Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning Cryptocurrency in Universities?  (Read 1776 times)
electronus

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:28:22 PM

The increase in demand for Bitcoin courses and the underlying blockchain technology is observed in almost all the world's leading universities. Students from a variety of departments are eager to take courses that tell about the technological models on which Bitcoin and Ethereum are based, such as decentralized consensus, registers with the append-only function, smart contracts and systems with proof of zero disclosure. In addition, students are interested in the practical side of working with cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:52:28 PM

Do you think that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or University? Specially in the field of business management?

As a student, I believe it will give us an advantage to this so called cryptoworld, right?
If we look at the current demand of the businesses for the crypto then I think yes we have to teach about cryptocurrencies in the schools, colleges and universities. If this action is not taken by the education department then their students will not be able to compete the future business system and they will fail in their field and then they will blame their education for that failure.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:27:07 PM

Do you think that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or University? Specially in the field of business management?

As a student, I believe it will give us an advantage to this so called cryptoworld, right?
Bitcoin as a subject in school might sound good on paper. But I think it wouldn't be good on the real-world scenario. There are a lot of things to consider before bitcoin could be added to the educational curriculum. Moreover, there will be huge issues about whether bitcoin subject would be implemented on the IT course or on the Economics. So all in all I don't think it is a good idea. After all informatijns about bitcoin are readily available in the internet.
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:30:41 PM

Here in my country, the curriculum changes often in order to adapt to global competencies. So I think that lessons about cryptocurrency will be included in both business related courses and computer information courses. This will prepare the next generation to work with this industry and hopefully help our society to accept cryptocurrencies more like fiat currency.
Osakrita

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:32:38 PM

I think there are a few universities currently offering courses or diplomas in cryptocurrency.Advanced lectures in this regards are more likely to be in cryptography,a sub-field in computer science/engineering.That is more for the technical or geek stuff rather than what is of interest to investors.I think more courses should be geared towards the business aspects.How to create a portfolio off cryptos
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:33:49 PM

This is quite an interesting idea and could really work since the economy is leaning to more technology based market so eventually our education will also adapt. This is may be already happening as an additional knowledge but soon, it will be a regular lesson for students who want  to pursue business or even computer science and IT.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:38:22 PM

It should be understood that the actual crypto technology can be learned easily on the internet. Maybe as a companion subject it could have been included. But for me this should be included in the sub lesson about technological progress. I am sure it is more appropriate and also more rational to learn.
kuckong

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:40:01 PM

I strongly agree with such thoughts. I really hope it will come true soon. but if it does not work, there may be many ways for students to have an interest in learning about cryptocurrency and making a profit with cryptocurrency. such as students can create their own community on campus that discusses cryptocurrency. perhaps with that, cryptocurrency will become increasingly recognized by students at a university. and I am sure it will benefit the crypto world.

KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:42:58 PM

A good idea but not just in business management but also in computer related programs. It's good you can market these cryptocurrencies but is better to create your own to solve the world's various problems. Cryptocurrencies are not just businesses or money makers but world changers.

jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:59:23 AM

School subjects must really have about Blockchain and crypto currencies so people become aware. It is also possible to include topics such as Economics, Business Mangement, Marketing, Information Technology and others.

#Support Vanig
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:42:52 AM

Learning crypto currency in universities will be a very good idea. This will not only benefit the school and the teachers but will surely give a big impact to the students. Now a days we should admit that crypto currency is a worldwide topic or use. Just imagine that those students will gain a learnings that the worldwide is talk about. This will not only make them knowledgeable but also globally prepared. They will surely have an edge to those student or individual who don’t know about the worldwide tread. So instead of saying bad things about this thought what we need to do is to support it for the future of our country and world.     
pawitrawijaya

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:01:01 AM

I think it's a good idea if cryptocurrency is taught in school or university... So students all over the world know about about the development of electronic currency.. So when students are in the cryptocurrency world they are not awkward anymore..
judemarco1996

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:23:25 AM

I agree that putting cryptocurrencies as part of universities policies and system is a good opportunities to all their students, but making it as a subject is more likely not okey for a simple reasons that there might be a scarcity of persons with expertise in cryptocurrencies to teach all the  aspiring students in a universitites. I guess it would be better if they would organize a workshop, training or even symposium that focuses on cryptocurrencies trading and its like to benefit all their student on this knowledge.
anhhungcolao

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:41:11 AM

I like this idea. if cryptocurrency become a subject in uni, young people who are interested in BTC or cryptocurrency, won't waste of time to find reliable sources of information about this field.
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 04:59:33 AM

It's a good idea if some people make this happen. I think if someone is actually teaching the importance of learning cryptocurrency then i think it will be a good help not only on people that like to learn this but also for people that are already doing crypto. If someone want's to expand his or her knowledge about cryptocurrency then an option to learn it at university will be a good help. It's just a matter of how it will be implemented.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
gidaahmad

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:10:25 AM

In long-term need, I think the science of cryptocurrency should be disseminated. Because it would be better many people know about the truth of cryptocurrency. Implementation from a school or university will greatly help spread Cryptocurrency widely and quickly.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:13:08 AM

I think that is a great idea that cryptocurrency should be taught in schools or universities because just like what you said it can give you an advantage about cryptoworld and also you can learn some business and management
Wong Kalong

Activity: 377

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:19:30 AM

Yes, I agree with you. Indeed, cryptocurrency should be taught at the University. I think University students are easier to catch a lesson about crypto. If taught at the school I think it is still too difficult for students to learn crypto. Of course, this will provide many advantages to the students. Hopefully, this kind of positive thing around the world can come true.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:20:31 AM

It is good to touch cryptocurrency in related subjects under business, finance, or economics, or even information technology. But why should cryptocurrency be included in a subject such as business management? That course is for those who want to learn how to manage a business. Well, maybe a short discussion about it is enough. A deeper discussion could be done under finance or economics.
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:21:35 AM

For now, I don't think cryptocurrency can be taught in the University, considering the fact that it has not been globally legalized, which in turn has not been globally accepted. Until then, it will be a good idea to teach it in schools, for people to have wider knowledge about it.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: