Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
kiatitami

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:55:58 PM

I think purse purse is necessary. Nowadays, hackers are stalking us, probably losing money at any time, so focus on this do not visit bad sites. So you are vulnerable to hacker attacks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:34:44 AM

It is almost the key for you to not become a broke person. If you will just ignore the security of your wallet and not use the possible ways to make your wallet secured then you are risking yourself and your funds in danger because most of the criminals in the internet will just get the money of yours and that is how you will become a broke person.
Eigig

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 12:57:31 AM

It is almost the key for you to not become a broke person. If you will just ignore the security of your wallet and not use the possible ways to make your wallet secured then you are risking yourself and your funds in danger because most of the criminals in the internet will just get the money of yours and that is how you will become a broke person.

Yes that is very important the key of your wallet because if one can notice that wallet private key then it will gone your coins like bubble in the air,
The private key is most important in this business because if it will be hacked then it is your fault ,you did not mind to make sadety of your wallet, for me I trust this wallet ,myetherwallet ,so what yours can you make some advise dor more secured wallet than myetherwallet.
gareng1468

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 02:37:19 AM

do not rely too much on computer or smart phone. we can record passwords or private key into a book or print out. manual way can still reliable even though the modern era. or use personal encryption to protect data theft so that stolen data can not be opened on other devices.

MoonX      
───   http://www.moon.family/   ───
TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:19:50 AM

Those are some good tips though. I don't really see much of a way for the thieves to get into your wallet as long as you have a password for it, unless you trusted those person and you gave them your password. The wallets are fairly secured in my opinion where the only fault is the fault of the person holding the wallet. Well, what you could do is to either write the private key into a piece of paper then print it or you could take a picture of it and print it so that you could delete every trace in your computer to prevent any hackers. That way, even if hackers get into your computer, they will never get your coins unless it is a human error, like for example, it was your friend and you gave them your password because you trust them.
xbl1008

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:16:40 AM

yes very important it is more important than you profits because when your security is breach or someone knows what your wallet's private key you could lose all your bitcoins in a click that applies to all crypto also even though we got a good technology if the password is known by the hacker its goodbye time to your money so don't share it to others and always prepare a hard copy of it just incase your pc broke or you had lost your smartphone
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:31:15 AM

do not rely too much on computer or smart phone. we can record passwords or private key into a book or print out. manual way can still reliable even though the modern era. or use personal encryption to protect data theft so that stolen data can not be opened on other devices.

Good point. Though with the generation today, i doubt if youngsters would be interested in using such method. But i'd consider it especially now that many things online can be compromised.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Paka1

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 10:24:03 AM

You are right, we should be extra careful with our cryptocurrency if we wanted to to make it safe. You can use a wallet to store your crypto. And I do agree,  that one must have a back-up so that what ever happens you can still recover your account. It is safer to use wallet to avoid hackers, and you must be the only one to know your passwords to avoid awful things to happen.
modamo

Activity: 249
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 08:55:15 PM

Unfortunately, my wallet was hacked. I was careless in secure it. But now I use metamask, but I want to buy Tazor wallet in future. It is autonomous, but not free.

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:05:45 AM

The security of wallet is very important .. specifically to those who have a big fund, btc or atls on their wallet, even small amount they need a secured wallet .. i agreed do not put the important key or important infos on your phone you, put on a safe place or write it on the book or print on paper to still safe put on your room where is safe.
The amount of money that you are holding is irrelevant even if you only have ten dollars in your wallet you still need to secure your wallet, it is good practice after all you never know if the coins you are holding eventually become extremely valuable, this happened to a lot of people not only with bitcoin but with altcoins as well and when they remembered they had some coins that had skyrocketed they find out a hacker had stole their coins due to their lax security practices.
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:56:28 AM

Of course with a safe wallet we also believe that the crypto currency that we keep is safe. Because I do not want to experience things I do not want like a wallet that I use hacked by anyone.
Altcoins enthusiast

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:08:37 AM

Wallet security is very important to us and we are to secure our wallet in other not to lose money.  I have a friend that has lost his wallet private keys and that affect the ways he judge cryptocurrencies and always called it a scam.  I think it is very important we secure our wallet in other not to cry in future.
Lucifers

Activity: 107
Merit: 36

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:11:54 AM

Because I do not want to risk my wallet and then hacked by someone who wants to take a coin in my wallet.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:12:24 AM

since wallets are the place where you place your earnings and digital assets, it is best to secure it heavily, even backing up is still prone to hacks, there are numerous ways to secure it, some are already mentions in other threads, but there are one way that best secure your wallet, it is to change your pin regularly, change you passwords randomly, there is a friend of mine who change his passwords everytime he logged in and logged out. of course it will be so difficult to put up such numerous patterns and passwords but i think that is the best way for me, so far.  

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
xyandrobot

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:32:13 AM

It is important to keep the secret of a crypto user's wallet for the security of the assets that the crypto user has. many cases of hackers steal user assets due to weak security from passwords or not changing wallets for a long time.
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:01:15 PM

Of course, the security of the wallet is very important. It is necessary to store passwords and keys in safe places.
Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:03:17 PM

It is very important to take care of the safety of your wallet.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:10:44 PM

Yes. Wallet security is the top most priority we have to give for security and it should be up to date and have all the security features like 2FA. I think wallet url need to be saved in bookmarks to avoid hacking is a good practice. Apart from that I recommend you to have your private keys or passwords well protected and never save it in your desktop. 

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
NewRanger

Activity: 1568
Merit: 333

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 01:35:31 PM

Yes. Wallet security is the top most priority we have to give for security and it should be up to date and have all the security features like 2FA. I think wallet url need to be saved in bookmarks to avoid hacking is a good practice. Apart from that I recommend you to have your private keys or passwords well protected and never save it in your desktop. 
bookmarked online wallet url could be one of solution for us to defence from hacker attack.and another action still we can do , such as not opening any unknown email than in to our mail.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:41:22 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

Security is very important  in the world of crypto, hackers are everywhere, to keep btc/coins safe  you have to keep your username and password confidential, btc are held in digital wallets with one public  and one private key,we must ne extra carefull.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: