easily made into large and small denominations
FUNGIBILITY able to be easily used, carried, moved, transported,
IDENTIFIABLE Transparent, easily recognized by all parties in a transaction, ,
MUTUAL BENEFIT for all who trade and save with the token
TRADEABILITY:  The token is recognized as having  or believed to have value by others outside of the immediate transaction
LIMITED QUANTITY: The Token is a  limited resource preventing hyperinflation.  the token gains in value rather than decreasing into oblivion because it's availability is limited
Giles Goodman

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:18:07 AM

The reason I'm interested in bitcoin is that it's a marvelous medium of exchange, but a terrible store of value and an even worse unit of account.

One of the most revolutionary things about bitcoin is that it challenges some of our ideas about what is money.  For example, why *does* the medium of exchange have to be the unit of account or a store of value.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:20:49 AM

What about Bitcoin?
In display time, bitcoin is serving individuals by being a sort of venture or I should state the best speculation around by which individuals are gaining a considerable measure and has even helped destitute individuals like the individuals who can utilize web and PC and are jobless or finding low paid occupations, so bitcoin has helped these individuals likewise in discovering business, can't anticipate the future yet what I feel and know is that bitcoin in future will unquestionably turn into the focal money universally however for the present it is in boundless use as a medium of trade.
taxli

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:29:51 AM

So far, bitcoin cannot be called a currency, because it is not recognized by the governments of many countries. Yes, now there is an active discussion about the regulation it like a currency, but no one knows how long it will take to create one law for all.
nagasaking

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:48:42 PM

can not threaten bitcoin as currency, sorry, that's more an asset to me .. a bit like gold .. so Bitcoin is a gold asset that has a very valuable value.
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 06:45:42 PM

In the sense that you described, it is impossible to "fit" Bitcoins under your definition. He really lacks stability, which stems from the fact that not all countries are accepting it yet. But it is reliable and safe.
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:57:53 PM

bitcoin transfers all this to the Internet space, thanks to the protected technology)
Sema1984

Activity: 47
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:07:44 PM

What about Bitcoin?

In my opinion, currency is something like a consensus decision. When some number of people agree on something that will be a valuable exchange product
kimjongun92

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:56:31 AM

Some online stores have opened to supply garments, staples, hoods, everything accepts bitcoin as a payment method but they will close because I will not buy something to say. At the moment, bitcoin is serving people by investing or should I say the best investment so people make a lot of money and even help poor people like people who can use the internet and computers and unemployment I can not predict the future, but what I feel and know is that the future bitcoin will definitely become the global center of gravity, but it is now widely used. As a means of exchange, transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: