Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:43:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 07:36:07 AM

A bitcoin wallet is nothing but just a private key which is required in order to spend the funds associated with any Bitcoin wallet's public key. As we all know that cryptocurrencies are all about self-responsibility and hence one should always consider and uphold the security of his wallet. It is not a wise idea to hold funds on any exchange or web wallet to store. Wallet security is definitely one of the crucial aspects of using cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anamie

Activity: 485
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:38:19 AM

of course, security of our wallet is very important and necessary even though in fiat money or whatever, Since we store our money there and we have to be vigilance in our hard working money so that we can avoid any problems.
embargo

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:17:59 PM

Safety is always relative. Regarding the crypto currency - whatever the protection, encryption, it is a thought of a man, and can also be hacked by a person. The sense of security is illusory.
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 12:37:51 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
It's pretty complicated for a beginner like me, I prefer to save it to an exchanger site or wallet site and for security so far I have never experienced hacking account, I think because I really cover the way of my access with the meeting and it's thanks to the advice of some members here, and if I have money left over, I'm thinking of buying ledger nano or trezor because it's safer in my opinion.

roseann072518

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 12:43:21 PM

The security of wallet is very important .. specifically to those who have a big fund, btc or atls on their wallet, even small amount they need a secured wallet .. i agreed do not put the important key or important infos on your phone you, put on a safe place or write it on the book or print on paper to still safe put on your room where is safe.
JerryJam

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:01:18 PM

No doubt we need the absolute safety of the purse. You asked a stupid question. It's like asking if my house needs security. The security of your wallet depends on you. And no one except you can make your wallet safe. There are many different ways. You can find information about it on the Internet.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:58:24 PM

of course, security of our wallet is very important and necessary even though in fiat money or whatever, Since we store our money there and we have to be vigilance in our hard working money so that we can avoid any problems.

indeed the security of our wallet is very necessary, because the money from our hard work that we have to save and must be safe, because it is all the characteristics of our lousy and the results we get.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:34:21 PM

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too!

Bitcoins are not stored inside a device. The private keys, which are necessary to use/move the corresponding UTXO's (which have been confirmed on the blockchain), are stored inside your device.
A simple backup of your private keys (or better: seed) can counteract a loss of bitcoins if the device breaks.

Split your holdings. Majority in a secured cold wallet and a small stack on the mobile/desktop wallet for daily purchases.
Or: Use a hardware wallet with seed being backed up in multiple secured places.

The key is to reduce the possible attack surface to a minimum.

And use your common sense. BTC's not only get stolen through digial/physical theft, but also through shitty ICO projects.

This is one complete package of advices that you need to secure your coins and wallets,but one thing i wanna add is never leave your coins in exchangers try to prevent this from happening since exchangers is very vulnerable to hackers and scammers so beware of this action
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:56:01 PM

Yes wallet security is very important to store the coins. You have to be very careful while choosing the wallets,  the main thing for bitcoin holdrrs is their wallet only. If the wallet has been hacked everything will be lost. Always backup is very important, keep the private keys very safe. If the wallet lost we loose our money also. Dont share or give your private key to anyone. Hackers will easily take the money from your wallet.

As of today, most of the traders in the market are just using 1 wallet which is m.e.w. or myetherwallet and most of them did not get any problem for a very long time so i also trust mew to use.

Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:19:44 PM

Yes wallet security like 2fa authentication is important to use for additional safety of your bitcoins store in your wallet. Also always keep your password and private key secured and avoid to tell it to others. Avoid to click phishing sites to avoid hackers.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:54:07 PM

I do not think all the time wallet can be hacked unless the you do not have access to your private key. Please read the term and conditions of the online wallets as well. If the wallet assured that they do not have access to your private key that is the wallet secured for you.

If you do have access to your along with the wallet provider. Then you are not safe even after you protected with the 2FA or anything.
mukabokep

Activity: 490
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:38:35 PM

I do not think all the time wallet can be hacked unless the you do not have access to your private key. Please read the term and conditions of the online wallets as well. If the wallet assured that they do not have access to your private key that is the wallet secured for you.

If you do have access to your along with the wallet provider. Then you are not safe even after you protected with the 2FA or anything.

now I know the reason why the exchanger is not a good wallet because there are party exchangers who can access our wallets Cheesy but what do you think a private key can be randomly like looking for a phone number?
petronus

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 05:46:14 PM

Thanks. it is a good suggestion to secure assets. backup is very important to keep the crypto assets and avoid from theft.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Bakemat

Activity: 779

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:00:51 PM

Yes wallet security is very important to store the coins. You have to be very careful while choosing the wallets,  the main thing for bitcoin holdrrs is their wallet only. If the wallet has been hacked everything will be lost. Always backup is very important, keep the private keys very safe. If the wallet lost we loose our money also. Dont share or give your private key to anyone. Hackers will easily take the money from your wallet.

Absolutely yes, those investors are looking for a very good wallet that cannot be easily revealed or hack, because cryptocurrency is very good asset to hold for a very long time.
danyakotletkin2018

Activity: 72

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:07:39 PM

As without the safety of the wallet, this is the most important thing.  Choose the right one.
coinxwife

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 08:57:16 PM

Yes it is security wallets is important because for the first place this is where you gonna store all your tokens/rewards so better choose also the right wallet and be aware for the security also of it for the safetyness.
caseback

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:06:23 PM

Yes security wallets is the main important and trusted wallets we choose with the best security it has,because through that there we gonna keep all our earnings and profits so we have to choose the best wallets as it has,and keep your private key only to yourself wuth no one knows as long as your trusted partner only coz without the key you cannot open or changed it.
djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 09:38:00 PM

Always be vigilant and alert, I've been in crypto for about 6 years, and the only time I've lost crypto was through btc-e though that was out of hands. Some people can really be lax protecting their private key, forgetting that, that is all a person needs and your funds are gone! Definitley read up on latest sec and encryption news to learn how best to protect yourself.

That is the most important we must be alert and active or presence of mimd as always. If you have your crypto you should put it in a aafety mode with password in the wallet so that it will not turn into other hands. Being positive and looking forward in the future is very helpful for the safety.
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 10:47:39 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

Yes we should be responsible in keeping it our security wallet because that is the storages of our money and also the informartion that we protected especially the private keys that we have. So for me it is better that we have more back up copies of our security wallets, just in case that we lost our divice. We don't have any bother's at all.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:18:55 PM

Yes security wallets is the main important and trusted wallets we choose with the best security it has,because through that there we gonna keep all our earnings and profits so we have to choose the best wallets as it has,and keep your private key only to yourself wuth no one knows as long as your trusted partner only coz without the key you cannot open or changed it.
Wallet security is the most important thing for investors in this market because you are sure that you will not want all of your assets after one night to disappear completely and there is no way to get back. . The crypto's anonymity makes you the only protection of your assets in the crypto market.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: