Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 09:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First annual crypto-currency awards! Featuring host 'Baroness' Yurizhai Krayt~!  (Read 4720 times)
Yurizhai (OP)

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:44:52 PM

I appreciate this thread  Grin

Wink
stongamuse

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:14:17 PM

I LIKE IT
illdeletethis

Activity: 59

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:51:21 PM

would protoshares count as an innovative altcoin?
spud3861

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:02:24 PM

Very good. Thank you for taking the time to compile it.

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:11:07 PM

This very entertaining, add more category next year and giveaway for guests.
Congrats to all doge wowwide
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:06:32 AM

This very entertaining, add more category next year and giveaway for guests.
Congrats to all doge wowwide

Next year the awards will be a week long event with 1-2 categories released each day.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:20:37 PM

It always becomes a debate about Peercoin, doesn't it?

Peercoin has come a long way in the last year, a lot of these arguments against it are outdated now. Peercoin is a lot more secure than it was a year ago. The only reason Peercoin is less secure than Bitcoin now is because it's market cap is smaller, but the higher Peercoin's market cap, and the longer it survives, the more secure it will get. On the flip side Bitcoin will become less and less decentralized and less and less secure because all it's security rests on the miners and energy. Peercoin has a lot of potential.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
t3a

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:34:06 PM

The only reason Peercoin is less secure than Bitcoin now is because it's market cap is smaller
Name one person in the thread who said that

but the higher Peercoin's market cap, and the longer it survives, the more secure it will get.
Not really. The cost of a PoS attack will remain very high until the end of time.

On the flip side Bitcoin will become less and less decentralized and less and less secure because all it's security rests on the miners and energy. Peercoin has a lot of potential.
Having it rest on miners and energy is good because the miners actually have to use a resource, there is a cost unlike PoS 51% attack.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
sn3aks

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:19:16 PM

hmm looks like some one owns a ton of peer coin and is mad quark coin is about to pass it in market cap. Roll Eyes
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:30:26 PM

I agree with pretty much everything in this crypto awards. Maybe a better styling in the op should've made it a little more enjoyable to read.  Tongue
In any case i think the nominees and winners reflect the average person views on the crypto-currency world right now.

Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:12:20 AM

hmm looks like some one owns a ton of peer coin and is mad quark coin is about to pass it in market cap. Roll Eyes

Market cap is fun and everything, and it's a very real possibility that QRK could overtake PPC in market cap soon. However PPC has the advantage of being around and known for longer than two seconds. This will lead to some pretty nice wins in 2014 and I think in the end QRK won't stand a chance. I'm more interested in long term prospects, not flavor of the month pumps.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:39:14 AM

Market cap is fun and everything, and it's a very real possibility that QRK could overtake PPC in market cap soon. However PPC has the advantage of being around and known for longer than two seconds. This will lead to some pretty nice wins in 2014 and I think in the end QRK won't stand a chance. I'm more interested in long term prospects, not flavor of the month pumps.

Who cares what you're interested in, and your crystal ball is upside down, PPC is a GREAT coin and i hold a lot. However QRK is a GREAT coin and this will not go away.

Your crypto awards mean nothing, it is only your opinion which means nothing. Why would people listed to you over MAX or BILL and a lot of people that have been here a lot longer than you. Oh yeah they are shills and know nothing and you have infinite wisdom. LOL

Qrk will continue to rise as will PPC that much is obvious. To be honest more people ask about QRK than PPC right now, and it is trending much higher. People have invested a lot into QRK you think they are going to throw it all away because you say it is a pump and dump. Do you have the btc to pump QRK at that volume?  I know most people have bought and will hold now expecting big gains, that in itself ensures big gains. These are not day traders these are people investing for longer term.

First annual crypto crybaby award to Baroness yurizhai  - i guarantee you have no QRK but have some LTC and PPC.

LTC and PPC will not increase like QRK that is my crystal ball for you. Let's wait and see who is correct in 1 years time. PPC has less distribution than QRK and has been on the market WAY WAY longer.

ltc and ppc are good investments but not guaranteed either.

t3a

Activity: 179

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:45:40 AM

Who cares what you're interested in, and your crystal ball is upside down, PPC is a GREAT coin and i hold a lot. However QRK is a GREAT coin and this will not go away.

Your crypto awards mean nothing, it is only your opinion which means nothing. Why would people listed to you over MAX or BILL and a lot of people that have been here a lot longer than you. Oh yeah they are shills and know nothing and you have infinite wisdom. LOL

Qrk will continue to rise as will PPC that much is obvious. To be honest more people ask about QRK than PPC right now, and it is trending much higher. People have invested a lot into QRK you think they are going to throw it all away because you say it is a pump and dump. Do you have the btc to pump QRK at that volume?  I know most people have bought and will hold now expecting big gains, that in itself ensures big gains. These are not day traders these are people investing for longer term.

First annual crypto crybaby award to Baroness yurizhai  - i guarantee you have no QRK but have some LTC and PPC.

LTC and PPC will not increase like QRK that is my crystal ball for you. Let's wait and see who is correct in 1 years time. PPC has less distribution than QRK and has been on the market WAY WAY longer.

Quark is an obvious scamcoin. There isn't an advantage to using 6 different hashing algorithms, it is just what they had to throw together to make it unique. Please don't try that circular logic "Quark will become popular because it's popular". Actually go ahead, when the creator dump it's going to be a fun to watch.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:48:24 AM

Quark is an obvious scamcoin. There isn't an advantage to using 6 different hashing algorithms, it is just what they had to throw together to make it unique. Please don't try that circular logic "Quark will become popular because it's popular". Actually go ahead, when the creator dump it's going to be a fun to watch.

LOL just obvious to you and every other person that missed out on QRK.  The market does not seem to find it obvious at all.

The creator does not hold most of the coins, that is only the story you tell yourself and others to feel better. It is a well distributed coin compared to many others.

Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:51:56 AM

Wait. Hold. THE. PHONE. You mean this award list was mostly intended as a tongue in cheek joke? You mean this obviously holds no real weight and was just for fun? Holy shit everyone! Cryptohunter is an absolute GENIUS.

However QRK is a GREAT coin and this will not go away.

Please objectively explain to me how QRK is  a GREAT coin.

By the way, I DO hold QRK. That doesn't mean I won't dump it at a moment's notice because I don't trust it and it also doesn't mean I'll pretend it's awesome.

And do you actually know how distributed it is? Or are you just parroting the little myth buster page?
cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:03:22 AM

Wait. Hold. THE. PHONE. You mean this award list was mostly intended as a tongue in cheek joke? You mean this obviously holds no real weight and was just for fun? Holy shit everyone! Cryptohunter is an absolute GENIUS.

However QRK is a GREAT coin and this will not go away.

Please objectively explain to me how QRK is  a GREAT coin.

By the way, I DO hold QRK. That doesn't mean I won't dump it at a moment's notice because I don't trust it and it also doesn't mean I'll pretend it's awesome.

And do you actually know how distributed it is? Or are you just parroting the little myth buster page?

Okay you're joking and you think QRK is great and not a scam coin. Thanks that's cleared that up.

Objectively tell me how LTC is a greater coin that QRK. Then tell me how BTC is a greater coin than LTC. Why is LTC in theory better than the 100 shitclones of it?  It is not better it is the same code. The important part is the distribution and by that i don't mean the mining only. Miners instamined QRK and dumped so much the price was stuck at 200 -37 for months. THESE ARE FACTS YOU CAN'T DENY. The market ignored it then, the market wants it now.

So long as the coin is reliable and does its job, then the actual tech of the coin is not so important. ALthough in future who is to say multi algo is not an advantage? who is to say scrypt or prime is better or worse than sha256?

I'm parroting the same blockchain output that was compared to the outputs from the coins you rate so highly. NOTICE THE TOP 100 PPC WALLETS HOLD A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF PPC THAN THE TOP 100 QRK WALLETS.  Also watching the volume and rate of exchange on cryptsy seeing 500k lots of it dumped into the market at 11000 when it had been 29000 before tells me the market is doing its job well with QRK, it has shaken a lot of whales out. It is actually better to have a huge spike and then semi crash, than a steady rise because whales don't dump on steady rises.

You many hold a little QRK, but you obviously hold a lot more PPC and LTC in terms of overall value. You are like everyone else, just talking up the coins you have most of and down the coins you don't. The market is not watching your awards thread so it does not really matter. However your tongue in cheek awards could stumble people thinking of investing in crypto.

You have no clue what will go up and down anymore than anyone else does. QRK could rise way way faster and stay there above PPC and even LTC you have no crystal ball.

PPC and LTC have a lot of critics too. I like them both and hold both but would not like to say they have a better future than QRK. Try to keep your portfolio more balanced and then you will not have to come across as such a shill yourself.

duuuuude

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:04:12 AM

its actually very easy check out any forum for hte past six month and you will see how much quark was mined by everyone and how long it was out on the market, no premine, and by your definition every coin in the world is a scam coin.   But i like all the hate quark getting, it shows how big its getting, they used to hate Litecoin prime and others the same way. and they went no where if anything they only got bigger.  Why cant you say you just dont like or understand quark, instead of being all quick to say scam, i could atleast respect your opinion.

J
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:33:02 AM

Okay you're joking and you think QRK is great and not a scam coin. Thanks that's cleared that up.

No I really really don't think it's great. It's got a nice market cap. It's logo is pretty sweet. Umm that's it.
Objectively tell me how LTC is a greater coin that QRK. Then tell me how BTC is a greater coin than LTC. Why is LTC in theory better than the 100 shitclones of it?  It is not better it is the same code. The important part is the distribution and by that i don't mean the mining only. Miners instamined QRK and dumped so much the price was stuck at 200 -37 for months. THESE ARE FACTS YOU CAN'T DENY. The market ignored it then, the market wants it now.

BTC is great because it's the reason why we're all here and every win it gains is a win for crypto in general. LTC because of the same thing, but for alt coins specifically. LTC is the leading converter of Bitcoin purists.

So long as the coin is reliable and does its job, then the actual tech of the coin is not so important. ALthough in future who is to say multi algo is not an advantage? who is to say scrypt or prime is better or worse than sha256?

Oh I get it. If any coin does even the slightest thing different that makes it a GREAT coin because no one knows the future!

Your standards are pretty low. Explain to me the benefits of multi algo right here and now, not some potential future.

I'm parroting the same blockchain output that was compared to the outputs from the coins you rate so highly. NOTICE THE TOP 100 PPC WALLETS HOLD A HIGHER PERCENTAGE OF PPC THAN THE TOP 100 QRK WALLETS.  Also watching the volume and rate of exchange on cryptsy seeing 500k lots of it dumped into the market tells me the market is doing its job well with QRK.

I have more faith that the wallets in the top 100 for PPC are different people as opposed to Quark. Of course this can't be proven in either case.

You many hold a little QRK, but you obviously hold a lot more PPC and LTC in terms of overall value. You are like everyone else, just talking up the coins you have most of and down the coins you don't. The market is not watching your awards thread so it does not really matter. However your tongue in cheek awards could stumble people thinking of investing in crypto.

No I don't do that. You're an absolute QRK butt buddy pretending to love all coins. If I was all about talking about coins I hold you'd see me talking about Stablecoin, Securecoin, and Grandcoin. I hold a significant amount of those, and I've never even mentioned them. NEVER. Not in this thread or any other thread.

You have no clue what will go up and down anymore than anyone else does. QRK could rise way way faster and stay there above PPC and even LTC you have no crystal ball.

Never said I did. Yawn. BBQcoin could overtake Bitcoin too.

PPC and LTC have a lot of critics too. I like them both and hold both but would not like to say they have a better future than QRK. Try to keep your portfolio more balanced and then you will not have to come across as such a shill yourself.

No one  is coming off as a shill more than you. You sound so desperate to protect QRK it's actually ridiculous. It's not getting shit on more anything other than Ripple for no reason, but you pretend that it is.

cryptohunter
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:59:28 AM

I only need to say one thing - THE ONLY PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT QRK AND CALLING IT SCAM-  DON'T HAVE QRK OR HAVE NEARLY ZERO QRK. THIS IS OBVIOUS , NOTHING YOU CAN SAY CAN DENY THAT.

Their motivation for crying scam is obvious... Jealousy and remorse for mining other coins and investing in coins that are not less technically perhaps but simply have not taken off like QRK.

what will you say in 1 year if quark is bigger than it is now? bigger than PPC and LTC?Huh? in 5 years in 10 years Huh you will admit you were wrong and explain to those you told Qrk was a scam why they have missed out on a great opportunity.

Multi algo has already stopped this being a coin for wealthy asic owners only already. Who knows how much of an advantage it will become in the future. You tell me exactly why is not an advantage to have coins based on different algos?? is it a bad thing, tell prime coin sunny king he has wasted his time, what about scrypt ? waste of time should have just kept with sha256? no advantages possible? different algos not worth looking at because you say so?

Things have to have an advantage right now and not a potential advantage in the future or they should not exist?? why??  If sha256 turned out not to  be as secure as we all thought then perhaps having other algos would be a great advantage.

Again wrong about me only loving QRK, yes it is one of my favs for the future, i am not alone the market shows its a fav for a LOT of people, far more than don't appreciate it. You are the very loud minority as the market shows.  

Why did you not buy QRK at 37, 237 1037 10037 20037 ....wait you may still be able to .....do yourself a favour buy some, not just the 1 or 2 you have now, buy 50k 100k of them and diversify so you don't have to sit there moaning and crying louder and louder as it marches toward 100000 or 1000000.

QRK is not getting shit on at all by anyone that matters, hence the rising price and desirability. I am just trying to help you look less foolish next year when your scam coin award from the previous year went on to be one of the greatest investments of all time.

You have no clue what will happen at all, no more than anyone else. However how you can call quark a scam when the free market at such high volume is demanding qrk. Is everyone except you just totally stupid?  you are the only smart person around?  you and all the other butthurt noobs that missed out on QRK?  everyone else should just listen to you right? the free market needs to get into grandcoin and dogecoin or whatever you say?

Sorry i can agree ppc and ltc are great coins but i will not agree qrk is less great or a scam. You have provided ZERO evidence for it being a scam. You are trying to say your awards were just a joke but i can see you bashing qrk everywhere. I am just going to keep on pushing you back with the facts.  

Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:09:32 AM

My word.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: