Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 12:05:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people want ETH to over come BTC  (Read 6023 times)
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 01:29:28 AM

I guess the main reason someone would say that is because they hold more eth than btc, simple really.

But in the grand scale of things, there are many dissatisfied with btc itself.
As more and more adopt it, it is getting more expensive and slow and it's practical use is very questionable.
Not to mention the amount of energy worldwide required to run the blockchain itself has huge global implications.

But, the thing is, eth isn't really all that much better in that aspect.

There is also the idea of wanting to predict the next "winner".

Market wise, the best outcome for all of use is if three to four share around an equal weight as dominating coins.
More distribution is always better from the consumer side of things.

Monopolies love to screw over the normal man.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wishman93

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:38:50 AM

When cashing out i prefer Ethereum over bitcoin because of low withdrawal transaction fee. but when I'm hodling i just stack up into bitcoin until the price pump up and convert it into etherium then sell it to fiat.
paul heman

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 01:40:40 AM

because nobody wants that apart from newbie accounts like you who are bag holding it. Wink
in fact everyone knows that Ethereum is the most useless token that was ever created! people only use it to either make profit when it pumps or create ICOs and scam others.

etherum had for quite a while a much lower transaction costs than bitcoin, and bitcoin is actually without ethereumn that continued accessibility of cryptocurrencies, just a propaganda coin that is spread to annoy everyone.

whenever there is a congestion the whole ethereum network is crippled and medium cost of a transaction goes up just like bitcoin. it has reached up to $4 in the past.
besides if transaction fee is all you care about then go use literary any other altcoin, they are all with much lower fee because nobody ever uses them. or better yet go use one of those 100% free coins like NANO with always 0 fees.
with the growing interest of Ethereum enthusiasts, it would be great to make it the main coin and overcome like Bitcoin. with this development making Ethereum supporters increase their support for Ethereum to be able to come to Bitcoin.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:00:14 AM

To me it is not about overcoming Bitcoin, but about having other coins that can be as strong as BTC so that the market is not as dependent on it when "the top coin" dips / crashes or rises (of course we don't complain as much when prices are on the rise).
Also, people always want the coin(s) they are hodling to be successful, and become "the next bitcoin".
Publicatoa

Activity: 19

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:43:00 AM

Those who miss the Bitcoin want to get those crazy profits through Ethereum. Also Ethereum has reached a high market cap now and it will not be easy to pump it to the crazy level as before.
jdnthny

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

Futurov

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:50:51 AM

I think the main reason why some people preferred using ethereum rather than bitcoin is because of its affordability. We all know that bitcoin is more expensive but will gives you more earning but because of the affordability of ethereum they choose it because it can also gave them more than enough earning as well.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V   │  The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 02:53:17 AM

Why some people want the Ethereum to over come Bitcoin in the near future? Is it because they make profit from ETH or what?

It's not necessarily that people want Ethereum to overtake Bitcoin. By looking at the technology Ethereum provides, it simply just has more features than bitcoin. Don't get me wrong i love bitcoin most, but the technology that Ethereum offers is so revolutionary that it is unlike any other (at least until every other coin out there copied it).

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:01:10 AM

Why some people want the Ethereum to over come Bitcoin in the near future? Is it because they make profit from ETH or what?

It's not necessarily that people want Ethereum to overtake Bitcoin. By looking at the technology Ethereum provides, it simply just has more features than bitcoin. Don't get me wrong i love bitcoin most, but the technology that Ethereum offers is so revolutionary that it is unlike any other (at least until every other coin out there copied it).

NEO I believe is better than ETH if we just talk of passive income. It can do everything what ETH can as well its just that its a Chinese token. The users are just not attempting to make it look like its better than BTC and ETH. If it explodes just like ETH had, users will eventually claim to surpass bitcoin. In our minds we always think of what can go high and the more you do that when you hold more it in your wallet.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
gitotedjo

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:34:07 AM

Because with ETH they become faster and constant in getting profits, albeit only little by little, because the increase of ETH values ​​is consistently developed. In fact, from what I know, the ETH is still included in the control of BTC. BTC is still the leader of the speed of all the coins in the crypto. So, I think it's still difficult to expect the ETH to replace the BTC, given its very strong BTC defense.
apollo93

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 03:46:38 AM

Maybe they invested more on Ethereum. Smiley  It makes sense though, at around $700 right now. Think of the windfall an Ethereum investor would get if it overtakes Bitcoin, which is currently valued more than 13x that of ETH.
WUUEX79

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

Xch4nge.com

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:02:51 AM

Maybe in their portfolio, they only have the ETH 'the only one' (no other coins). But for me personally who has both her (BTC and ETH), I still expect bitcoin to remain as coin No. 1 in crypto market.

Ssid

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:13:14 AM

For ETH there is real use, and btc is a bubble

Bitcoin is the origin of everything. It is a bubble but that does not mean we should dishonor it. I personally think it will stay for a long time.
akonrupom

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:28:30 AM

Some People believe in BTC some people believe in ETH, it depends on person. Both are my favorite coins in the cryptocurrency market. I think people want ETH to over come BTC because a whole lot of people hold much of eth, many people can afford 1 to 10 eth because the price is still down but BTC price is high already, not many people can afford 1 BTC because the price is already high.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:34:32 AM

For ETH there is real use, and btc is a bubble

Bitcoin is the origin of everything. It is a bubble but that does not mean we should dishonor it. I personally think it will stay for a long time.
Another story of a bubble thing, this market is not a bubble its just so happen that people are trying to manipulate the market. The purpose of altcoins is to provide other things that bitcoin can't do but it doesn't mean bitcoin is bubble. ETH is a good coin, but we must understand that eth can't surpass bitcoin at least 5 years from now or more maybe. Hodlers of ETH may want to increase its value so they can make profit and dump the market again.
mh6e

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 04:47:11 AM

Those some people that you think of, do have big minds thinking that Eth can surpass bitcoin which is absurd. For me bitcoin is more trustworthy to skyrocket than Eth but we can't really predict the future so if you believe in the technology that you invested in then just let your hopes fly and hold every coin that you think will perform this year and be able to profit more.

Some people maybe just want to see how crypto currency if there is another coin that perform like bitcoin. It is good for the business or it create some sort competition. But for now its just little bit exaggerated,because so far there is none of this altcoin now that can pass bitcoin. Because bitcoin already proven trustworthy and workable investment for the future.
tokerg1554

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 05:22:48 AM

IMO ETH is useful more than BTC  Cool
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2018, 07:03:13 AM

IMO ETH is useful more than BTC  Cool

That I can agree but for the popularity its BTC. For a regular person that isn't into discussionboard like this forum, BTC is still the best investment they could ever have whcih is why its price is going up now matter what. ETH has its market too. I guess the more tokens using the ethereum network are going to make ETH more valuable and by the looks of it, it can possibly beat btc.

Biet12

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/5JpAp21.jpg

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:06:36 AM

because a lot of devotees and the price is also a fast rise in my opinion, so quickly can to the advantag

[tengah] [url = https: //codex.one]  ■ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ CODEX ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ■
■ ▬ ▬▬  PERTUKARAN MATA UANG CRYPTO DARI TOMORROW ▬▬▬ ■ [/
autotoss

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 07:22:21 AM

People who have BTC more than they have ETH does not want ETH to overcome BTC, lol. I think it is from the people who are poor. I want Ripple to overcome all things because I own it.
dongoofy

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:04:09 AM

A lot of people missed the skyrocketing of the price of the Bitcoin and for sure some of the people who wants ETH rather than BTC hopes that the same thing would happen to ETH. I myself missed it but whatever. I believe in ETH but simply because I've already invested a lot in it. Not that I prefer ETH but right now I have invested more ETH and other altcoins on my portfolio right now than BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: