Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AntMinerS4 $1250 Bitmain's Official Partner - Official North America Distributor  (Read 68426 times)
AndrewK

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 01:34:31 PM

Dynamic host configuration protocol.... hands out IP addresses dynamically instead of having to manage them all statically.

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shiunsai

Activity: 759
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:25:35 PM

Dynamic host configuration protocol.... hands out IP addresses dynamically instead of having to manage them all statically.

Ohhhh okay, just got back from bestbuy to replace the PSU and now miner is running but DUMB me, i left my motherboard custom switch by Cablez on the PSU and i had those wires so chopped up and messed up, otherwise I'd call back, guess cablez is gonna make me another Tongue.   paperclip and electrical tape is so yesterday.
tmwsiy

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

Ohhhh okay, just got back from bestbuy to replace the PSU and now miner is running but DUMB me, i left my motherboard custom switch by Cablez on the PSU and i had those wires so chopped up and messed up, otherwise I'd call back, guess cablez is gonna make me another Tongue.   paperclip and electrical tape is so yesterday.

I use a very small length of fairly thick (14 gauge) solid core copper wire. Long enough to, when bent in a "U", make good connection into the plug on the PSU Then using a small pair of diagonal cutting pliers to make a point on either end. Shove that in the proper pins and tape up. Safe, solid, and basically free (ok well .14 if you have to go to hardwware store and buy a foot of wire).
shiunsai

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:41:08 PM

^Sorry I never got up with you to teamview. You can setup dhcp on these but if the ethernet ports are physically disabled on your router it won't help.

I'm gonna bet that there is some sort of setting that either turns them on or that is not allowing you to connect with static IPs not entered into a table.

When you plug in an antminer into one of the ethernet ports do any lights turn on on the ant and do any lights turn on on the router? If so I think you should try setting up DHCP.

To do this, set the WAN up to a different subnet than the LAN... i.e. if your network that you are trying to connect to is 192.168.1.1 set the WAN to 192.168.5.1... Then set the lan to 192.168.1.1 and enable DHCP on it. This is important. If the WAN and LAN are set to the same subnet it will not work.

Let me know if this helps.

no lights on either end Sad if i could somehow get internet on my dd-wrt, i could use that? but for some reason, my dd-wrt won't get internet
tmwsiy

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:07:53 PM

^Sorry I never got up with you to teamview. You can setup dhcp on these but if the ethernet ports are physically disabled on your router it won't help.

I'm gonna bet that there is some sort of setting that either turns them on or that is not allowing you to connect with static IPs not entered into a table.

When you plug in an antminer into one of the ethernet ports do any lights turn on on the ant and do any lights turn on on the router? If so I think you should try setting up DHCP.

To do this, set the WAN up to a different subnet than the LAN... i.e. if your network that you are trying to connect to is 192.168.1.1 set the WAN to 192.168.5.1... Then set the lan to 192.168.1.1 and enable DHCP on it. This is important. If the WAN and LAN are set to the same subnet it will not work.

no lights on either end Sad if i could somehow get internet on my dd-wrt, i could use that? but for some reason, my dd-wrt won't get internet

I has been awhile but I remember somewhere in dd-wrt where you can turn off and on ethernet ports. Can you check this?

Also what exactly do you mean when you say dd-wrt does not get internet?

PS - I know I am considered a villain because of my low post count but I want neither btc nor to access your machine, just trying to help
InfiniteGrim

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:55:28 PM

Any idea on when you are getting more?Huh
Pcpoet

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrency Rules man!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:10:37 PM

Any idea on when you are getting more?Huh

Same here, when you getting more?

“Yabba Dabba Doo!!”- Fred Flintstone
shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:13:28 AM

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:19:16 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 01:29:37 AM by shiunsai

I has been awhile but I remember somewhere in dd-wrt where you can turn off and on ethernet ports. Can you check this?

PS - I know I am considered a villain because of my low post count but I want neither btc nor to access your machine, just trying to help

I doubt you not and I appreciate your help. Today I downloaded the firmware for v2 for my dd-wrt and actually at one point was able to connect laptop to my dd-wrt with my laptops wireless off of course and get internet. but it lasted briefly and i was unable to locate the router settings and then it went downhill from there. Should anything be in the "internet" port ethernetwise of the dd-wrt, I have been using slot one for basically everything. But when my computer wasn't connected via ethernet to my dd-wrt, i could not locate the miner setup site or the dd-wrt site.

One more question, I have two miners on a 750w corsair, and one miner on a 520w dynex (temporary)   once in a while, the miner still, make second long beeps  3-4 seconds apart, green light blinkds, not flashes like when mining.  what does this mean? It does not sound like no internet so I do not know Sad
Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:21:11 AM

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

There are threads for help and troubleshooting. Any reason you keep posting here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355387.0

Greaterninja, any idea when you'll be getting stock in?
shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:31:22 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:27:35 AM by shiunsai

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

There are threads for help and troubleshooting. Any reason you keep posting here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344970.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355387.0

Greaterninja, any idea when you'll be getting stock in?

Oh, well, figured it out anyways and I've met a lot of great and real nice people on this thread too when I have small issues they can cover. Anyways, I figured one of my psu's to have more power leftover so I mixed and matched a few of the pci express's, and its straight now.

TY for links.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 01:58:00 AM

Are your others doing Diff 64 or Diff 256 ?
shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:27:59 AM

how do i know/change? haha
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:34:53 AM

Can anyone explain or help me get a higher hash rate for this  miner? both my others are ~175

how do i know/change? haha

Your pool SHOULD do that automatically,Eligius does  Wink

If your on a pool that doesn't or your not sure....move & get to one that does...it's called PROGRESS  Cheesy

I still think that chain 2 isn't up to full speed,that temp (35C) looks like an indicator...at least to me  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
tmwsiy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:40:51 AM

I doubt you not and I appreciate your help. Today I downloaded the firmware for v2 for my dd-wrt and actually at one point was able to connect laptop to my dd-wrt with my laptops wireless off of course and get internet. but it lasted briefly and i was unable to locate the router settings and then it went downhill from there. Should anything be in the "internet" port ethernetwise of the dd-wrt, I have been using slot one for basically everything. But when my computer wasn't connected via ethernet to my dd-wrt, i could not locate the miner setup site or the dd-wrt site.

One more question, I have two miners on a 750w corsair, and one miner on a 520w dynex (temporary)   once in a while, the miner still, make second long beeps  3-4 seconds apart, green light blinkds, not flashes like when mining.  what does this mean? It does not sound like no internet so I do not know Sad

If you want to have internet being served through your dd-wrt then the easiest thing would be to have your other router plugged into the internet port (not the only way or even best way but easiest) but I am not even clear exactly how many routers you have to be honest.

It sounds like you would be best served to invest in another wireless router and start from the ground up and see if that makes a difference (ie save receipt)

I think a 750w is cutting it a little close for two, esp if you want to get them anywhere near 200 Gh/s. My initial guess would be its PSU output related.
BitcoinBud44

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:31:56 AM

Very interested in these!

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
grimmb

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 11:42:38 AM

Does anyone know if they will be restocked?
shiunsai

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 02:51:04 PM

If you want to have internet being served through your dd-wrt then the easiest thing would be to have your other router plugged into the internet port (not the only way or even best way but easiest) but I am not even clear exactly how many routers you have to be honest.

It sounds like you would be best served to invest in another wireless router and start from the ground up and see if that makes a difference (ie save receipt)

I think a 750w is cutting it a little close for two, esp if you want to get them anywhere near 200 Gh/s. My initial guess would be its PSU output related.

Woke up today withall three of them hashing, none of them went down or nothing yay!! but yeah, definitely can't wait until my corsair is comes in..... what I am thinking is overclocking two, one each PSU, then the remaining antminer, leave it un-overclocked and use the one remaining pci express from each PSU to power that up, yes no? 

I would plug my wireless router or another wireless router into but the problem is, my main router, which is a combined modem/router, the ethernet ports don't work, no lights on either when when plugged in, i might have to reset it or mess with its settings, but i've hated that router/modem combo ever since cox stuck it with me without asking or anything.
tmwsiy

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 04:18:08 PM

Woke up today withall three of them hashing, none of them went down or nothing yay!! but yeah, definitely can't wait until my corsair is comes in..... what I am thinking is overclocking two, one each PSU, then the remaining antminer, leave it un-overclocked and use the one remaining pci express from each PSU to power that up, yes no? 

I would plug my wireless router or another wireless router into but the problem is, my main router, which is a combined modem/router, the ethernet ports don't work, no lights on either when when plugged in, i might have to reset it or mess with its settings, but i've hated that router/modem combo ever since cox stuck it with me without asking or anything.

As far as your PSU's go... That sounds like it would work. I shoot for 80%-90% loading on mine. Pick up a kill-a-watt they are invaluable.

OK I would call Cox and tell them your ethernet ports don't work on their box. They should be able to guide you to the right setting or get you another box that works.
Archimage

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 01:15:54 AM

Why don't ppl just get some cheap ATX PSU terminators, and use them instead of spending the money on one with a switch, or using a paperclip?   Easy, Cheap, and work great.

http://imgur.com/VekUjlz
http://www.frys.com/product/6489932
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: