Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:01:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A coin issued by some country government - would you go for it?  (Read 942 times)
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:29:50 AM

Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

I think I will investing my money on that coin. Coin issued by government must be back up by tax payer and government trust and thats must be a good investment. I think that will make cryptocurrency market more healthy and more bigger
Bianxee

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:02:47 AM

Imagine that some respectable country would go far beyond legalizing cryptocurrency and start one of its own. It would surely be no scam and it would probably have a strong support, but would there be any drawbacks to the currency and the state itself? Would it get more attention than some of the biggest coins now?

I think I will investing my money on that coin. Coin issued by government must be back up by tax payer and government trust and thats must be a good investment. I think that will make cryptocurrency market more healthy and more bigger
Yes that tax will be present when they make a coin for government. It will took some time but its been 80-90% chance of making it to ruled again a particular country who will going to provide the use and require it to buy some goods in the future.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:11:22 PM

To be honest, I would definitely use it because the government would take a step further to optimise the potential of traditional fiat currencies so if it would definitely have more benefits as compared to that of the current Fiat payment system. However, I won't call it a truly decentralized cryptocurrency because even in the worst case government will never share the control with anyone else so even if it is on blockchain it doesn't mean that it is decentralized. There will be people who will always use pea and currencies irrespective of the benefits of cryptocurrencies and if it is from merchant side then as the user we have to reciprocate the payment method of their convenience.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:05:35 PM

I would invest in the government issued coin if it was set up properly. Not like ripple with an unlimited supply or some other way to centralise and control it. It needs to be on a publicly controlled blockchain with full transparency

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:52:03 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 02:48:51 AM by bitcad4u

I will check the coin in-depth.I will check with the white paper and team.If all them are perfect,I will inverse in that coin.If you get into coin at earlier stage ,you will get more profit when it reaches maximum raise.No need to worry about the origin of the coin.
Bonheur

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 08:59:00 PM

I think it is against decentralisation and the whole mindset of cryptocurrency but we don't even know what blockchain  is capable of and if the technology of that coin is solid and benefits society, why not?
sevenbits

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:03:24 PM

It is very dependent on the particular government. for example, Petro did not arouse my special interest. On the other hand, the coin released, for example, by the European Union can be extremely interesting for investment.
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:06:12 PM

I will still prefer on investing in bitcoins because the price of bitcoins is the highest priced cryptocurrency and because of that we can expect to earn a huge amount of profit when the market pumped up depending on its volatility.

kingkonjac

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

if ant governments would issue a coin than it would go mainstream really quick because it will give so much confidence to people as they will go after it immediately, the drawbacks are it can weaken their own currency.

Psynthax

Activity: 2310
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:11:41 PM

if ant governments would issue a coin than it would go mainstream really quick because it will give so much confidence to people as they will go after it immediately, the drawbacks are it can weaken their own currency.
But it's decentralized and quite opposite to what we have right now which is a decentarlized economic so people who would go for it are those who just trying to make profit off an investment. i'm not being pathetic by saying that this is a bad thing but if it could make me profit I would go in too.
But however, if the government that issue the coin are those comes from 3rd world country or even top 10 poorest country, no way I would go to invest to it because the chance is just too slim.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
doomloop

Activity: 2296
Merit: 581

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:24:10 PM

This is exactly like a bond issued by a company. You will only invest in a bond if the issuing company is in a good position and has been issuing bonds for long with good profitability history. Besides, sometimes you have to keep the concept of default risk in the mind as well. It things like these worked out, there is no bad in investing in the coins issued by a country.

Ch01ce0N3

Activity: 131
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:35:38 AM

I think the state will gain enormous profits for the country if they support the existence of cryptocurrency in the country. So their economy is strong. It may affect the value of their flat currency. But if mutual support, will be a big advantage.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:31:51 PM

I'm still stay crypto that no one of government involve because if they do that theres a possibility that they manipulate the market even they sure that their coin is good I'm stay in bitcoin and other currency but not involved with government.
They definitely will manipulate because it is going to be a centralized and controlled coin just as we have with fiat. Why is everyone criticizing petro coin owned by the Venezuelan government, it is simply because it is a centralized coin, and the same thing even applies to ripple which makes most of the community to detest it, except for those who believe in centralization anyway.

I cannot go for any centralized coin as I am done with that. Tell me to trade it, then I can give it a try, but investing is just more like trying to invest in your own country currency. I guess we all know where that has led us to over the years.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:41:43 PM

Normally no one is interested whether the coin is from a particular country or from any particular institution in crypto market and there are more parameters to look in to it. I prefer the potential of the coin rather than looking into its background, I always look for the future promises the coin has and will check their team background as well.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:29:10 PM

Could, cause if goverment will make its own coin there will be some money spent on ads and there is some chance that people from this country will put some money in it, i could invest in it too but only if future of this coin will be protected.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:41:12 PM

No way. I will be just sticking to my bitcoin. The reason as to why cryptocurrency was created it to oppose the corrupted governments and banks. I would not go around investing in corrupted governmental coin, even it is valuable and many people trust in it. As a matter of fact, more regulations will be put on it and perhaps taxes will be imposed on people. So, I do not think I will be interested. I am just waiting for the bitcoin price to grow.
angelinedelatorre

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2018, 01:49:39 PM

Yes! I will go for it. Government is the one who issued this coin, so it is safe to invest in it. Government will protect this coin that no one can use it to scam others.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:01:35 PM

Could you give me any scenario on how a "respectable country" will create a cryptocurrency? Because if you will tell me about making their fiat currency go digital than haven't they done that already? From different kinds of payments such as VISA credit cards and cryptocurrencies they have digitized it now. I only think that if this country will create their own kind of cryptocurrency they will only see it as a weaknes and they are only doing that in order to collect some funds to pay off some debts.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 02:34:29 PM

Well, with the existence of the UN, I doubt that it can possibly happen.

Anyway, for the sake of argument, yes I will definitely buy that coin and will swap it to USDT.
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 04:31:27 PM

the government-owned central coin is the replacement of fiat currency nothing more than in the form of paper they issue digital coin and integrate blockchain for tracking of transactions
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: