UFC - 17 (18.1%)
KED - 16 (17%)
GPL - 27 (28.7%)
QBT - 5 (5.3%)
OFF - 6 (6.4%)
DPZ - 3 (3.2%)
UFO - 20 (21.3%)
Total Voters: 94

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek Crypto Coin thread - Big changes are coming!!  (Read 40154 times)
MobGod

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 06:48:33 AM

can we get a update on GPL please been more than two days now

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 08:11:07 AM

Gotta put a stake on the ground!

2nd round of private beta testing is targeted within the next 2 weeks. This time we will be trading real currency, so it will be a soft launch. The only reason this is private is to limit exposure of potential issues.

Current beta testers will be prioritized, and may get some advantage. If you are interested in participating, you'd have to register at scificointalk.com, and apply to the beta program: http://scificointalk.com/index.php/topic,12.15.html

In the absence of catastrophic disasters, general launch should be no longer than mid Feb.

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 09:41:28 AM

can we get a update on GPL please been more than two days now

What about it?
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:46:51 PM

typed setgenerate true into my darsek wallet, it crashed now it won't load. gives me a runtime error. can anyone help?

Restart your computer. There is still a Darsek thread running. If you want to solo mine in Windows, Download the latest zip, it contains the Darsek daemon which does not have these issues.

The latest upload to the Google drive now includes the Windows version of the command line daemon, darsekd.exe.

The daemon does exhibit the fake "crash" when used to solo mine.

To use: simply open up a command window. navigate to the directory where the executable has been placed.

Use the command:
Code:
start /b darsekd.exe
to start.

To send commands type:
Code:
 darsekd.exe <command>
for example
Code:
darsekd.exe getinfo

To get a list of commands:
Code:
darsekd.exe help

To stop the daemon
Code:
darsekd.exe stop

I guess I can give a small update now:

I am getting closer to the cause of these Windows errors. These Windows errors have been my main project since Darsek relaunched. Day and Night. Up to 4 compile environments now. I have narrowed it down to the exception handling system in C++ vs. QT. The daemon appears to work because exception handling is done purely through C++.
When cgminer first connects to the daemon, it appears to send an invalid (in todays standards) getwork JSON request. The client/daemon then throws a JSONRpc error. Outside this Windows/QT issue, the exception is handled and  the correct getwork information is sent to cgminer.
I have now learned there are 3 variants of MinGW, each handles exceptions differently. However because the daemon runs fine and is compiled with the MinGW I am using, this has to be a QT issue.

Right now, pretty much anything that throws an exception will fake"crash" the Windows QT client as the exception is not being handled by Qt and works it way completely out of the application causing Windows C++ to throw the "application shut down" error.

Thanks for your hard work dream! I can no longer run the wallet at all, let alone mine. I have around 3000 darsek in the wallet and cannot do anything. Sad
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:33:30 PM

Thanks for your time, Dreamwatcher and keep up the good work!

Scrappy Do, here's how to solo mine Darsek under windows thanks to Dream releasing the darsekd daemon. You can do everything by opening up two command prompts.

First, backup your wallet.dat file in case something screws up!

Using windows explorer, hold shift down and right click on the directory where the darsek client is installed. You should now see on the menu "open command window here"; do that twice. In one window type: "darsekd -daemon" (no quotes). This will start the daemon. Let it run, it will appear like it's not doing anything and that's normal; you can minimize that window now to get it out of your way. At this point you don't need the second window and can just launch cgminer or whatever to begin soloing (give it time to sync).

The other window I use for the json commands like: "darsekd getinfo", this will show your balance, new mint, difficulty, etc. Type: "darsekd help" to get the full list of commands just like you would inside the wallet console.

Doing this there are no crashes and if you want to send coins you could use the commands but I'm lazy and close the command prompts and stop mining. I then launch the windows qt wallet just for transfers or to scream: QAPLA!

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:42:49 PM

Thanks for your hard work dream! I can no longer run the wallet at all, let alone mine. I have around 3000 darsek in the wallet and cannot do anything. Sad

Did you at least have a backup of your wallet.dat? Please back it up.

Once you do that, you can always try an older version of the client. But what's the actual error that you see? Some details always help.

ffirriff

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:57:49 PM

Unfocus ., looking forward to seeing the exchange and I would love to participate in any way I can. ps I was thinking about quarks bar on deep space nine something similar would make a neat look to an exchange but its just a thought. thanks for the post.
MobGod

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 07:39:56 PM

Gpl pool down???
Dream I seen a post about three or four days ago saying that there is going to be a update?

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 10:24:34 PM

Gpl pool down???
Dream I seen a post about three or four days ago saying that there is going to be a update?

Looks like the server was reset. I can tell because my screen sessions were gone. I am in the process of getting it backup, mostly just waiting for the GPL daemon to get caught up and start accepting RPC connections.
MobGod

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:25:20 PM

Gpl pool down???

Looks like the server was reset. I can tell because my screen sessions were gone. I am in the process of getting it backup, mostly just waiting for the GPL daemon to get caught up and start accepting RPC connections.

ok dream what about this issue i know more than one person is having with the GPL wallet, if we stop the wallet and try to start it again it will not sync at all we need to delete the block chain and start all over again.. Also tried to compile it on OSX and get nothing but errors going to use paste bin
http://pastebin.com/6HLEHvCN

also looks like the GPL github is down

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 12:34:24 AM

Gpl pool down???

ok dream what about this issue i know more than one person is having with the GPL wallet, if we stop the wallet and try to start it again it will not sync at all we need to delete the block chain and start all over again.. Also tried to compile it on OSX and get nothing but errors going to use paste bin

1. You are the first to mention to me. I have not done anything with the original GPL code other then add checkpoints and change the alert key.

2. I cannot support OSX at this time. I have no MAC systems and zero experience working with MAC OS. Somebody else will have to take up compiling for MAC from Github.

3. If there was an issue, it was on Githubs end, I have done nothing with the GPL github since the last update.

At this time GPL is further down the list as Darsek and UFC have much larger problems at this time. Remember, I am one person, handling the coin client/daemon development for all three sci-fi coins, running 3 pools, running CCE and the CCE3 project and the official developer for JKC coin!!

MobGod

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:13:37 AM

Gpl pool down???

1. You are the first to mention to me. I have not done anything with the original GPL code other then add checkpoints and change the alert key.

2. I cannot support OSX at this time. I have no MAC systems and zero experience working with MAC OS. Somebody else will have to take up compiling for MAC from Github.

3. If there was an issue, it was on Githubs end, I have done nothing with the GPL github since the last update.

At this time GPL is further down the list as Darsek and UFC have much larger problems at this time. Remember, I am one person, handling the coin client/daemon development for all three sci-fi coins, running 3 pools, running CCE and the CCE3 project and the official developer for JKC coin!!

Holy Shit man you might have to quit your job thanks for all the hard work
Dream i know it's happened to a couple other people with the GPL wallet on linux if they close it and try to open it again the wallet does not connect

jonoiv

Activity: 966
Merit: 526

🐺Dogs for President🐺

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:26:19 AM

Gpl pool down???

Have you tried just deleting the peers.dat file and then restarting the client? I have a similar (but not the same) issue with DPS.    Angry

I want to update people on DPS.  It will be a relaunched.  Roll Eyes I am working on the new coin and hope to have it ready before the next phase of the scificryptocoin exchange is ready, but it won't be rushed  Tongue

Signature for hire!
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:31:46 AM

Jonoiv, any ETA?

And did the N factor of GPL just go up again?

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:32:47 AM

***Major Update***

After reciting the right ritual, sacrificing the correct animal and standing on my head at the exact right time........

I have compiled a Windows Darsek QT binary that properly handles exceptions, and can be used to solo mine error free.

I have some touch up items to take care and then the cosmetic fixes.

I predict within the next couple of days the new update will be out, as long as I do not anger the Windows QT, MinGW, miniupnpnc, boost, Berkley DB compiler gods.

As an added bonus, this build is a static build which means it consists of only the executable and the separate DLL's are not needed.

More news as it becomes available.

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:58:01 AM

We've got a world class coin developer here   Wink

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:26:15 AM

does anyone spam the one of xchanger like bter, scrypt to add our coins?
note: please dont add it to shjt exchange like openex, coinex, coinedup.
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 06:17:09 AM

does anyone spam the one of xchanger like bter, scrypt to add our coins?
note: please dont add it to shjt exchange like openex, coinex, coinedup.

No we are not ScifiCryptocoins is making it's own exchange.
pic of early beta ver

now in mid beta, final is soon then release

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 06:25:01 AM

Very funny, I already took a snapshot of the exchange and just about to post it!
The problem was that my snapshot shows the chat line when you mentions about bubs bugs  Grin

Guys, the exchange is coming soon! I am thinking maybe 2 weeks max. I am ordering servers at the moment!!

One thing we need from the community is a lot marketing helps from everyone. This means making a lot of noise and reach out to every corners! The more exposure we have, the better launch we get, the better values our coins get.

Dream and I are working very hard for these coins, we need help with the noise!

Lets turn on the music!!

Who let the Doges Targs out?? Who?! Who?! Who?! Who?!!!

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 08:16:40 AM

Scifi Coin Exchange, launching in 2 weeks:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408284.0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: