Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:54:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
KnightElite

Activity: 924
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 05:22:39 PM

Be selective and careful when selecting the software you will use as your wallet. Always use long and complicated passwords when using the wallet software. Do not forget to activate 2fa security system!
And the most important thing is Private keys. Do not store your private key in an unprotected digital place. You can save it on paper, but don't forget the location of that paper, cuz you can't access your coins.
I prefer to store my private keys on my computer and I'm using "KeePass" software for my passwords and private keys. Highly safe and useful software that I would recommend to everyone.

All of the users should have good selecting a wallet for their sake. They will lose their money if they will not choose wallet that have high security to protect their cryptocurrencies from the hackers. Always be careful on selecting a wise wallet for your cryptocurrencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Godday

Activity: 1526
Merit: 397

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 11:41:52 PM

for me btc wallet is indeed very important, because the wallet plays an important role in saving our coins. so we also need to keep our wallets well, so that no future problems occur.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Sum24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 06:17:55 AM

Wallet security is very important to use, because our coin storage must be safe, I will use security that is very safe so that no one can break into it
Agreed mate to save our investments we will have to stay active About the security. Using those wallets can protect us from any kind of problems and it will help you store your coin for so long fearlessly. Here we have allot of online wallets but according to me the best one is only blockchain which is easy  To use and very safe.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 12:39:51 PM

Security will always be the primary concern. You should have full control over your funds. Do not let any third party to take over your funds, this will be risky for you. Its like storing in an exchange which make you no control of your funds. Open source wallet woyld always be the safest one aside from hardware. Its safe since you can detect potential vulnerability tthrough the public code available. You might try electrum for Bitcoin or HODLER for multiple conis.
babarian

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:39:05 PM

of course it is very important, a safeguard on the wallet that you have is a must or even can be said as something that is mandatory especially if you save a lot of assets in the wallet
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 07:18:59 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Yes. Everyone try to best security for their crypto wallet and they use the high-security desktop wallet and also use offline wallet.Bitcoin or other crypto wallet need to private key to access wallet and information and cannot recover your wallet. Remember that always kept your private key any safe place so you can use a phone or computer another hard disk as a result if you lost your device like phone or computer you cannot be lost your asset.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
jabrix

Activity: 397
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:33:47 AM

The steps that you all given is not I usually do to may wallet I just keep it in my backup flash drive and in my email because I don't have a lot of things to keep more secure like some new wallets that are being used by now. And I think my wallet is in a good place that won't reached by the hackers because I am very careful to some people that I used to talked to prevent from losing my investments.
Securing a bitcoin wallet is very important, because that's where all the bitcoin wealth is stored. Like a house, we must have a double safety lock, so that thieves cannot enter.
When securing a bitcoin wallet besides using a double security key, it must also be remembered and stored in a hidden place, because don't forget. Forgot to mean disaster, because we will lose everything.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:42:54 AM

The best way is to store your bitcoin or any other crypto in a hardware wallet and secure that wallet. That way, you can assure that your wallet is not online which is more susceptible from hacking and theft. Security is a must, we all know that a lot of people wants to earn easy money from stealing or hacking.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 05:04:48 AM

Your data, money or cryptocurrency is not stored on your device (phone, PC). It is on the blockchain network. You access using the private key. And the private key is already stored on your PC, phone or anywhere else.
And yes, the security of your data is very important poin. But remember, 90% security is a standard and very simple set of rules.
Why its important? Are you not afraid if your money is stolen by someone dude? whereas on the internet there are many people who have jobs as hackers? thats why security is important. You can't underestimate this, if you have experienced it, maybe you will be very concerned about this. starting from how to secure email, strong password, private key, your computer from viruses and so on
virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1161

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:26:24 AM

The steps that you all given is not I usually do to may wallet I just keep it in my backup flash drive and in my email because I don't have a lot of things to keep more secure like some new wallets that are being used by now. And I think my wallet is in a good place that won't reached by the hackers because I am very careful to some people that I used to talked to prevent from losing my investments.

If you are keeping your private keys in flash drive or email, make sure both of them are secure. If you lost your flash drive or if someone else also uses the drive, they may get hold of your keys and you can lose your coins. Similarity the email should be secured with 2fa as any hack in email address will also means that your coins are subjected to risk.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
DevilSlayer

Activity: 1414
Merit: 358

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 06:55:07 AM

Of course it is important! If you choose a wallet that doesn't have good security, there is a high chance that you can lose your tokens if you do not consider the security of the wallet. Always find a wallet that have security to protect your tokens.
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 07:02:09 AM

Of course it is important! If you choose a wallet that doesn't have good security, there is a high chance that you can lose your tokens if you do not consider the security of the wallet. Always find a wallet that have security to protect your tokens.
right, it's useless if we have a lot of assets, but our wallet is not safe, what we get is disappointment because our assets are stolen. therefore for the first time we need to pay attention to our wallets, so that no assets are collected by hard work. Then it is important to add additional security to our wallet.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
viananda2525

Activity: 1022
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:33:36 AM

right, it's useless if we have a lot of assets, but our wallet is not safe, what we get is disappointment because our assets are stolen. therefore for the first time we need to pay attention to our wallets, so that no assets are collected by hard work. Then it is important to add additional security to our wallet.
always make back our private key or another key in several places could make it more secure.if we have much asset in our wallet we have to understand how too keep it well.

setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:37:13 AM

don't underestimate the security of the wallet, wallet security is the number one, if we do not secure our wallet then all the assets we have will be lost stolen. I use all levels of security provided by the wallet, starting from Google Authenticator, email authenticator and sms authenticator..
You will realize how important wallet security is when you experience a loss because your wallet get hacked, many people experience it because they don't take their wallet security seriously, even though there are many hacking techniques that can be done, and if you don't secure your wallet like using 2fa, of course your wallet will be prone to being broken
Security is the main concern when choosing a wallet. Your assets are all dependent on what wallet you are using. Basically, when choosing a wallet it is a must to consider wether the software is open source or not. Never use close source wallet, this doesn't give you full control of your funds since yiu don't have the private key right at your hand. Open source wallet Electrum is good wallet for storing Bitcoin, but uf you have multiple kind of coin, Hodler wallet is the best to have since it is the only open source multiwallet available. The walletvalso provide encrypted backup which makes all your funds even more secure.

I am agree with you. Security on our wallet is important thing. We know many hackers trying to stole our coin or token and the best way to store our coin is using hardwallet.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 10:57:40 AM

Securing a bitcoin wallet is very important, because that's where all the bitcoin wealth is stored.
It's not all about Bitcoin but all of your assets either Bitcoin or Altcoins.

When securing a bitcoin wallet besides using a double security key, it must also be remembered and stored in a hidden place, because don't forget. Forgot to mean disaster, because we will lose everything.
And also you have to know where do you hide your key, it's silly to see that people forget about where did they hide and it becomes a mystery as the time goes.

Either the wallet's security is bad or you are clueless about how to secure your assets.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 11:07:23 AM

This is very important because I myself have had a problem with my wallet experiencing hacking. and I now use paid wallets so that my assets are secured to get a sense of security

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 12:46:00 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
without making a security for your wallet you will not be able to confident with your investment it will not been go anywhere without your permission and making more security for your wallet will be more needed and important thing in this type of market especially in Crypto field we need to more careful because some hackers will be easily access your wallet with the mistakes made by us.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:19:17 PM

This is very important because I myself have had a problem with my wallet experiencing hacking. and I now use paid wallets so that my assets are secured to get a sense of security
I don't know what wallet you were using,is that you are talking about hardware wallet?

Most of the other kind of wallets are free and safe to use when you will have the private key access.
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:28:59 PM

don't underestimate the security of the wallet, wallet security is the number one, if we do not secure our wallet then all the assets we have will be lost stolen. I use all levels of security provided by the wallet, starting from Google Authenticator, email authenticator and sms authenticator..
You will realize how important wallet security is when you experience a loss because your wallet get hacked, many people experience it because they don't take their wallet security seriously, even though there are many hacking techniques that can be done, and if you don't secure your wallet like using 2fa, of course your wallet will be prone to being broken
Security is the main concern when choosing a wallet. Your assets are all dependent on what wallet you are using. Basically, when choosing a wallet it is a must to consider wether the software is open source or not. Never use close source wallet, this doesn't give you full control of your funds since yiu don't have the private key right at your hand. Open source wallet Electrum is good wallet for storing Bitcoin, but uf you have multiple kind of coin, Hodler wallet is the best to have since it is the only open source multiwallet available. The walletvalso provide encrypted backup which makes all your funds even more secure.

I am agree with you. Security on our wallet is important thing. We know many hackers trying to stole our coin or token and the best way to store our coin is using hardwallet.
therefore now you have to keep your wallet as good as possible and use security that is difficult to crack. because the passage of time is a lot of hackers who target our wallets
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 01:35:43 PM

therefore now you have to keep your wallet as good as possible and use security that is difficult to crack. because the passage of time is a lot of hackers who target our wallets
they use a variety of ways, for example there is an email that is not clear, and we are asked to follow it, once we follow, of course our assets are immediately lost from the wallet, and there are still many methods they use, as if they have never lost their minds, even large exchanges which they crack

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: