UFC - 17 (18.1%)
KED - 16 (17%)
GPL - 27 (28.7%)
QBT - 5 (5.3%)
OFF - 6 (6.4%)
DPZ - 3 (3.2%)
UFO - 20 (21.3%)
Total Voters: 94

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Trek Crypto Coin thread - Big changes are coming!!  (Read 40154 times)
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:34:55 PM

I came, I saw....I kicked its ass  Cool  (It's amazing what a good lunch and cranking up the Doors can do for ones thought process)

Problem solved, just had a successful coin redistribution and reclaim test. Ahead maximum warp.

New Development:

The UFC relaunch **MAY** be delayed. In every coin I have dealt with so far, no matter the hashing algo, address key pairs were created the same way using a SHA256 method.

Blakecoin, for better or worse, has changed that and uses blake256 to create the key pairs. This is incompatible with the current UFC addresses. This would not be an issue except for the redemption program.

I am currently working on changing the key-pair creation back to the common sha256 method.

More news as it becomes available.

Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 08:49:45 PM

I came, I saw....I kicked its ass  Cool  (It's amazing what a good lunch and cranking up the Doors can do for ones thought process)

Problem solved, just had a successful coin redistribution and reclaim test. Ahead maximum warp.

New Development:

The UFC relaunch **MAY** be delayed. In every coin I have dealt with so far, no matter the hashing algo, address key pairs were created the same way using a SHA256 method.

Blakecoin, for better or worse, has changed that and uses blake256 to create the key pairs. This is incompatible with the current UFC addresses. This would not be an issue except for the redemption program.

I am currently working on changing the key-pair creation back to the common sha256 method.

More news as it becomes available.

You DO kick ass man!  Most devs can't handle 1 coin, let alone 3, lol  Grin  Hands down, one of, if not the best alt-dev I've seen!

You have my support  Cool
unfocus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 08:57:45 PM

I was holding my breath because I just announced that the exchange was launching this weekend before I saw the problem announced.

Good news! Another Dream Works Grin

SCIFICOINS 4 LIFE Trading at SciiFI Coin Ex https://www.scifi-ex.com
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

I was holding my breath because I just announced that the exchange was launching this weekend before I saw the problem announced.

and works like a dream.  (Go KED-GPL-UFC!)

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:39:18 AM

I am fully with this! I am not sure of UFC tho. if asics are allowed. and to be straight up I have 77gh/s now, and 10 th/s coming, I feel it will devalue all the work  I have done. I am proud of my 367k UFC, but for someone to come in here and slam it all that work/energy/belief is shot.
dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 12:50:48 AM

Latest UFC relaunch Update:

Linux daemon tests - (Connecting - Send/Receive - Mining - Wallet Conversion * ) - PASS

Linux QT Client -  (Connecting - Send/Receive - Mining - Wallet Conversion * ) - PASS

Windows QT -  (Connecting - Send/Receive - Mining - Wallet Conversion * ) - PASS

* Wallet Conversion is going to work a bit different. Due to some changes in the way the DB environment is initialized (Technical explanation and kinda dumb IMO), one will need to use the salvagewallet switch manually.

If one tries to use an old wallet with the new client without having run the wallet with the salvagewallet switch once, the client will lock/crash. However, after running the client/daemon with the switch on the old wallet, conversion works great and the switch is no longer needed.

Basically, I could not get an auto detect and run salvage wallet to work with the way the DB environment is set up in the initialization routine. Auto redistribute is still a go, people will just need to run salvagewallet manually.

Linux users sure in the hell better know how to use a switch (--salvagewallet)  Wink

I will include a .bat file with the Windows version to make it easier for those who do not know how to run a program from the command line with a switch.

Left to do:

Increase minimum difficulty. The way the starting difficulty is set now, one of my rigs can completely tear up the network. This coin does not use a PPC style difficulty adjustment. Instead it adjusts every 30 minutes. At this low difficulty it would take some time to hit the proper difficulty and I can hear the screams now of "instamine".

Fix windows program icon and fix some of the "about information"

More news as it comes.

mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:00:18 AM

What are you using to mine? Will current blakecoin miners pointed to a UFC wallet solo mine?

Will a UFC pool be up?

I have a outstanding order where I have my Dollarpound and Darsek pools for a blakecoin pool but they can't seem to get it to work yet I hope to switch it to UFC.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:05:19 AM

I am fully with this! I am not sure of UFC tho. if asics are allowed. and to be straight up I have 77gh/s now, and 10 th/s coming, I feel it will devalue all the work  I have done. I am proud of my 367k UFC, but for someone to come in here and slam it all that work/energy/belief is shot.

Blake will NOT run on ASIC. there are CPU/GPU miners and some FPGA miners also (FPGA is ~400MH/s -~1.5GH/s depending on device) so it is very unlikely for it to be slammed.

total Blakecoin is running ~87GH/s total. ( I have ~2GH/s that is down right now so call it 90GH/s)

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 01:14:42 AM

Would it still launch tonight?

dreamwatcher (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 02:56:00 AM

What are you using to mine? Will current blakecoin miners pointed to a UFC wallet solo mine?

Will a UFC pool be up?

I have a outstanding order where I have my Dollarpound and Darsek pools for a blakecoin pool but they can't seem to get it to work yet I hope to switch it to UFC.

Yes, I am using the kr105 modified CGminer for testing with no alterations.

The Pool will be up a day or so after release, I have been to busy with the coin itself to do any real work on the pool yet.

Would it still launch tonight?

Maybe, waiting on generating the new genesis block with the increased Difficulty. At the latest in the morning, but I could see launching tonight, depends on how tired I get. Don't forget I also have to mine the first 120 blocks to have the chain ready for wallet redemption.

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 03:19:32 AM

Hi Dream,

I understand that 120 blocks @ 1 min is 2 hours, so that's quite tough!
But can I have an early peek at the code and an addnode so that I can compile and test in the server?
If not, then tomorrow it is. Jonoiv hasn't send me DPZ code either, sigh.. Sad

mogrith
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:06:48 AM

Ok I already have a miner then. it's mining BLC right now with my GPU so I can solo mine once you are ready. I can also add to my VPS I've complied blakecoin on it so UFC should also. having nodes would be a good idea.

Just want to help not push you  Smiley

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 04:48:05 AM

To my surprise, I just got my first KED POS coins! Smiley

And guess what, I need to move coins for the giveaway soon Sad

Scooby903

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:16:32 AM

To my surprise, I just got my first KED POS coins! Smiley

And guess what, I need to move coins for the giveaway soon Sad

Awwww....  Grin
unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:19:49 AM

Exchange will open Saturday for sure! Cheesy

MobGod

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:28:13 AM

Can someone also give me the heads up on this so i can start the wallet would be good to have more than one node!!!!!

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
MobGod

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:34:51 AM

btw why don't we get people in the channel #scificoin on irc.freenode.net 
would be nice to chat with everyone and get points of view etc......

MobGod

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:36:40 AM

Question will the accounts registered now work or is this process going to start all over now?

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:37:28 AM

btw why don't we get people in the channel #scificoin on irc.freenode.net  
would be nice to chat with everyone and get points of view etc......

very true.

But the exchange has a chat engine too, no need for an extra client, just your browser. Smiley

unfocus

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 07:37:56 AM

Question will the accounts registered now work or is this process going to start all over now?

Start over, not even the same domain.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: