Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:39:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes more in the end? A good trader or a holder? Thoughts?  (Read 1795 times)
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:37:03 AM

In my opinion a good trader does make more than holders. Good traders know how to analyze the market and use it to his/her advantage to enter the market or exit. Also, good traders are good at making their money flow in a daily basis and that their flow of money is continuous . If something happens, they would react faster than average traders which makes their money flow. Since they've been playing with money for so long, they know how to handle their emotions well enough. Meanwhile for the holders, they will be missing a lot of pump and dump because they are focus in the future price. They depend on the long term out come of a coin. Also, they have to research if the coin they are going to invest to are going to grow, unless it's Bitcoin or other old altcoins which has a lot of reputions now.
Ydentity

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 06:52:37 AM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.
A trader or a holder , who earned a lot and takes more .
This is a situation only time can answer. It all depends on the condition and the liquidity of the coin. If the token value increases with time, it is the holder who wins the game, but if the values keep fluctuating, then it is better to trade and invest on the cryptos with high liquidity. 
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 09:39:42 AM

It all depends on the market trend, i dont think there is a singular sweeping answer for this one.
Gimblaz

Activity: 115

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 12:04:30 PM

i think holding is a good way to get maximum results and minimize losses in waiting for the result of the coins we hold for a long time
aftertumern

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:56:12 AM

For your question, I personally think that this should be analyzed according to the specific situation. As a trader, you can make a profit in a bear market, but relatively speaking, the profit will be less, the risk may be larger, and the long-term holder will need a long time. Time can make a profit, but the profit will be relatively high, and the risk may be smaller.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:37:18 PM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.

They both make a lot of money as long as they know what they are doing. The thing is that one is more risky than the other. With trading you are always running the risk of losing your money if you make a single wrong move. While with holding coins, you are much safer with the coins. You have better guarantee of making money as long as you invest in the right coins

Nikolas_the_Wonderworker

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 04:58:03 PM

On my own experience of trading over the past year, I will say that if you keep coins, it's harder to earn. Determine the coin that will fly in price up is very difficult. Especially with this market trend over the past year.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

It varies it depends on individual experience doing both. The two side can argue both pays at the end. It is a bit difficult to come to a conclusion the one that pays most, that was why i said it depends on individual experience.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:43:53 PM

When is "end"? You have to at least include a time frame.
It is more likely that holders will earn more provided that they invested in a top quality coin. I mean, you can hodl a trash coin all you want and will still remain trash even after 5 years.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:48:41 PM

It all depends on what kind of trader it is, because the trader today can earn 30% of the deposit, and then lose 70%, so you need to talk very seriously about what traders, you can also say about the holders, looking what they have there in the portfolio.
waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

If you are able to trade, then you will naturally earn more, if not, then you have nothing left but just to hold the coin and wait for the price to rise several times to get a decent profit. I stick more than the second option.

Talat10gu

Activity: 279

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:27:21 PM

Trader is in stress always and holder is in stress only when he is making a choice about buying something. The profitability is not significant for me. So I think that holders win here.

sebastianweyer655@gmail.c

Activity: 103

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 12:55:40 PM

A good trader probably but 'good' traders are probably less than 5% of people that call themselves a trader, better to hold for most.
Melnikof

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:47:09 PM

No doubt, a successful trader may earn much more money than any holder cause he increases his assets every day. However, not everybody can be a trader, that's why holding is the best strategy for some people.
gabagandalf

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 07:56:37 PM

i'd say a trader makes more profit at the end of the day than someone who holds his coins only. but of course only if the trader makes enough profit and doesn't lose any money.  otherwise the result could be different.
cryptolidus

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:16:23 PM

A trader is a holder as well but beside that also trading. If I was holding my coins only during this bear market past 8 months
now my portfolio would be 3 times less than it is. It is true that there are situations ( bull market ) when a simple hold brings bigger profit
than trading. But long term traders makes many times bigger profit than simple holders.

dewi91

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:28:29 PM

A good trader will know the best time to sell their coins to get profit. The market condition have changed, in this year we not see the market increase yet and I assume hold may be can't promising a big profit than before. We should know the right time to buy and sell so we can gain profit.
panoramx

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:44:46 PM

The answer is obvious to me, it is the good trader who earns more because a good trader can achieve profits even during the bear market, so there is no bad day for him, and he can make really much more profit than a simple holder. But let us agree, we are talking here about a good trader and not just a simple trader.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 09:52:48 PM

A good trader will know the best time to sell their coins to get profit. The market condition have changed, in this year we not see the market increase yet and I assume hold may be can't promising a big profit than before. We should know the right time to buy and sell so we can gain profit.

We can't control the market for it's actual situations, but as an experienced trader you need to be a holder for such a long time. Our experiences could provide us the right idea to handle pressures on trading decisions, so in the end every hodler will benefit from their assets.

Lillian4real

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2018, 09:58:45 PM

To me, I believe a good holder makes much than a good trader. When trade a toke  now, probably you can get 50% profit but when
 you hodl the token for a certain period, you could get times two of the profit you actually sold it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: