Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:57:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is wallet security important to use?  (Read 28203 times)
zidanw

Activity: 1162
Merit: 258

1xbit.com

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:06:22 AM

very important because the case of hacking is very big now and people should understand that they should not be wrong in choosing a wallet. as we know that there are many problematic exchanges and we must be able to carefully store our assets

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████
               ████████▀▀
               ▀█▄▄▀ ▀
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
BET ON
WORLD CUP &
COLLECT TICKETS!
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
TAKE PART
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aad140386

Activity: 420
Merit: 20

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 10:39:25 AM

I believe that the problem of security of the wallets is very undervalued at the moment. A lot of people are already faced with the fact that their money is being stolen, they are losing passwords and so on. So this is when you consider that people keep a small part of the savings in cryptocurrency. And if you imagine that all the money a person will be stored in a cryptocurrency and he will lose it? How will this person continue to exist if he doesn’t even have anything to buy food for? This is a big problem. Crypto-wallets should not only be well protected, but also allow their owners to restore access to wallets in various ways. Otherwise in the future we will face big problems.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 12:04:16 PM

The title seems uncorrect .  wallet security important to use ?  Based on what i understand , we dont need to use to use wallet security . we only use the wallet . wallets security is already their working inside a wallet to protect us from potential threats  .

I believe What you are trying to say is ( " do we really need to activate the wallets extra security such as 2fa's and otp " )   its not necesary to activate them but they can add extra protection if you manage to have alot of balance .
Jesabela04

Activity: 540
Merit: 100

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 03:14:50 PM

I believe yes but the security still depends on us. To make everything sure, we should be mindful of our holdings and think of the best ways to hold it right. There are some instances where unnecessary things happen so we should just choose the safest way to keep our earnings.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 04:49:58 PM

Yes that's very much important dude, it is same as the key to your house if lost it how can you open it to get your valuable things. Same goes with the wallet too, you need to keep it in a safe place, then you must also have a usb back-up so that you can retrieve any time you want too, if ever there something happen with laptop or desktop.
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 10:13:54 PM

I believe yes but the security still depends on us. To make everything sure, we should be mindful of our holdings and think of the best ways to hold it right. There are some instances where unnecessary things happen so we should just choose the safest way to keep our earnings.
It is about holding and for this choosing a wallet, I am going to choose bitcoin to invest and for its security I am not worry at all because there are so many wallets which can keep it safe for me, wallets actually act as security guard to help us for growing our money safely, I prefer using blockchain because it is reliable to use and easy to use at any time whenever it needed.
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 08:27:44 AM

when we use a virtual currency like a wallet, we need to be extra careful, often with a wallet with a private key provided, so we must keep the things that are important to us so that others can not be burdened. And to avoid scams we should not trust much more about the things we take care of.
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:05:27 PM

for wallet security it is very important because now the hackers are still willing to target our assets, so don't underestimate the security of your wallet if you don't want to regret it later

Loopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:37:12 PM

when we use a virtual currency like a wallet, we need to be extra careful, often with a wallet with a private key provided, so we must keep the things that are important to us so that others can not be burdened. And to avoid scams we should not trust much more about the things we take care of.

You must be careful to trust people quickly for now because some people can do anything to benefit them. Do the good thing for the future that you want. I Only trust my close family to say about the wallet key that I have from a new friend
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 03:11:25 PM

more wallet security add the most safest wallet service.  this is the first idea are in my mine on the begining chosing wallet service. for some people wallet security are nesesary. but many people lose their fund if dont care about this. Choose the safest wallet service whether it's a software or hardware method and you can safe your fund for long time
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:35:20 PM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Wallet security is really important to use because you might lose all of your funds by hackers if you do not have a strong security in your wallet. The best thing to avoid theft in your wallet is by not giving any information to other people or strangers, avoid accessing your account in public, never forget you private keys, and always use wallet that has strong security like hardware wallet like ledger.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1758

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 05:50:07 PM

Maybe some of your questions have been answered, "security of the wallet", well for that your wallet security is like you are guarding your own house, a person who wants to enter and take your valuable, essentially the house key is safely guarded, never given to others as well asto your wallet wallet so that it cannot be stolen safely, if you can keep it all it is definitely safe for you.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Haxor321

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:11:10 AM

I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
The best idea to avoid theft in the wallet is by picking the right wallet that has a great security which no hacker could open it like blockchain, coinbase, and etc. You can also use hardware wallet like ledger or trezor that has more great security than online wallets because you are the only one who can access on it, you only need is to not forget your private key and misplace it.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:26:48 AM

Maybe some of your questions have been answered, "security of the wallet", well for that your wallet security is like you are guarding your own house, a person who wants to enter and take your valuable, essentially the house key is safely guarded, never given to others as well asto your wallet wallet so that it cannot be stolen safely, if you can keep it all it is definitely safe for you.

Hey yes wallet security is very important for anyone who is holding crypto's, as an unsecured wallet could be hacked and one could loose his funds. I believe people often make the mistake of sharing their wallet details with friends and family which is a big mistake according to me. Also I would suggest you to use 2fa on your wallet, that will provide you more security, and use a 16 digit passwords as it's difficult to crack it.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:57:58 AM

The best idea to avoid theft in the wallet is by picking the right wallet that has a great security which no hacker could open it like blockchain, coinbase, and etc.
Imagine using web wallets, they can easily steal your assets through web wallet. It's not the safest way to store your cryptos, especially on the internet.

You can also use hardware wallet like ledger or trezor that has more great security than online wallets because you are the only one who can access on it, you only need is to not forget your private key and misplace it.
Yea, it's easy to say. But most people are lazy to even buy these equipments, because it costs money and other shit.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 07:30:02 AM

Hey yes wallet security is very important for anyone who is holding crypto's, as an unsecured wallet could be hacked and one could loose his funds. I believe people often make the mistake of sharing their wallet details with friends and family which is a big mistake according to me. Also I would suggest you to use 2fa on your wallet, that will provide you more security, and use a 16 digit passwords as it's difficult to crack it.
right, with an additional security of 2fa it will give us a feeling of security. after all, a wallet is a bank for our assets, so I think this is the first time we have to secure it, before accumulating assets

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 08:02:04 AM

I think anyone investing a significant amount into cryptocurrencies should consider a hardware wallet, thus making theft much more difficult due to its encryption of private keys. It can be very comforting to know that a hardare wallet is immune to even a compromised computer.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:00:16 AM

I think anyone investing a significant amount into cryptocurrencies should consider a hardware wallet, thus making theft much more difficult due to its encryption of private keys. It can be very comforting to know that a hardare wallet is immune to even a compromised computer.
There are users who prefer long term holding. It is good to have a hardware wallet unlike the investment volume. Keeping a hardware wallet will ensure the security in a higher level. With cryptocurrency wallets serve as our own banks.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:07:42 AM

Certainly very important because the wallet is security for our assets. if our assets are able to be accessed, the potential inside is potentially stolen, therefore we must be careful in storing our assets to get a sense of security.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 11:43:05 AM

Even if you don't hold large portions of crypto a hardware wallet is essential.
You are not afraid that you will get phised by any website and this is the main source of scamming nowadays. I bought a hardware wallet along with my first crypto purchase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: