Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scam List  (Read 31205 times)
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:04:43 PM

proof
noun

1. evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement.

Taking a screenshot and posting it on a fly by night WordPress site does not constitute as proof.

I and potentially a lot of shareholders in this company would love to see undisputed proof of your claims. It would really help out so if you do have something substantial please bring it forward.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:06:45 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 07:18:58 PM by Anddos

updated my last post with the thread that states there a scam
still trying to find more evidence

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 07:07:46 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 06:48:32 AM by railzand

before you 2 get your handbags out, here's a strange one http://axonlabs.net/?l=

edit 20/12/13 now has its own amusing thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378158.msg4052233#msg4052233

not as funny as amt thread, but funny

Anddos

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:40:10 PM

Anyone used

https://asic-market.com
https://terrahash.com

keepinithamsta

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:53:29 PM

I don't think you understand how proof works.  Posting to a thread that says "yes they have been confirmed as a scam" isn't proof.  I can make a thread that my shit glows in the dark and smells like mint toothpaste and then link to it but that doesn't mean it's true.

And in a completely unrelated note, I can visit AMT if they ever have a working prototype of their own tech that they are willing to show off.
Anddos

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:18:15 PM

No but gathering as much informations from threads adds up to a decison they are a scam,i am in the process of getting the evidence so barewith me.

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:38:54 PM

I don't think you understand how proof works.  Posting to a thread that says "yes they have been confirmed as a scam" isn't proof.  I can make a thread that my shit glows in the dark and smells like mint toothpaste and then link to it but that doesn't mean it's true.

And in a completely unrelated note, I can visit AMT if they ever have a working prototype of their own tech that they are willing to show off.

AMT has started to deliver.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304605.msg4003058#msg4003058
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:56:07 PM

You have to set the definition very clearly in the first post or else this is going to be pages of debating non-scams.

It doesn't matter what it is, but it can't be left to interpretation - it can't be anything about unknowable things like intent.

It has to be something objective like there are people who can prove that their money was taken and there are no people who can prove anything was delivered.

I think there are plenty of poorly run businesses all over here which are their own worst enemy, but are not scams.

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:32:02 AM

You have to set the definition very clearly in the first post or else this is going to be pages of debating non-scams.

It doesn't matter what it is, but it can't be left to interpretation - it can't be anything about unknowable things like intent.

It has to be something objective like there are people who can prove that their money was taken and there are no people who can prove anything was delivered.

I think there are plenty of poorly run businesses all over here which are their own worst enemy, but are not scams.

Agreed.

railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:19:36 AM

Here's another thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=342853.0 with its own accusations, shills etc. re https://kotaklabs.com/

descarte

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:10:54 AM

one more possible scam

http://axonlabs.net/

3TH at 10k. Pretty good technology.
thejaxx

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:23:54 AM

No but gathering as much informations from threads adds up to a decison they are a scam,i am in the process of getting the evidence so barewith me.

So you don't have evidence, but because YOU have decided they're a scam, that's all the proof we need?

You need to learn how to layout the evidence before declaring a scam. Might want to look up the definition of the words libel and slander.

Oh, and another thing, there, their, they're all mean different things.
Septimus

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:47:01 PM

VirtualMiningCorp street address leads directly to 'Springfield Fight Club.' Calling the available number results in an answering machine that sounds pretty legit however. I did not pursue contacting a support rep as it's easy to set up an answering machine and lie over the phone. Whether this points to a scam or not is questionable, but the fact the address points to a fitness club is highly suspicious.
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:00:58 PM

VirtualMiningCorp street address leads directly to 'Springfield Fight Club.' Calling the available number results in an answering machine that sounds pretty legit however. I did not pursue contacting a support rep as it's easy to set up an answering machine and lie over the phone. Whether this points to a scam or not is questionable, but the fact the address points to a fitness club is highly suspicious.

This was probably the business that was in that building prior to VMC, has been discussed 6 months ago (You are a little late to the game) and people have visited to verify.
Septimus

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:33:56 PM

This was probably the business that was in that building prior to VMC, has been discussed 6 months ago (You are a little late to the game) and people have visited to verify.
Forgive me for being new to the forums; I'm not married to it like some people. Simply trying to help the discussion, and stop the neanderthal-like assault on skeptics.

Just seems suspicious is all. After checking over the VMC topic, it seems you are quick to defend VMC. Sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me. That immediately makes me suspicious of you as well. Anyone can lie on the net, and until I see physical proof of work/claims, along with some legitimate customer feedback, I shall not believe.
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

Forgive me for being new to the forums; I'm not married to it like some people. Simply trying to help the discussion, and stop the neanderthal-like assault on skeptics.

Just seems suspicious is all. After checking over the VMC topic, it seems you are quick to defend VMC. Sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me. That immediately makes me suspicious of you as well. Anyone can lie on the net, and until I see physical proof of work/claims, along with some legitimate customer feedback, I shall not believe.

Please don't be so defensive. There's no need to be rude.

I'm not asking you to believe, this is a scam list thread and it is obviously not a scam (yet). It just seems like a little research would go a long way. All of the preliminary "Googling" has already been done just go find it. Hell there are even pictures of the building.

As far as "physical proof of merchandise" well we're all waiting for that. KnC didn't have "Proof" until the very end of the 6 month wait basically and turns out they were the most legit company of all.

Either way relax buddy.
Septimus

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:51:39 PM

Please don't be so defensive. There's no need to be rude.

I'm not asking you to believe, this is a scam list thread and it is obviously not a scam (yet). It just seems like a little research would go a long way. All of the preliminary "Googling" has already been done just go find it. Hell there are even pictures of the building.

As far as "physical proof of merchandise" well we're all waiting for that. KnC didn't have "Proof" until the very end of the 6 month wait basically and turns out they were the most legit company of all.

Either way relax buddy.

Rudeness is a matter of perspective.

A little research is exactly what I did, and apparently that has already been done...so no need to continue the discussion. I'm a doubting Thomas when it comes to all these new claims coming out that seem much too good to be true. VMC is one of those claims.
Zooey

Activity: 241

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:42:08 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TerraHash+reputation

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=asic-market.com+reputation

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 06:56:22 PM

After checking over the VMC topic, it seems you are quick to defend VMC. Sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me. That immediately makes me suspicious of you as well. Anyone can lie on the net, and until I see physical proof of work/claims, along with some legitimate customer feedback, I shall not believe.
VMC is paying people with promises of discounts and early delivery for defending them, not to mention the large number of "share holders" who have a direct interest in propping up perception of its legitimacy (and I suppose potential shareholders who believe its legit but want other people to not believe it's legit). Makes the subject very hard to discuss.

From what I've seen there is a fair amount of relatively concrete evidence that supports concern (including the offer for discounts to shill) and at this point people who jump on people pointing to the evidence ... uh. don't look very good.
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:38:06 PM

After checking over the VMC topic, it seems you are quick to defend VMC. Sounds a lot like wishful thinking to me. That immediately makes me suspicious of you as well. Anyone can lie on the net, and until I see physical proof of work/claims, along with some legitimate customer feedback, I shall not believe.
VMC is paying people with promises of discounts and early delivery for defending them, not to mention the large number of "share holders" who have a direct interest in propping up perception of its legitimacy (and I suppose potential shareholders who believe its legit but want other people to not believe it's legit). Makes the subject very hard to discuss.

From what I've seen there is a fair amount of relatively concrete evidence that supports concern (including the offer for discounts to shill) and at this point people who jump on people pointing to the evidence ... uh. don't look very good.

I would be extremely interested in any evidence you have of "VMC is paying people with promises of discounts and early delivery for defending them".

I'm fairly good at keeping up with ActM and not once have I seen this take place.

You also mention "at this point people who jump on people pointing to the evidence". Again I would be very interested in your evidence as it would help all of the shareholders out.

I'm not defending ActM from ACTUAL facts/evidence. If there is any please bring it forward. Right now it seems to be people bringing up old issues that have already been corrected and also a lot of opinions which contrary to popular belief on this forum are not facts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: