Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XIV] Xivra accepted by HostDab !  (Read 97586 times)
blopblop

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:17:52 PM

ahhh, sorry for my ignorance since I thought this was clear.

As you can see from block explorer we are now at block 13016 (* 5,000) = 65,080,000 Xivra.

It is up to an exchange to list Xivra or not. But as I stated earlier; personally I think that Xivra is not ready yet.

I do think that Xivra is ready in the first week of January.

I understand that many of the current miners want to have it listed as soon as possible to get a nice profit for their early adoption and hashing power. I also know there are many 'altcoins' made just for the purpose to make it quick to exchange no matter what state the code is in and cash in.

My view is to make the code as good as possible 1st, have a decent website and then promote Xivra. As for cashing in, with no pre-mine and only 300-400 KH/s as my own mining power there is nothing personal to cash in for me.

Thats a really nice answer and good start for a coin, you have my support. Better to test it more and to improve the code than to begin making a quick profit as one of the other existent 300 coins.
SiFF

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:31:07 PM

ahhh, sorry for my ignorance since I thought this was clear.

As you can see from block explorer we are now at block 13016 (* 5,000) = 65,080,000 Xivra.

It is up to an exchange to list Xivra or not. But as I stated earlier; personally I think that Xivra is not ready yet.

I do think that Xivra is ready in the first week of January.

I understand that many of the current miners want to have it listed as soon as possible to get a nice profit for their early adoption and hashing power. I also know there are many 'altcoins' made just for the purpose to make it quick to exchange no matter what state the code is in and cash in.

My view is to make the code as good as possible 1st, have a decent website and then promote Xivra. As for cashing in, with no pre-mine and only 300-400 KH/s as my own mining power there is nothing personal to cash in for me.
Can help with web-site development.

Exp

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:54:05 PM

I have 16.700 coins for trade
looking for doge coins!

Pm me
SiFF

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:10:21 PM

I have 16.700 coins for trade
looking for doge coins!

Pm me
I've mined about 400k already Roll Eyes

shai_

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:23:31 PM

maybe one of the only fair launches that i saw recently...
even stating that it have no value

pool and wallet worked since launch (unlike some other recent launches)
Vizy

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:22:45 AM

maybe one of the only fair launches that i saw recently...
even stating that it have no value

pool and wallet worked since launch (unlike some other recent launches)

Yes, the whole launch was pretty smooth.  Not a lot of promotion for th coin has been done yet which can be good/bad.  In time though Smiley
Axio (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 06:59:54 AM

Thanks all for the kind words, as for the promotion side you are right, it can be good or bad in the long run.
I do hope that it's for the good  Wink . Since reward halves in 2 years people who get in later to mine will still have a decent opportunity to gain Xivra relatively easy.

Test question : could a few of you who have a separate computer/laptop without Xivra history check if you can use the same windows QT version now without the need of adding the .conf file. If I am correct it should start to sync without the need of addnode .

XIV: XYdUBYY6cq1LeuMcpDyYLH6gv8hBtUVCAd
Xivra Client: https://www.xivra.com
Xivra thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=376160.0
LewiesMan

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:03:29 AM

Hi, as per your test question... my pc synced just fine even without the .conf file. Great coin btw... I  think it's better to wait a bit for an exchange (January is fine Grin) that way there won't be such a "rush" as with too many of the other alt-coins. Mining as we speak...
EvertonFan

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:12:27 AM

Grrrr, last night i had 4 blocks 5 BLOCKS! end up unaccepted! instead of 30k, i end up with 10k 5k!!! for 10 hours work Sad

whats the reason the blocks get to 5 confirmations then go offline?
Axio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 12:26:44 PM

I don't know what peoples strength are etc. and which way you can help.

There are a few things which I would like to have done but have not looked into yet as I am too busy getting other things done 1st.
I will list a few things in various areas which could be useful for Xivra in a short time frame.

-Online wallet-One of the things I would love to have is an online wallet system. I saw some source code at github regarding the wallet used at http://blockchain.info.
Besides making this useable for Xivra I also have some questions regarding how to secure this the best way. I understand the use of ssl on the website front but I'd like to know what kind of security is needed on the physical server and what the risks are for users using an online wallet.

-Client design-Also I would like if some people actually could design a nice client, it's not the coding or compiling which is needed. I am talking Design. I am honestly bored of all the clients basically looking the same while its not needed.

-Forum-Right now we do fine without a separate forum but in future I think a separate forum is needed, several questions to be asked, a forum at xivra.com or a separate forum? Which forum type ? who is going to be administrator/moderator ? (I don't have a wish to be a forum administrator/moderator although I don't mind hosting one and be an active member of it).

-blockchain-I am happy with the block crawler we have, but a dedicated site with some of the functions of blockchain.info would be a thought. ( I love stats and charts  Grin )

There are a few more things which need to be done but these are the ones which popped up in my mind first.

perfectsquare

Activity: 70

LiveChains.Net

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 01:12:43 PM

the pool at xiv.livechains.net will be reduced to 500 Required Confirms for mined coins @ appx 6PM G.M.T, in addition IRC Crawler will be available when LiveChains finally gets everything online for the move from BETA to Production on XMas Day.

Thanks

Mark
LiveChains Team

LiveChains.net - Pool Rental Services & BlockChain Providers
getwork

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:23:21 PM

247k for sell. make me an offer!
SiFF

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:55:50 PM

247k for sell. make me an offer!
1 LTC.

SiFF

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:04:17 PM

I don't know what peoples strength are etc. and which way you can help.

There are a few things which I would like to have done but have not looked into yet as I am too busy getting other things done 1st.
I will list a few things in various areas which could be useful for Xivra in a short time frame.

-Online wallet-One of the things I would love to have is an online wallet system. I saw some source code at github regarding the wallet used at http://blockchain.info.
Besides making this useable for Xivra I also have some questions regarding how to secure this the best way. I understand the use of ssl on the website front but I'd like to know what kind of security is needed on the physical server and what the risks are for users using an online wallet.

-Client design-Also I would like if some people actually could design a nice client, it's not the coding or compiling which is needed. I am talking Design. I am honestly bored of all the clients basically looking the same while its not needed.

-Forum-Right now we do fine without a separate forum but in future I think a separate forum is needed, several questions to be asked, a forum at xivra.com or a separate forum? Which forum type ? who is going to be administrator/moderator ? (I don't have a wish to be a forum administrator/moderator although I don't mind hosting one and be an active member of it).

-blockchain-I am happy with the block crawler we have, but a dedicated site with some of the functions of blockchain.info would be a thought. ( I love stats and charts  Grin )

There are a few more things which need to be done but these are the ones which popped up in my mind first.
Can take care of blockchain and forum, i do not think that it is the step where we need an online wallet-it will be attacked many times, besides when it appears on cryptsy-it will be an online wallet, but if you insist can take care of it also. I'm a CEO of web-site and mobile apps development company, have many skills Wink

Axio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:35:37 PM

Can take care of blockchain and forum, i do not think that it is the step where we need an online wallet-it will be attacked many times, besides when it appears on cryptsy-it will be an online wallet, but if you insist can take care of it also. I'm a CEO of web-site and mobile apps development company, have many skills Wink

That's why I had questions regarding security. If it can not be secured properly at this moment then it might be something for in the future and not now.

Tons0fun

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:45:24 PM

Just a heads up for those mining at http://xiv.coinworld.us/ Check your donation percentage. In the middle of the night it "suddenly" went to 2% on its own. You don't get to charge a fee and the force users to "donate". Otherwise I've had no trouble there, but I won't be mining there anymore.
perfectsquare

Activity: 70

LiveChains.Net

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 06:39:55 PM

Just a heads up for those mining at http://xiv.coinworld.us/ Check your donation percentage. In the middle of the night it "suddenly" went to 2% on its own. You don't get to charge a fee and the force users to "donate". Otherwise I've had no trouble there, but I won't be mining there anymore.

Come and join us at live chains, zero fees, you only donate what you want and we have just reduced to 500 confirms from 620

LiveChains.net - Pool Rental Services & BlockChain Providers
Tons0fun

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:01:46 PM

Come and join us at live chains, zero fees, you only donate what you want and we have just reduced to 500 confirms from 620

I may just take you up on that. Now xiv.coinworld.us is saying they are shutting down.
Axio (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 07:45:13 PM

I wish you all, your family and friends, a merry xmas and may santa bring you many Xivra.

cryptoguy2004

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 10:55:20 PM

so, what are we thinking here?? is there some support behind this coin or what? How much hashing power are people throwing at this? there are a few bigger boys hashing at cipher pool how are the other pools doing? seems like people are working on websites how long are we thinking before its ready for an exchange? What can someone like me with not very many skills and only 1200kh/s do to help? Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays if thats your style.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: