Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who makes more in the end? A good trader or a holder? Thoughts?  (Read 1795 times)
Mr.Pro

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:04:40 AM

It really points out to the person on how he makes his/her decision and execute it. Also there is a bit of luck involve thus we cant say who really makes more in the end
PeterCarlos

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:33:18 AM

These all depends on the person's skills..  for me, A professional trader can earn good amounts of money depending on the capital invested in a short time. While A good Holder  can earn  more profits just by holding a coin, that is easy. thesenHolders are very wise. the buy these coins at very cheap price (little value) at their early stage of deve;lopment called ICO. and sell them after some time when the hit the exchange.. the differnce is. for holders profits takes more time to make
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 01:38:32 AM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.
A trader or a holder , who earned a lot and takes more .
This is a tough one. Both are good ways of making profit. I think with proper knowledge and a lot of skills I think a trader would earn more than holding. In holding all you do is wait for the price to go up while on trading you explore many coins as much as possible just to find that one who has potential of good profit. But in the end I think it is still on the person doing things, depends on how diligent and how skillful he is.
zhanghoqi5

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 01:40:20 AM

In fact, the right trade will be more profitable than holding it for a long time. But not every deal is right. So most people still like to hold it for a long time, because it will bring them more benefits.
sharkpc2000

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:17:56 PM

I comprehend a agreeable and up-and-coming profession watch over to achieve also at the end than a simple holder
m suheri99

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:33:27 PM

A good and active trader is sure to make more but he has to be an expert at it. Able to make a profit and loss but in the long run his cumulative gain will be much better than the holder who needs to pick the best coin and wait for the bull run to start before making a profit and the possibility will not come easily. You must choose the right currency and enter at the right time to hold successfully.
Underw00d

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:37:39 PM

Most of all earns the one who has better information, And the one who is the best professional in his business. No difference what you do - invest or trade.
Aresha

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:42:41 PM

In general, it is so difficult to judge about it. But, I think that the excellent trader will surpass several times in the profit of the ordinary holder of cryptocurrency

luyin46

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:45:43 PM

This question already has an answer. In other investment areas it has been proven that holders earn more, which is the case for most people. Only a very few very powerful short-term traders can realize short-term earning through a large amount of capital operations.
Cryptokingind

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:52:39 PM

Long term holder makes more money at the end instead of trading. Trading is very risky due to high volatility of this market but long term holder is always in more profit.
andrey111

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:52:49 PM

Very often a trader turns into an investor. Not even because he wants to invest his money in the asset, but simply because he did not have time to sell and the price went wrong. We have to wait for the time when the price will turn and close at least 0.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:54:01 PM

Trading is a quick profit while investing and holding is long term profit.  I guess it is really hard to calculate who's making the most in the end. If a trader able to trade well and gain on every trade then he will accumulate a lot of profit in the end but if he lose then its horrible. The holder on the other hand well earn a huge profit if the coin price increase a lot but if the price of the token decrease then he will lose as well. Conclusion, it's hard to know who's making the most. The better option is what you like to do, trading or investing or both. It's all up to you.
shiningstar

Activity: 420

Qravity is a decentralized content production

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 04:56:44 PM

In my opinion a good trader can make more than holder because they can multiply the money everyday if they win the trade but they have to be really good at trading, if he's just a normal trader then holding is definitely better because the value of coin will likely to go up in the long term and you can actually relax and do something else everyday while in trading you have to spend a lot of time in front of your monitor.

Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:03:23 PM

To use the term good is a little ambiguous as there are so many ways to interpret the word "good". So let me just think that a good trader means he has a good sense of what he is doing, has a good skill and a good storage full of knowledge and info.

In that sense, I think that the trader is the one who makes more money. He can generate profit everyday and can earn despite the market being unstable. Despite the risk and everything, if he sum all of his daily profit via trading, I am quite sure that he would have made more than a simple holder. A holder will only sell or trade his coins once, and that is during the ATH. But with the trader, he can take full advantage of the market's high price and low prices.
thornTorn

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:07:25 PM

I think if it's really a good trader, then it should be in the winning. He who keeps a long time does not always sell at the top. Therefore, a trader should earn more
Sier86

Activity: 154

X-Block.io

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:08:37 PM

As the title said, Who makes more in the end? I been on trading for quite times,been scalping and learned a few lesson in technical analysis.
Not trader and not a holder will makes more in the end =) But ICOs investors ,who find good projects for flipping,at least at my view.

X-Block.io
alexzorgo

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:24:40 PM

A fresh analysis of bitcoin-wallet shows that the number of traders and the volumes of their trade (day trading) are decreasing.
This indicates that the profitability of trade at the moment is equal to the level of long-term investment.

Data from Chainalysis shows that the amount of Bitcoin owned by long-term investors is now almost equalled by short-term speculators, according to Financial Times report June 8

Since December 2017, the amount of Bitcoin held by day traders has risen to 5.1 mln BTC, almost equaling the amount held by long-term investors — those who have held the coins for more than a year — which equals about 6 mln BTC

A source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/data-shows-switch-from-hodlers-to-speculators-in-bitcoin-in-last-6-months?utm_source=newsletter1&utm_medium=email

sircy

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:26:50 PM

that holds for longer and more patients will get the results much more than just a trade only. Although much can be traded promising, however, that does not apply to any market conditions. only when the increase alone will be able to get the results, but if in due time just flat even tend to not produce then trading will be very unprofitable.

whitepaper[large]DataBloc [/large]| website
The Airbnb of Data Services

[small]Twitter | YouTube | Telegram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Reddit[/small]
Wind_Crypto

Merit: 36

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 05:30:43 PM

i personally havent been able to make much from trading or scalping, except on days when i'm in luck. my skills sucks i guess. most of my gains have been thru' holding on to good coins from their undervalued days.
honex2

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2018, 05:31:02 PM

This can only happen when you can see the future. Let me say it happens only by sheer luck. Check the cmc in 2014 and check cmc 2018 most coin on top 10 have faded away. So hold or sell anything can happen
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: