Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 09:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26201 times)
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:21:26 PM

I still think that it is dangerous to participate in bounty and especially in airdrop companies that require the passage of KYC. But really only some of these projects are scams. Your data can be used by scammers, so you should think carefully before participating in such projects.

ElnurBash

Activity: 224
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:23:11 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
i thojk taht ypu can choose what ege you want ans that is why here is the kingdom of freeedom here and do not worry a lot
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:24:53 PM

I don't like KYC for bounty campaign and I think it's absurd to ask for airdrops but unfortunately most of projects now requires KYC so you have to choose: if you won't do KYC you will not receive tokens, on the other side if you do and project reveals a scam you gave your personal data and id to perfect strangers and scammers.... Angry Angry
agentx44

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:32:23 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
The reason why ICO projects ask for kyc to avoid multiple accounts and cheaters, but some projects ask for kyc to steal your informations, that is why a lot of people hate kyc because it is risky. Kyc also don't gives you anything you just submit it in exchange for your rewards.
sergei1703

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:44:35 PM

KYC gives nothing to investor, but it gives ICO campaigns more confident in order to prevent scam situations with stolen money, like offshore.
qwerty1337

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:46:30 PM

I believe that KYC should be passed before the company, so that later there would be no problems. I like that more and more companies are demanding KYC, so bots can be eliminated.

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 09:06:28 PM

Know Your Client gives me nothing in return.

The Team developer will just get my information and copy of MY ID>

KYC is just better for them as they can see people who must not connected to them!

But aside from that nothing more, KYC is not healthy for investors!
Yes, KYC seems to be healthy for investors because we had the issues of data linkage and selling of KYC participant information last year but the only thing I see in KYC is that it the government way of regulating the market/control crypto currency, keeping the market clean of unnecessary transaction. However, I believe the government can still do that with or without the KYC.

dimerasd

Activity: 406
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 09:10:22 PM

I think that KYC on the one hand will help in the development of cryptocurrency, there will be more trust due to regulation, and on the other hand, the cryptocurrency will lose its chip
Adunni6758

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:11:02 PM

KYC for some projects is mandatory and if you must join, then you must be ready to comply with their terms and conditions. If you are not ready to do any kyc, there are so many projects that will not ask for it. Then that a project is asking you to do kyc, does not mean it is legit or authentic,which mean you must also do research of every project you wish to go with and comply on such.
white_star

Activity: 165
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:26:06 PM

KYC for some projects is mandatory and if you must join, then you must be ready to comply with their terms and conditions. If you are not ready to do any kyc, there are so many projects that will not ask for it. Then that a project is asking you to do kyc, does not mean it is legit or authentic,which mean you must also do research of every project you wish to go with and comply on such.
For me, KYC can lead us to risk with our personal information that they can able to look or get something with our IP address, it's not necessarily that it goods to have KYC because as certain time this technology is decentralzed and we're just anonymous here.

AFROCHAIN - The First Decentralized Blockchain for Africa
Revolusi Ecosystem For Seamless Crypto and Investments
claus-rich

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:27:14 PM

I try to avoid KYC because I don’t like the fact that I lose my anonymity in crypto. I think this procedure is dangerous.

papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 10:56:30 PM

That's the problem with KYC, that many bounty campaigns require KYC to pass only after the end of the bounty campaign, which allows them to save a huge amount of money on those participants who could not get through to KYC.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
nwanne

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:01:20 PM

Well doing KYC should depend on you, but passing KYC means you are giving the team your personal information, if anything goes wrong or it get hacked, your personal information could be sold at dark web

▬▬  The FASTEST and MOST SECURE Token Exchange  ▬▬  https://ico.ethershift.co  ▬▬
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:01:42 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 02:32:04 AM by bitcoin31

We don't know. Because for me as investor of ICO it's not safe for me because possible they will use our information to other bad activity like if the ICO is scam. But in bounty hunters is possible to become useful because if can prevent bounty hunters join in one bounty.
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:21:36 PM

Well doing KYC should depend on you, but passing KYC means you are giving the team your personal information, if anything goes wrong or it get hacked, your personal information could be sold at dark web
KYC gives me pressure because I'm thinking for my money which it can goes to risks because it might loss due to the informations, I'm just hoping that it will not having because this technology is just anonymous here.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:28:21 PM

I think the kyc of a thing have a bad contribution to the crypto project than the good, like we already believe that there are of scam coin out there trying ripp people off their money so why creating more chances for them to go deeper by have your information in the name of kyc, some people will be tell you it's good if the project is legit now tell me how do you know if real it was.
So I think we should avoid that if not, I heard of a Chinese boy sell over five thousand 5k kyc required details to people. Can you imagine

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
Akpuv

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 11:32:27 PM

KYC is totally not okay in cryptocurrency generally and  completely unnecessary when it even comes to airdrops and bounties. I can't imagine compelling someone to do KYC for just $5 airdrop.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
dimonarka

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:38:31 PM

KYC doesn't give me anything. This is an extra loss of time and effort. but many companies can also be understood. it reduces the risk of fraud
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:50:23 PM

Kyc is one of the requirement that has always been ask for us to get our rewards if we are one of the bounty participants in the project campaign. Aside from that it is also required in most of the exchange for us to get our profit also according to my understanding too. But honestly, I'm not agree with this rules but I do nothing due to I need profit.
Gabali126

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:54:20 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2018, 12:33:32 AM by Gabali126

KYC has never done me any good. Waste of time. For campaigns where there is no tangible reward, I wouldn't mind ignoring the KYC process.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: