Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 06:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ** The REAL Reason Quark is the MOST Popular Coin now & Why it's Under Attack **  (Read 4384 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:39:04 PM

There is a new interview with the creator. I'll post it here for people who have not seen it yet.

http://www.quarkcoin.cc/2013/12/17/an-interview-with-quarks-creator/

"A coin called SifCoin, released on the Russian forums, caught my attention because it used six different algorithms for hashing instead of one. All coins up to that stage (that I am aware of) used only one hashing algorithm. The obvious advantage of having multiple hashing algorithms on top of each other is to make the hash as a whole more secure. If one of the hashes is ever broken, there are five more to break. I modified this approach to interweave an additional three rounds of hashing for a total of nine rounds of hashing. These three rounds use a random hashing algorithm, making it even more difficult to break. Sifcoin used an approach where block reward increases over time, making for a very inflationary money supply. I instead attempted an approach where the coin supply would stay relatively stable over time. This is achieved in two ways, firstly by producing the coins in a relatively short period of six months, instead of years as is the case with Bitcoin, and secondly to have a constant yearly coin production of around a million coins per year.

The yearly million coin production has two purposes, the main purpose being to keep the network secure by permanently rewarding miners, and secondly to make up for coins lost through lost wallets, making for a relatively constant money supply.One economic definition of inflation is an increase in money supply. By that definition, other coins still have high inflation rates, as many new coins are still mined, while Quark is almost at the stage where the one million coins will produce around 0.5% inflation for the first year. Ever since its release Quark had good community support from various fantastic members who ran forums, developed a GPU miner and provided other services.

KJ: One of the most persistent and cliched criticisms coming from Quark-naysayers, is the accusation that ”Quark has been pre-mined.” Could you elaborate on why this statement is false, and if it’s not false, then could you explain how this is a non-issue?

MG: Generally the term “pre-mine” in the alt-coin community refers to mining a coin before releasing it to the public, or where a coin has a special block in the beginning (usually block 1) that gives a large reward to the developer. Neither of these apply to Quark. Quark was released on bitcointalk, the most active alt-coin community on the web, with only the genesis block mined. During this period on the alt-coin forum, many new coins were released, sometimes multiple coins a day." .....

Sounds solid to me, and this is also part of the reason it's being attacked so much. Quark is going to make some people very rich, because it works well, and it's secure and it can compete alongside the giants.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:28:22 PM

All coins up to that stage (that I am aware of) used only one hashing algorithm. The obvious advantage of having multiple hashing algorithms on top of each other is to make the hash as a whole more secure. If one of the hashes is ever broken, there are five more to break.

Doesn't Quark use sha2 for transaction IDs? If so, doesn't that mean if sha2 which bitcoin uses is broken, then the hash quark uses for transactions will be broken as well?

Advertise here for 10btc/day
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:48:51 AM

If you want to support Bill Still so much you might as well donate him some bitcoin instead of buying scamcoins that he is affiliated with.
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:03:23 AM

If you want to support Bill Still so much you might as well donate him some bitcoin instead of buying scamcoins that he is affiliated with.

Quarks are not a scamcoin, but thanks for bumping my post.  Wink

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:09:05 AM

Its so funny to see Quark haters. Quark has now been more widely distributed than any other alt.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Iter

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:11:00 AM

Laughed so hard.

VTC > LTC
BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:12:10 AM

Quark is not under attack, Doge is.
Doge should die already.

- aka The "DigiMan"
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:22:53 AM

Doge should die already.

don't worry it will surpass quark this next year.

both good coins, i see quark being taken more seriously though. Doge and quark will be way above where they are now in terms of price.

Doge can still suffer from large miners dumping so will see bigger waves. Hold both , since they have way more chance than most.

BitcoinTate

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:23:36 AM

Doge should die already.

don't worry it will surpass quark this next year.
Is that before or after hell freezes over?

- aka The "DigiMan"
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:34:01 AM

Somebody is seeing a 40% price collapse and start a thread trying to pump once again the scamcoin.
Quark is history , there are new and far more attractive coins coming to the market.
Stop being so butthurt.

Your a fool. Why not get a job working for the Fed?
Because you already do?

The #1 way to keep us down, is to keep us fighting amongst each other.

How could it happen, that the solution to the Federal Reserve system would be adopted by people who wear makeup and masks, work for corporations that rape and pillage, and even finance and sponsor wars amongst themselves?

Only by design, and working through the stupidity of the masses.

You realize that by attacking the ones that don't share you're view on something you're fighting against freedom of speech yourself?
Also , since you come up with "working for the feds" paranoia and watching you're brown ignore button , I can rest assured nobody will take you seriously.

all the quark shills do this when you speak a little sense

makes me think they are all the same person haha

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 04:37:41 AM

OP is a retard.

I don't even know what the fed or nwo has anything to do with people bashing QRK, people bash it because it was pre-mined thats the only and simplest reason I don't know what you're trying to hype there.

17 posts wow , and you think Quark was "pre mined" how about Quark can't be controlled is that the truth ?

Ask anyone with more than your 17 replys if Quark was "pre mined" . Ha ha .

spinning words like usual,

QRK was infact NOT premined. However, it was instamined for the past 6 months with outrageously huge MEGABLOCKS. After the first 6 months are up the mining reward is dropped insanely low. This, says the shills, is by design for some bs reasons that I cant really remember. I'm sure digitalshill will correct me and tell me exactly why. Or get one of his sock puppet accounts to do it.

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
Bigeyeone

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:42:36 AM

I know why the mining community dont like quark, because there is not much to mine anymore after 6 months

PMC: 19dNRVPcjsESqo8isdauc1gQ6PbUrAZor9
abstractednerve

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:45:36 AM

I know why the mining community dont like quark, because there is not much to mine anymore after 6 months

Why would miners want to secure the blockchain if its already been stripmined?

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 04:55:47 AM

From an economical supply point of view getting a large number of units out pretty quick and then changing to 0,5 % annual supply inflation is a good idea, much less supply inflation after 6 months then all the other coins.

However it might all fall apart when the hash rate drops after 6 months because miners not making enough money mining quark to pay for electricity, (unless the price of quark jumps high enough ofcourse.)

Either the devs made a serious mistake IMHO, or this is just an instamine scheme on purpose.

burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:24:32 AM

From an economical supply point of view getting a large number of units out pretty quick and then changing to 0,5 % annual supply inflation is a good idea, much less supply inflation after 6 months then all the other coins.

However it might all fall apart when the hash rate drops after 6 months because miners not making enough money mining quark to pay for electricity, (unless the price of quark jumps high enough ofcourse.)

Either the devs made a serious mistake IMHO, or this is just an instamine scheme on purpose.
I still have faith in the little qrk. bets are it drops for a bit, but now its distribution is wide and when it drops people will forget they have it and others will think that the people that forgot about it are holding, its a coin that can be spent so it has value, if others are holding you will probably get the idea it is being held cause they deem it to be valuable, although in the most part those holding do not want to waste their time trading it, meanwhile believers continue to promote it, get merchants to accept it, etc. etc.
IMO qrk is here to stay, maybe it is the bronze beneath ltc, but it is not going anywhere, it has asserted its place among other crypto's with a likeness to ... lets say yahoo among email providers, I will throw some hashes at it when it is possible for the small guy to earn something for it.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
Bigeyeone

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 08:52:01 AM

I still have faith in the little qrk. bets are it drops for a bit, but now its distribution is wide and when it drops people will forget they have it and others will think that the people that forgot about it are holding, its a coin that can be spent so it has value, if others are holding you will probably get the idea it is being held cause they deem it to be valuable, although in the most part those holding do not want to waste their time trading it, meanwhile believers continue to promote it, get merchants to accept it, etc. etc.
IMO qrk is here to stay, maybe it is the bronze beneath ltc, but it is not going anywhere, it has asserted its place among other crypto's with a likeness to ... lets say yahoo among email providers, I will throw some hashes at it when it is possible for the small guy to earn something for it.

Have to agree that quark is doing a good job in generating demand for it, they really trying to become a currency and not just a store of value or something to speculate with

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: