Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:27:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Here is why QUARK is so hot, so expensive? Read it and think?  (Read 7449 times)
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:57:48 PM

guys. you are currency of choice representatives. your posts are being used to judge the community you are being part of. by being agressive, insulting and provocative you are not doing any good to your investment - no matter whether its a scam or not. afterall many think bitcoin is a scam/pyramid/ponzi even now. opinions are like arseholes - everybody got one. just think what you write and how you write it, it matters.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

Another cry baby fool who passed up buying qrks when they were being fairly distributed on the market for months.

THE ONLY PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT QRK ARE THOSE THAT HAVE NONE. They did not buy when it was cheap for months on end, now they complain about the free market forces that determine the price.

Who the heck new about QRK 6 months ago? The crypto-market is still pretty new, and to release 98% of a currency in 6 months when this market is still in infancy (most people don't know anything beyond BitCoin), and only start hyping it up during some astronomical rise of some of the more established currencies is too obvious.

As a miner, I have ZERO interest in this coin now thanks to how this was executed.

. MINING MEANS NOTHING , MINING MEANS NOTHING - when you learn this fact come back to crypto.

Try and mine some BTC for less that your electricity and the cost of asics. Don't you get it yet. The market is important not the mining.

IF I WAS TO INSTAMINE 100% OF A COIN AND GIVE IT OUT FOR NEARLY FREE FOR MONTHS. LESS THAN YOUR ELECTRICITY COST TO MINE IT WOULD YOU STILL MOAN IF YOU NEGLECTED TO BUY IT.Huh  this is what you are crying about now.

Why are all the noob trolls so stuck on QRK?  were you there to mine BTC on 0.00000000000000000001 diff?? or LTC?  no you were not.  It is cheaper to buy BTC and hold it for the last few months, the same will be true for nearly all coins very soon.

Forget about the mining unless you are there on the first few days and wait until the coins are dumped for nothing and buy them.  OH wait though the new wave of clones will probably never make it to the exchanges so i would just mine coins that have value now and buy some too.

Don't worry you were not there for the start of crypto , you are still in at 1min past the start.  It's like apple shares, you were not there when they were released don't go crying calling them a scam now, you need to look out for the next thing instead of crying about things you have missed. QRK is like apple shares at $50 sure you didnt get them for 1 dollar but will you sit there crying scam until they go to 500 dollars and beyond?

COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER.These damn butthurt trolls are so annoying. They see Quark as a threat and their own investment is in danger because Quark is rising in popularity so fast. So they trying hard to change peoples mind. You all are only making it harder for yourself with these worthless hating. The more hate the more success. LTC is the best example.

So the people that believe that Quark is overvalued are the trolls in this thread?

Let's get real guys. The people in this thread that are the most obnoxious are the Quark supporters. Calling anyone who disagrees with them butthurt, coinless, noobs, while not providing any real supporting evidence to back up their positions.

Many of us think that Quark is way overvalued, not that it has no value.

Distribution of the coin is a concern.

How the network will function efficiently in a few months with no incentive to mine is a concern.

Right now the only unique thing Quark brings to the table is additional encryption. Which is a solution to a problem that hasn't happened yet.

Other then that the value of Quark is just hype.

Why do you believe QRK is overvalued? Based upon what? Why does QRK need to justify it's price more than any other coin?

Is WDC overvalued?  how about BTC? is that overvalued?  ask sensible questions compared to other coins.

CGB, ADT, TIX IFC, these coins are in the same position as QRK why not ask about how they will cope? SOme of these coins are running almost pos only now. Qrk can introduce this at any point. However if the price rises then there will always be interest in mining it anyway.

At least QRK brings something new right? it's distribution is actually better than most coins due to the low price for months on the market. So again it has no more to answer for its distribution that any other coin and is far more fairly spread than say BTC.  Why all the qrk questions that are not directed at other coins is the real reason we know it is not genuine interest but jealousy for missing out.

People are getting annoyed answering the same stupid questions over and over and over. Noobs need to be taught to use the search function instead of spamming the same mad questions and shouting scam at everything they don't understand or missed out on for arriving late.

Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:00:48 PM

guys. you are currency of choice representatives. your posts are being used to judge the community you are being part of. by being agressive, insulting and provocative you are not doing any good to your investment - no matter whether its a scam or not. afterall many think bitcoin is a scam/pyramid/ponzi even now. opinions are like arseholes - everybody got one. just think what you write and how you write it, it matters.
ClydeFrog

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:07:30 PM

I have to agree with Qrk haters about Qrk people. Even if your coin is doing well you guys act like some douchebags who will fart all day and inhale with a sense of self acomplishment (by you guys i mean those so vehemently agressive responses)

Reminds me of cultists like WBC

Possibly because we are tired of addressing the same stupid NOOB accusations every 2 mins. I am hoping the newbie section will keep the next wave in there for a month or two so you can learn some facts about the coins you are all to ready to shout about here.

I will state the facts about any coin. Same for the MEC haters and the WDC haters....all crying because you don't want to pay the market rate for it now.  Same for BTC haters, you don't have any, you don't want to pay for it, move on and find the next coin that will inflate .....they willl all inflate so get in there.

Are you refering to me ? (About needing to learn some facts)

Anyway, my point is that the way Qrk supporters that are so vocal like yourself are expressing in a level of maturity or intelectual capacity (whichever applies) that leaves alot to be dessired.

Be less aggressive, be nicer.
Meebo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:12:08 PM

People are getting annoyed answering the same stupid questions over and over and over. Noobs need to be taught to use the search function instead of spamming the same mad questions and shouting scam at everything they don't understand or missed out on for arriving late.

This.

There are at least 3-4 new threads a day that try to show Quark in bad light without any real or reasonable arguments nor facts. It is getting old Smiley

All the questions about distribution and mining of the Quark have been answered thousands of times. Besides, when you have to read next "Quark is a devil" thread that raises questions that were answered in previous threads with the same name, it takes away the willpower to be courteous.

Just some facts again:

* It was mined in 6 months
* It is well distributed (go check blockchain audit thread in Quark forum)
* It has better speed and security that most other coins
* It has support of Bill and Kreiser
* It goes to China's market 13th

Just read about Quark before you make these silly threads. Please!

Edit side-note: Average Quark defender is actually quite polite compared to acusators.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:27:45 PM

I have to agree with Qrk haters about Qrk people. Even if your coin is doing well you guys act like some douchebags who will fart all day and inhale with a sense of self acomplishment (by you guys i mean those so vehemently agressive responses)

Reminds me of cultists like WBC

Possibly because we are tired of addressing the same stupid NOOB accusations every 2 mins. I am hoping the newbie section will keep the next wave in there for a month or two so you can learn some facts about the coins you are all to ready to shout about here.

I will state the facts about any coin. Same for the MEC haters and the WDC haters....all crying because you don't want to pay the market rate for it now.  Same for BTC haters, you don't have any, you don't want to pay for it, move on and find the next coin that will inflate .....they willl all inflate so get in there.

Are you refering to me ? (About needing to learn some facts)

Anyway, my point is that the way Qrk supporters that are so vocal like yourself are expressing in a level of maturity or intelectual capacity (whichever applies) that leaves alot to be dessired.

Be less aggressive, be nicer.

I am refering to anyone that shouts the same misinformation over and over again. First find out the facts about QRK compared to other coins. Next learn fair distribution is probably nothing to do with mining and much more to do with the free market.

The board is getting riddled with the same junk spurted out over and over again.

Use logic, anyone taking time to talk down a coin has an agenda. If they are asking real questions fine, if they are shouting scam , premine, instamine etc be clear on what you mean and how relevant it actually is to your position. Use the search function, any question you could probably ever think of regarding QRK has been answered 10-50 times in the last few days.

I don't see many pump threads, it is all scam, instamine, poor distribution, i didn't get any qrk.  QRK is not over valued. If it is ,...then tell me why you think this. Compared to what other coin and why?

I am holding some QRK but like i said it is only a part of my holding, anyone smart will hold a big spread of coins right now, since there are many great coins with great communities. MEC is another labelled scam for the same reason....it has gone up past what people want to pay for it. Well too bad don't buy any, that is another coin going much higher. A few look undervalued, DGC and CGB right now, but all will rise as more investors poor in.

jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:32:16 PM

This.

There are at least 3-4 new threads a day that try to show Quark in bad light without any real or reasonable arguments nor facts. It is getting old Smiley

All the questions about distribution and mining of the Quark have been answered thousands of times. Besides, when you have to read next "Quark is a devil" thread that raises questions that were answered in previous threads with the same name, it takes away the willpower to be courteous.

Just some facts again:

Edit side-note: Average Quark defender is actually quite polite compared to acusators.

I like how you talk about facts:
Lets't talk about facts:
http://www.coindesk.com/zeroaccess-botnet-stopped-bitcoin-mining/

At one point the zeroacces bot was able to deliver around 2.85TH of hahsrate.
Due to gpu mining and asic coming to play it wasn't any real threat.

With declining incentive to mine for the average user how can the network protect himself from a 51% attack?

Lets assume a FUD scenario:
Somebody having bitcoins feels threaten by quaks , in order to safeguard his investment of 100milions he gives 10% to an underground groups who owns such a botnet.
Next step is quadrilions of quaks being minned every block , thus killing the value of the coin.

Some facts please?

Thorgrim

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 07:36:34 PM

This.

Just some facts again:

Lets't talk about facts:

With declining incentive to mine for the average user how can the network protect himself from a 51% attack?

Somebody having bitcoins feels threaten by quaks , in order to safeguard his investment of 100milions he gives 10% to an underground groups who owns such a botnet.
Next step is quadrilions of quaks being minned every block , thus killing the value of the coin.

Some facts please?

Much more likely would by a 51% attack to cripple the network. There are no coins left to mine to profit from. With no mining power to salvage the network the coin dies.

I think that is a valid concern.

jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:52:56 PM

This.

Just some facts again:

Lets't talk about facts:

Some facts please?

Much more likely would by a 51% attack to cripple the network. There are no coins left to mine to profit from. With no mining power to salvage the network the coin dies.

I made the mistake of saying "minned" , sorry i was only thinking of mining power and hashrates and got carried away mumbling those while I typed.
But there is not a term for coins created by double spending , I would assume , forged?
tubbyjr

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:58:34 PM

There's barely any real demand for this coin at the time. As OP said, only real reason price is rising is due to the Oligopoly not supplying any coins or the bare minimum. And the "media" attention they claim comes from them bribing Bill Still. Probably telling him, "Hey, we got a great plan, see how bitcoin took off, we can do the same, we'll send you X amount of QRKs, just make us look like the second coming of Christ".

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:06:20 PM

There's barely any real demand for this coin at the time. As OP said, only real reason price is rising is due to the Oligopoly not supplying any coins or the bare minimum. And the "media" attention they claim comes from them bribing Bill Still. Probably telling him, "Hey, we got a great plan, see how bitcoin took off, we can do the same, we'll send you X amount of QRKs, just make us look like the second coming of Christ".

Thanks for another noob critique that means nothing. Back to your doge coins.  

With regard the 51% attack. As with all coins.. Disruption only.

What happens the when same BTC guy gives a chunk to some scrypt asic development and 51% ltc? or any other of the older pow scrypt coins that could be 51% attacked  far easier. Why do i not see millions of threads asking this FUD scenario regarding their future and their current price.

There is whispering of pos in the works along with a lot more other features.

That is a valid question, but it will be addressed as it needs to be i'm sure. You can set up FUD for most coins really. Many coins gets attacked and broken for a time only to come back stronger. Even small coins with hardly any market interest. You can be sure QRK will come back should it need to do so.

I don't see BTC and QRK as opposition in the future. There is room for alts that differentiate themselves. Sure there are other multi algos but this has caught on and has been very fairly distributed over an extended period. It may not happen again.

jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:08:09 PM

I'm sure you mean the second thousand:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_messiah_claimants

Meebo

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:12:52 PM

Lets't talk about facts:

Some facts please?

It is impossible to mine quadrillions of Quarks if it is capped to 1mil per year from January. Huge bot-net calculating transactions would actually benefit Quark and keep the network and transfers fast.

Also, I think they are adding proof-of-stake to Quark (like many other coins) after main junk is mined.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 08:13:33 PM

Should be worth much more soon.  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

What happens the when same BTC guy gives a chunk to some scrypt asic development and 51% ltc? or any other of the older pow scrypt coins that could be 51% attacked  far easier. Why do i not see millions of threads asking this FUD scenario regarding their future and their current price.

That is a valid question, but it will be addressed as it needs to be i'm sure. You can set up FUD for most coins really. Many coins gets attacked and broken for a time only to come back stronger. Even small coins with hardly any market interest. You can be sure QRK will come back should it need to do so.

I don't see BTC and QRK as opposition in the future. There is room for alts that differentiate themselves. Sure there are other multi algos but this has caught on and has been very fairly distributed over an extended period. It may not happen again.

Based on fact again , there will be a minimum of 1 million quaks mined every year. Am I right?
Regarding bitcoin , there will be another million mined this year too.and in 2015

This makes the reward at least 4000 times smaller.
And the problem is that the cost for a botnet are (electricity 0 , hardware 0).

The mistake of cutting the reward so step after only a few months will come to haunt the quak devs, or copycats.

Meebo

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:23:02 PM

Based on fact again , there will be a minimum of 1 million quaks mined every year. Am I right?
Regarding bitcoin , there will be another million mined this year too.and in 2015

The mistake of cutting the reward so step after only a few months will come to haunt the quak devs, or copycats.

Quark was never meant as investment that people hold on to. Quark is meant to be used as real currency when it matures.

I have to agree, that there are some concerns about Quark, but they are with every coin.

In my mind, negative sides of Quark:

* Blockchain is growing very fast (problem with every fast transaction coin) - All coins are thinking of ways to fix it and it will be done before this becomes a problem (probably some kind of blockchain checkpoints)
* Period where Quark mining gets very difficult, but price is not very high to promote mining yet - time will tell what happens. This is main issue (but again, this will happen to all coins eventually. Quark just tries to get over this hump as early as possible).

Other than these 2, Quark is golden.
jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:27:11 PM

Quark was never meant as investment that people hold on to. Quark is meant to be used as real currency when it matures.

I have to agree, that there are some concerns about Quark, but they are with every coin.

In my mind, negative sides of Quark:

* Blockchain is growing very fast (problem with every fast transaction coin) - All coins are thinking of ways to fix it and it will be done before this becomes a problem (probably some kind of blockchain checkpoints)
* Period where Quark mining gets very difficult, but price is not very high to promote mining yet - time will tell what happens. This is main issue (but again, this will happen to all coins eventually. Quark just tries to get over this hump as early as possible).

Other than these 2, Quark is golden.

Nope , this is not a problem related to fast coins.
The blockchain grows if the blocks are full of transactions.
You can see that even at a rate of two per minute , the blockchain grows just by 10 kb/10 minutes opposed to bitcoin who is doing around 300kb in the same time.

It's the number of transactions that bloat the blockchain not the speed of the blocks so quak is at no disadvantage here.
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:28:17 PM

Botnet botnet, let me know when you find someone that operates one of any size worth talking about. These earn millions of dollars per month, you think they will mess around trying to 51% QRK. The pos would solve this anyway.

Botnet is one of those words everyone says now but in reality nobody has one at their disposal.

The mistake actually will turn out not to be a mistake. You are hung up on mining because you don't get market distribution. It causes mass dumping on to the market so people could buy for less than electricity to mine it. It also offered it to people who did not know how to mine or did not want to mine and ruin their laptop or pc.  As i say people will never mass dump coins again after this...especially ones that have huge instamine appeal. QRK will be the last of the instamine coins that get dumped to nothing. There are too many buyers now and the lesson has been learned. Instamining in this case helped the fair distribution of qrk.

Say what you want about it , come back next year and see what has happened with it. My guess is that now it has reaches fair market value it will rise inline with other coins if not faster due to all the attention it is getting.

I like dgc and cgb more, but QRK is not over valued and will continue to rise strongly. Those other two have not risen as fast as they should have done. If you missed stablecoin you missed another rocket like QRK, but you can't win them all.  Stop wasting time and get mining and trading else you will always be here moaning and groaning rather than enjoying being early in one of the most exciting things in years.  You missed the very start as i did, but we are still in before 99.99% of the population.

Meebo

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:29:19 PM

Nope , this is not a problem related to fast coins.
The blockchain grows if the blocks are full of transactions.
You can see that even at a rate of two per minute , the blockchain grows just by 10 kb/10 minutes opposed to bitcoin who is doing around 300kb in the same time.

It's the number of transactions that bloat the blockchain not the speed of the blocks so quak is at no disadvantage here.

Sorry, I meant fast as in "fast trading" not fast transaction times. Quark volumes are huge... my bad.
jones31

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:34:44 PM

Botnet botnet, let me know when you find someone that operates one of any size worth talking about. These earn millions of dollars per month, you think they will mess around trying to 51% QRK. The pos would solve this anyway.

Botnet is one of those words everyone says now but in reality nobody has one at their disposal.

The mistake actually will turn out not to be a mistake. You are hung up on mining because you don't get market distribution. It causes mass dumping on to the market so people could buy for less than electricity to mine it. It also offered it to people who did not know how to mine or did not want to mine and ruin their laptop or pc.  As i say people will never mass dump coins again after this...especially ones that have huge instamine appeal. QRK will be the last of the instamine coins that get dumped to nothing. There are too many buyers now and the lesson has been learned. Instamining in this case helped the fair distribution of qrk.

Say what you want about it , come back next year and see what has happened with it. My guess is that now it has reaches fair market value it will rise inline with other coins if not faster due to all the attention it is getting.

I like dgc and cgb more, but QRK is not over valued and will continue to rise strongly. Those other two have not risen as fast as they should have done. If you missed stablecoin you missed another rocket like QRK, but you can't win them all.  Stop wasting time and get mining and trading else you will always be here moaning and groaning rather than enjoying being early in one of the most exciting things in years.  You missed the very start as i did, but we are still in before 99.99% of the population.

This is why I don't get along with some hot blooded supporters.
You, just like so many people in bitcoin , litecoin or whatevercoin think that price is a measure of success.
You don't see the true potential in crytos beyond market speculation and instant gain.

This is the difference that I'm talking about , and at least BTC has some poeple and actual devs (no copypaste kids) that think beyond price for the future.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: