Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Digital Currency Take Over  (Read 3050 times)
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:45:24 AM

I think it needs another 10 years before most of the population transitioned to digital currencies. If only people are not poisoned by the banks or media FUD then it could only just take 2-4 years to take over.
10 years and I am sure some people will still prefer or probably may not be knowledgeable enough to accept digital age and I feel it would take more than a decade to see this happen either a centralized way or decentralized way as the case may be.

People are beginning to see anyway how the banks have so much placed us all in a form of bondage when it comes to spending and I believe that is one thing the digital age has come to sort out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nshiron

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:15:56 AM

Digital Currency Take Over Smiley
evilsign

Activity: 280
Merit: 60

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:43:36 AM

As we can see now everyone/every developed nation is moving towards digital currency. In your opinion how much time is required for digital currency to take over the current/existing market or it is impossible that digitisation will never be successful. If yes what are those factors ? In my opinion those countries which are not accepting digital currency, are doing wrong. They are only thinking about the tax. They are saying that we will not get any tax and digital currencies are fake. Fraud is very easy in digital world (that is true but it also happen in every market). Although when someone is doing business in digital currency then that person is bringing money to country that is beneficial for the country...
hahaha, I think you have a point too. Countries that do not legalize digital currencies actually make a mistake. But I do not think they didn't mean banning but it takes time to learn about the world of digital money. I think about 5- 10 years is actually enough, given the bitcoin if from 2010 to 2015 is already very rapid growth. Probably 2020 - 2025 will already be completely adopted bulk about 80 per cent more. But this is only my personal estimate, hopefully, there is doing research and provide more accurate data. Let's wait and see.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:12:24 PM

The technology is new and challenging for government official to understand. Even when they understand, it will take bold leaders to act.

There is much acceptance of digitization all around the world. In everywhere, there are leaders and followers. Let the leaders take the bold steps and everyone will follow.
Government officials do not need to know about everything the good thing is they can hire experts to tell them why this technology is good, but that is not what they do government officials listen to the banks and they tell them that bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are bad for the economy of the world and that is why many governments seem to have a strong stance against bitcoin.
kwarto

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:36:33 PM

i dont think it can take over fiat currency! the system has a lot to do before consider to a replacement of current currency. moveover, cryptocurrency volatilty makes it imposible to society to use this in their daily needs.

maybe it could be done! but not this moment. it still lot of issues to fix and a lot of discussion be put into table before seing this to happen.
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

The advent of technology has led to a tremendous push for digital currencies. Cryptocurrencies in all its forms have been the rave of the moment. Most businesses are already accepting bitcoin as a means of payment. But there is still a lot of hurdles left for the digital currencies before it can gain further adoptions. And also it can never take out fiat, NEVER.
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:21:56 AM

I will not say that digital currency has taken over the normal regular currencies yet. However, there is no way that we can doubt this thing that the digital currencies are taking lead over the regular currencies in so many ways and that now the interest of the people is greatly changing in a way they are more interested in knowing about the crypto currencies and that they are also investing their money into different coins.

russ26

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:39:30 AM

As we can see now everyone/every developed nation is moving towards digital currency. In your opinion how much time is required for digital currency to take over the current/existing market or it is impossible that digitisation will never be successful. If yes what are those factors ? In my opinion those countries which are not accepting digital currency, are doing wrong. They are only thinking about the tax. They are saying that we will not get any tax and digital currencies are fake. Fraud is very easy in digital world (that is true but it also happen in every market). Although when someone is doing business in digital currency then that person is bringing money to country that is beneficial for the country...

It couldn't possibly as you though but when it becomes possible I knew and I guarantee that it will take a long long long time for crypto to take over the whole currency existing in the world. Even though technology are occuring nowadays it is hard to say that crypto could play a part of being a global currency, not even close though. Besides, government isn't still pleased to make a way for crypto to take a part of being a currency in a certain country.
Teejayyy

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:36:56 AM

Crypto will diversify our economy and hence threathing the business models of most bank. Reason why they dont wna accept it.
ICOMain.io

Activity: 59

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:33:15 AM

Unlike fiat currency, cryptocurrency cannot be debased by any government because it's not tied to any government.
I think it will make more valuable for cryptocurrency in the future.
therwtonn

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 11:17:04 AM

I think the next 2-3 years will really flourish
Cryptocurrency is prevailing in the world and more and more people are investing in bitcoin and Altcoin. Future is that of cryptocurrency and no doubt it will take over the market in the near future. Bitcoin will be the mainstream because it is the leading crypto in the world and Ethereum is after it. Other coins are far behind from BTC and ETH.
I don’t think that after 2-3 years all people will come to know about cryptocurrency. In my country many educated persons do not know even the name of cryptocurrency. That’s why I doubt that couple of years is very short time for crypto to take over the market. It will need more time and I think 10 years are enough for crypto to take over the market.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

hahaha, I think you have a point too. Countries that do not legalize digital currencies actually make a mistake. But I do not think they didn't mean banning but it takes time to learn about the world of digital money. I think about 5- 10 years is actually enough, given the bitcoin if from 2010 to 2015 is already very rapid growth. Probably 2020 - 2025 will already be completely adopted bulk about 80 per cent more. But this is only my personal estimate, hopefully, there is doing research and provide more accurate data. Let's wait and see.
Well it is very clear and obvious that time will make all clear, digital currency is now successful even though there are some countries who are not accepting but as you said almost 80% of countries do accept bitcoin, i think it is the best decision by any country to accept bitcoin, they will realize it when the time will come after 5 or maximum 7 years, it will not take too long when bitcoin will be the only currency.
Topaz72

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:45:38 PM

I will not say that digital currency has taken over the normal regular currencies yet. However, there is no way that we can doubt this thing that the digital currencies are taking lead over the regular currencies in so many ways and that now the interest of the people is greatly changing in a way they are more interested in knowing about the crypto currencies and that they are also investing their money into different coins.
For me digital currency took over already as we can see bitcoin is being use more than fiat and people are using bitcoin worldwide global currency, it is my only dream to see digital system all over the world it will be possible if we see people using digital currency only because it is more beneficial, more easier, more profitable than fiat so regular currency is getting vanished because of bitcoin gradually.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:27:00 AM

I think we need 10-20 years to make crypto acceptable in the world as a legitimate transaction tool. but when the development can be seen very quickly. maybe 5 years can be a pretty ideal distance

I agree we must first need the countries to accept digital currency as a legit payment or currency, it is true that it will take years before everyone will accept it, however this will mean that we will limit digital currencies that we are using, since everyone with the knowledge and capability canneasily make their own, we may need to control altcoins or accept only those who have working projects, since there are already a lot of deadcoins in the market, there is no guarantee that they will never stop creating such. I think by that time when the whole world accepted digital currency already, masternodes and staking might halt, but then again that is in the future and we can never tell what will happen and in worst case scenario, digital currency might not be even accepted.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:08:56 AM

It couldn't possibly as you though but when it becomes possible I knew and I guarantee that it will take a long long long time for crypto to take over the whole currency existing in the world. Even though technology are occuring nowadays it is hard to say that crypto could play a part of being a global currency, not even close though. Besides, government isn't still pleased to make a way for crypto to take a part of being a currency in a certain country.
Time is not guaranteed because till date many people do not know even the name of crypto and they will take long time to get awareness about bitcoin and keep their money in it. no doubt in the far future digital currency will take over the world market but no say how much time it will take. In my opinion it is not possible before 2040. It is a matter of money and one would never trust until he is guaranteed.
Teejayyy

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:46:25 PM

Noone can be certain for sure how long it will take but I believe its here to stay. So the sooner the better
ModGirl

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:27:01 PM

Time is not guaranteed because till date many people do not know even the name of crypto and they will take long time to get awareness about bitcoin and keep their money in it. no doubt in the far future digital currency will take over the world market but no say how much time it will take. In my opinion it is not possible before 2040. It is a matter of money and one would never trust until he is guaranteed.
Yes it will take a little time but it is going to possible soon, because now it is clear that people feel good while using bitcoin to buy goods and for shopping specially bitcoin remain at first priority now and there are a lot of reasons for it, bitcoin has fast transaction, bitcoin has profit with each good that we buy using bitcoin so I am sure coming era is gonna be age of crypto currency for sure.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1332

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 09:03:08 PM

Unlike fiat currency, cryptocurrency cannot be debased by any government because it's not tied to any government.
I think it will make more valuable for cryptocurrency in the future.
The debasement of fiat currency is the biggest problem we are facing today in the economy of the world not only this creates inflation, governments are doing everything they can to hide that information and when the full effects of the inflation are in place people are not going to trust the governments to fix the problem and that is when cryptocurrencies will be adopted massively.
annango

Activity: 361
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 06:25:13 AM

Based on the way you just said this, I’d first like to tell you that you’re very wrong. China is a country that is well versed in technology, but still they happened to ban Bitcoin and ICOs from their country. In every country there are people who loves Bitcoin and not the country as a whole.

Bitcoin is not taking over anything, it’s just here in form of an assistance, there are even countries that don’t support the idea of using Bitcoin as a payment method. Bitcoin wasn’t made to replace anything.
I completely agree with you guy. In fact, it shows clearly that most countries do not accept bitcoin any more, they even impose a ban of using bitcoin. although bitcoin is going viral, the number of people knows about bitcoin is fewer than the ones who don’t know anything about bitcoin. Bitcoin is the demand of most parts in the world but it does not admit officially in the world. Therefore bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies  do  not take over the existing market.However, in the future it’s possible if people have awareness of it.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:02:07 AM

Crypto will diversify our economy and hence threathing the business models of most bank. Reason why they dont wna accept it.
Till the time there was nothing like that of the crypto currencies in this world, then the thinking of the people towards the money was quite different but now with the introduction of the crypto currencies, things have been changed a lot and that now people have started thing differently as they liked this idea of the crypto currencies very much and that is the reason why the demand of the crypto coins is increasing this much higher.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: