Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What does KYC gives you ?  (Read 26198 times)
IndianaJons

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:26:54 PM

The worst option that I present is that your documents can be used as drops. But this is only if you come across a fraudulent project that requires the passage of KYC, but now mostly only good projects require the passage of KYC.

At the stage of submission of documents it is very difficult to define a fraudulent project or not. No one guarantees that your documents will not be used for criminal purposes.
In addition, why project developers do not lay out their documents for all to see for investors?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
internacrypto

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:32:52 PM

I have read about KYC, this is risky. We have to give identity to them.
If the project is not good, all of the data member used for crime.
The government need to create Organisation for completing the KYC, then all of the project who need KYC is only visit the government office
Sanugarid

Activity: 1442
Merit: 153

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 10:43:14 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
In my opinion, KYC promotes fairness among participants since it would limit those who are using multiple accounts to participate which is not allowed. Although it would take time sending your information, it would still be for the participants. Those who are complaining are more likely the ones who are not following the rules particularly with multiple accounts.

evanescence

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2018, 10:44:22 PM

Hi.can someone tell me if KYC is ok ? what could be the effects of doing it especially in bounties/airdrops, they are requiring to pass KYC before joining
I think many people abused the airdrops, joining from multiple accounts.
So it makes sense that devs want to prevent this.
It might also be a legal issues in certain jurisdictions

superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 11:14:44 PM

I think many people abused the airdrops, joining from multiple accounts.
So it makes sense that devs want to prevent this.
It might also be a legal issues in certain jurisdictions
I think that to pass KYC for the same bounty of companies, or at least airdrop, you can always use the documents of your friends who know what you are doing. So this option is unlikely, at least ineffective.
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

www.codex.one

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 12:08:42 AM

If you're just doing some basic jobs like bounty hunting, promoting an ICO, just like that, there is a less chance the the KYC is needed but if the ICO is really strict in country's regulation, you have to follow it. But if you are an investor, it is highly needed to pass KYC in order to prove that your investment is legal.

Lolox

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 02:46:58 AM

The acquisition of tokens through the KYC system does not guarantee that the value will be high. All that is just the system given to the project, which does not have a major influence on the quality of tokens. Many tokens without the KYC system can provide high value and can exist in the long term. While the tokens from KYC are not small, the value is mediocre or low. KYC only helps the program to run smoothly and cleanly from participants who cheat.

P A R A M O U N T ▬▬  DAX  ▬▬                    Digital E X C H A N G E
██ [   We have a license   ◾ F V R 0 0 0 3 6 3   ◾ F R K 0 0 0 3 0 4   ] ██
WHITEPAPER   ◥ bitcointalk   ◥ twitter   ◥ facebook      | ► JOIN NOW
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:52:06 AM

When you join some ICO project, it is normal when we have to complete the KYC progress to buy token but I still do not understand why do they ask us to provide information and how do they use our information? Or is it simply a form of ICO? Because they can not use our information like facebook or google. To me, kyc does not affect me so much because the decision still depends on me.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 09:57:17 AM

Legitimately, kyc gives you nothing than letting the company you are dealing with know you by your personal information which is absolutely right but these days frauds full almost everywhere and that would make you think twice before uploading your own personal information in the name of KYC.
hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:53:33 AM

I will never take part in an Airdrop that requires KYC, because I find it pretty useless. But it could be very helpful to detect cheaters and scammers during bounties, because a lot of people are using multi accounts to trick the team.
I don't feel it's good to have a KYC because it can be on risks all our personal information that might know the IP address .For me, I just gotta go with no KYC just for the security of my earnings.

pidie

Activity: 639
Merit: 18

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 10:57:09 AM

In my opinion. the purpose of requiring KYC is to ensure the identity of participants who want to join and buy coins. so that the buyer's identity is clear and transparent.
pokxon

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 11:01:07 AM

I think that's not a big deal. I accept this to receive my reward as long as it is of great value. Currently, many bounty campaigns require KYC, so this is what you have to do before receiving your reward.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Guider.travel  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Babayan

Activity: 546
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 11:02:41 AM

KYC gives me the understanding that the project I want to invest in is keep the rules of the government, so that I don't affraid about violation of the rules.

I AM ALIVE AND AMPLIFIED
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2018, 12:00:39 PM

I think KYC has its own advantages and disadvantages. Its main purpose is for security reasons and for regulation. For the part of the developer, they will have an idea about their investors. For the part of the investors, they will provide some personal informations and it might cause some privacy issues. For bounty hunters, its a little bit of a hustle for them because they need to pass it unlile before which is very anonymous.

terible.hunter

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:07:35 PM

Until now, the Bounty project that uses KYC is better for me to avoid. Because they are very risky, they ask for my personal data and I also don't know them. Especially with the current conditions of many fake ICO projects. So as a bounty hunter I have to be careful about that.
Caution should be not only for hunters, I can confidently say that even investors are concerned, because today investors are exposed to major problems from the tax authorities, which today have access to making any fines.

Ximoandali

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:52:08 PM

KYC gives me the understanding that the project I want to invest in is keep the rules of the government, so that I don't affraid about violation of the rules.
Not always the project with kyc comply with the rules of the government, you still need to check their documents to accurately everything was with the documents, but of course projects with kyc are often more successful than without it!

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
terible.hunter

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:42:03 PM

I understood in general that many people are against this procedure, but why they go through it, although I think that they do not go through it quite the way the developers want, but you know what I mean, I think that there are not legal documents.

Dacosta Osei-Tutu

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 04:50:56 PM

It is better you to keep your personal data than to give it out for some shit coins. Most of the airdrops that request for personal information from participants even end up not listed on exchanges.
SarangWallet

Activity: 411

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:02:57 PM

I think KYC is not too important, especially for bounty and Airdrop participants. I further agree that KYC is used for investors so they do not lose investor money.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 05:13:18 PM

Big trouble if handed to wrong person. Project owners should first reveal their identification and then ask it from investors.
KYC will only push people away from crypto and crypto lost its purpose. We gave banks right to make rules and this just isn't something satoshi created.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: