Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:20:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:33:44 PM

If a wallet isn't blockchain based, it's hackable. Also, he was being honest about the big tech stocks.  They're all grossly overvalued hype that are ripe pickings for being replaced on the block chain anyone that believes that anything connected to the internet is secure is not very aware. A determined entity with enough resources can break into anything, that's a fact.
If you really value your money in your wallet, then you will make sure that you have the most secured wallet because wallet are hackable. Even exchanges are being hacked how much more individual wallets like Web based ones.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:42:21 PM

Remember to make a back up of your wallet as always.
make sure to  make a copy of private keys and password.
Use 2FA if there is, for additional security.
Never put all your belongings in one wallet.
Roni116

Activity: 269
Merit: 1

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:37:07 PM

Increasing wallet security is indispensable, because whenever hackers can attack your wallet and pick up your valuable coins. Use a strong password and also use Google Authenticator 2FA which gives you better security.

[ Soil.co ]
───────────[  Earn USDT/USDC | Up to 14% Passive Income ]───────────
rathaha10

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 06:56:35 PM

My tip is to think logically, and check everything 10 times if you are doing something. It is easy to lose your coins if you are not focused. For a example if you are sending funds check the wallet address of the receiver more than 2 times.

ELOCIN

Activity: 276
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 11:57:20 PM

First and foremost, it's the very most important thing to do with your crypto holdings. Nobody here wants to get hacked by hackers and have their wallet looted by these criminals. Security must come first and anything else will also follow.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
sharif12

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 07:22:34 AM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

Yes, we have to secure our Bitcoin wallet from hacker so we really need to install security application for the protection and safety of our investments.
You may try google authenticator that requires additional random passwords provided by that apps and it changes from time to time.
Cecekcitata

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 03:38:10 AM

Wallet security is of course very important, because it involves the assets you have and you certainly do not want if your assets are lost due to the lack of safe your wallet
Butonyki

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 12:15:56 PM

First and foremost, it's the very most important thing to do with your crypto holdings. Nobody here wants to get hacked by hackers and have their wallet looted by these criminals. Security must come first and anything else will also follow.
You are asking like is it important to lock your money before leaving the room. Of course it is important and necessary. If you are not secured then your money may be hacked and you can lose your money in seconds. Wallet security is important for the future of cryptocurrency because if everyone loses his money due to weak security system, nobody will trust it and it will end soon.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 07:33:48 PM

this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Off course we need a wallet security to secure our coin and to avoid hacked, this will help to us to protect our confidential things.
Sure! You are right it is our own duty to secure our bitcoin as much as we can, system has provided us best source in form of different wallet, which can be use to save our bitcoin for long time, for me blockchain is the best wallet according to me in this regard, it is all about wallet private key if you will not share it so no one can take your bitcoin from you so be careful and use blockchain to save your bitcoin for decades and make saving for bad days of life.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 10:15:09 PM

yap, wallet security is very necessary not only to prevent theft but also to train us to be more responsible for our property. Last year my wallet got hacked because I didn't really care and thought that security wasn't important, since then I learned to keep tightening my wallet security by updating the antivirus and changing the password periodically.
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:39:16 PM

Yes, wallet security is very important, not just online wallet types, all types of wallets have an interest in extra security. With so many crimes out there like hacking etc, then your online wallet should be equipped with high security if you want security in your money, even online wallets at ordinary banks have also increased security, this has happened to me as an online wallet user on every bank and it's definitely on the cryptocurrency wallet.

Wallet security is very important to us users, it is to give safety for our funds, there are hackers that are there to steal your money, It is our duty to give our wallet some protection to avoid that incidents, Online wallets users should know this, yes even the banks are increasing their online wallet securities to avoid hackers from compromising their systems.
Vohoanghiep

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 11:51:12 PM

I think the password of the wallet is extremely important and it seems that if you lose your password, you will not access the wallet. And they do not offer password recovery when lost. Therefore, the protection of wallets is extremely necessary. The best way is not to provide wallets, as well as related information to anyone else. Besides, do not visit the strange link or black website
Bitfling

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:08:05 AM

I think its really important to secure our wallet. Many hacker right now have good technic to stole our coin in wallet. We should secure our wallet more strictly and its much better if we use hard wallet
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:20:58 AM

Split your holdings. Majority in a secured cold wallet and a small stack on the mobile/desktop wallet for daily purchases.
Or: Use a hardware wallet with seed being backed up in multiple secured places.

The key is to reduce the possible attack surface to a minimum.

And use your common sense. BTC's not only get stolen through digial/physical theft, but also through shitty ICO projects.

Shitty ICO project that wants you to install a software to connect to their network and receive worthless coins/tokens. Been there. Good thing I have some small knowledge about Operating Systems so I get to use virtual box and stake it in there. Such a waste of time.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:25:21 AM

Wallet is a very important thing to support transactions, of course we need a wallet that has high security and in my opinion activating all the security features provided by the wallet is something that must be done.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 01:38:16 AM

I think its really important to secure our wallet. Many hacker right now have good technic to stole our coin in wallet. We should secure our wallet more strictly and its much better if we use hard wallet
High security in the wallet is not negotiable anymore, moreover there are many hacking techniques available. It requires you to take precautionary steps so that the risk of hacking can be minimized. at least you should to have 2fa in every account you have, even though hacker have got your password they won't be able to login if there are 2fa...
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 02:52:07 AM

Well, all information you had here is great and useful. The best thing you should do is be extra careful and secured your wallet password that you only knows.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
randyg29

Activity: 330

http://www.daxico.com/

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 04:02:08 AM

Yes of course just like a bank if you are a bank manager and you manage a bank that has don't want to use security do you think a person like me gonna put my money to you. You may lose it if your managements are not secure that can really a bad status in any bank. It is really important to have a security in your wallet.

DaughterOFbitcoin

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

My tip is to think logically, and check everything 10 times if you are doing something. It is easy to lose your coins if you are not focused. For a example if you are sending funds check the wallet address of the receiver more than 2 times.
Yeah you are right and especially before investing in crypto because investing in crypto means that you are giving the keys of your wallet to anonymous person and if there is any problem, you cannot claim your money. It can be hacked; you can forget your wallet address and so many other hazards. So it is better to think 100 times before going into cryptocurrency investment.
Ekimzjames20

Activity: 348

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:30:58 AM

The purse security should be in the first place, if you are going to work in the crypt.  Do not need to use a lot of wallets.  Better one is proven.

Nowadays they have many scammer, so i think one wallet is enough for us to used, to make it secure. So we can monitor from time to time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: