Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:25:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TIPS][0.43 REQUIRED HARDFORK UPDATE] FedoraCoin - Euphoria - Enlightenment  (Read 143019 times)
Smokezz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:08:44 PM

So we got pools down, pools that constantly lose connection, pools with missing coins and pools only paying out 20% of correct rewards...yet difficulty is now over 30. WTF is going on?

You'd have to be crazy to be pool mining this so must be some serious solo mining going on.

yeah, i've had a pool at 0% fee running since hour 2

i havent had any issues

i'm at >40m ..  with about 1.5mhash

though not that having these serves any real purpose       (i think almost time to switch back to my doge p2pool)

And what pool is it ? I also mined on a p2pool for 6 hours and miss multiple millions TIPS. Is there a magical way to determine in advance that the pool you're gonna mine on is not bugged/a scam ?
Because they all use the same templates so you cannot even judge by their appearance.

I'm new to the alt coin scene as well, but http://fedoracore.x64.me/ is paying out -- however... they're having some serious lag issues right now so things are very delayed.  It does appear the pool is working correctly, just the frontend is having severe database issues.  I don't really understand how p2pools work yet, so I haven't used them at all.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Doges

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:10:01 PM

And what pool is it ? I also mined on a p2pool for 6 hours and miss multiple millions TIPS. Is there a magical way to determine in advance that the pool you're gonna mine on is not bugged/a scam ?
Because they all use the same templates so you cannot even judge by their appearance.

me too I mined on x64.me the first night for 8 hours at 500kH/s and only got 100K coins

Also not surprised with all the India connections

fedoraco.in (indian domain name)

my-pool.in

(indians)

They can't even afford to buy the .com for anything. These guys are broke as a joke scamming pools and who knows what else.
Boombashot

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:11:40 PM

So we got pools down, pools that constantly lose connection, pools with missing coins and pools only paying out 20% of correct rewards...yet difficulty is now over 30. WTF is going on?

You'd have to be crazy to be pool mining this so must be some serious solo mining going on.

i havent had any issues

though not that having these serves any real purpose       (i think almost time to switch back to my doge p2pool)

I'm new to the alt coin scene as well, but http://fedoracore.x64.me/ is paying out -- however... they're having some serious lag issues right now so things are very delayed.  It does appear the pool is working correctly, just the frontend is having severe database issues.  I don't really understand how p2pools work yet, so I haven't used them at all.

They do ineed pay-out correctly. Though... the frontend is down atm. Hope they fix it, it has been a strungle for the last 2 hours

Doge: DMQBwrVzMvKDHMWNjw42WsHtc81JAyRHYQ  GRDT: H26U11vXxtWLzUHPKqNDirQfdQd5kE12y2
TIPS:  EaU9WvSjUMbUGX4YJSueuAgj7t1F8t24Ns USDE: GNiSyFW4MEP4TU6SRX2xnV5V2Uo5XiKrVf
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:13:55 PM

https://tips.bettercoin.org/index.php

This site now has 1.5% fee.
CoinGeneral

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

The General

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:14:32 PM

How do I 100% protect myself from virus / trojan attacks and how do I get rid of them as well?

xIronCrossx

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:16:36 PM

How do I 100% protect myself from virus / trojan attacks and how do I get rid of them as well?

Disable the internetz.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
MystPhysX (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:17:21 PM

There is no 100% other than a DBAN and reinstall after disconnecting from the internet. You can't keep any files you have now.

alyons

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:20:18 PM

It takes a fair amount of time to reach the minimum confirmations:

{
            "account" : "",
            "category" : "generate",
            "amount" : 4479250.00380000,
            "confirmations" : 50,
            "blockhash" : "b084efd3c887940651b8d35623b666349701ff84eadbccff01da5adc460f0a97",
            "blockindex" : 0,
            "txid" : "3b2f9920f23f7e143125cf58e1e0d4a6a1482dd8e0dc8d870d724e9a740e3716",
            "time" : 1387823597
        },

That time stamp is 12/23/2013 11:33:17 and it is currently 13:18, so about 2 hours for the 50 confirms. http://fed.notnull.org is releasing the coins at 55 confirms. Though it is a small pool, I'm an American sysadmin, and I even answer my emails (*gasp@*).
testbug

Activity: 883
Merit: 556

cryptohamstr.com - Pool OP

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:34:35 PM

Hi Everyone, come back to http://fedora.my-pool.in/ ! It's back from maintenance and better that ever!

not until you un-lose my coins.

EDIT: coins received, Thank you.

hi, could someone tell me who to message for coin loss?

who is the owner of that pool?
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 08:36:54 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 08:48:58 PM by zvs

i havent had any issues

Edit : seems you are the operator of the pool I'm speaking of. I mined from ~9:30 AM UTC to 15:30 AM UTC on your pool with 9MH/s and got ~800k TIPS. diff was between 10 and 20, so I should have get at least 4 to 5 millions. What happened ?

Edit 2 : I still appear in your page in the "payouts if a block were found now" section. Am I getting paid even 4 hours after stopping ? I don't get it.

Edit 3 : I'm still receiving payment from what seems to be your pool, 600k more. So I really don't get it.

I nigger-rigged it w/o restarting p2pool so you can look at each individual block on the new block explorer.  Click on them and it shows who got what.

You're definitely not missing multiple millions of TIPS... it's set to a 60 block range, if you just started mining and, say, 10 minutes had passed, then you'd theoretically only get 1/6th of what you'd get if you had been there a full hour... re: difficulty is supposed to adjust so that there is a block every 60s.  on the flip side, after you leave, you'll still get stuff for that 10m you were there for another 50m.. assuming you got any shares.  there are two values... one is the difficulty it uses to show your hash rate on the graph and one is the difficulty that will show up as a share in the share explorer

they show up as immature until confirmed

http://nogleg.net:1911/fee

a block

http://fedorachain.info/block/6681f404a4f810f3ddc31a6ae2ca2aa5347e035e0bbe0323be91abecf4dd2547

go look at the earlier ones if you think you're missing something

and it's not being run on a VPS

ed: maybe you need to download the new client, it was giving out 1/5th value before

ed2: actually it's set to 30 blocks for the pool to find.  not based on difficulty.  so, yes, as long as i keep the pool up, you'll keep earning stuff for a rly long time.   though  it'd be diluted as more and more shares are earned

ed3!:  And the shares are based on share difficulty, not on # of shares you got.. so a couple of us getting a ton of difficulty .05 shares or whatever in the first 2 or 3 blocks, ... those are only worth 1/10th the value of a .5 difficulty share
bettercoinpool

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:38:37 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 02:24:21 PM by bettercoinpool

remove - pools hacked & closed

zero9119

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:39:13 PM

i want to buy some.
how much Tips will i get for 1k doge?
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:00:38 PM

i havent had any issues

Edit : seems you are the operator of the pool I'm speaking of. I mined from ~9:30 AM UTC to 15:30 AM UTC on your pool with 9MH/s and got ~800k TIPS. diff was between 10 and 20, so I should have get at least 4 to 5 millions. What happened ?

Edit 2 : I still appear in your page in the "payouts if a block were found now" section. Am I getting paid even 4 hours after stopping ? I don't get it.

Edit 3 : I'm still receiving payment from what seems to be your pool, 600k more. So I really don't get it.

I nigger-rigged it w/o restarting p2pool so you can look at each individual block on the new block explorer.  Click on them and it shows who got what.

You're definitely not missing multiple millions of TIPS... it's set to a 60 block range, if you just started mining and, say, 10 minutes had passed, then you'd theoretically only get 1/6th of what you'd get if you had been there a full hour... re: difficulty is supposed to adjust so that there is a block every 60s.  on the flip side, after you leave, you'll still get stuff for that 10m you were there for another 50m.. assuming you got any shares.  there are two values... one is the difficulty it uses to show your hash rate on the graph and one is the difficulty that will show up as a share in the share explorer

they show up as immature until confirmed

http://nogleg.net:1911/fee

a block

http://fedorachain.info/block/6681f404a4f810f3ddc31a6ae2ca2aa5347e035e0bbe0323be91abecf4dd2547

go look at the earlier ones if you think you're missing something

and it's not being run on a VPS

ed: maybe you need to download the new client, it was giving out 1/5th value before

Ok so I looked precisely at the block history, and here is the explanation :
Just after joining the pool, 4 blocks were found, which is extremely lucky for your pool. Because I joined less than 30mn before, I got paid much less. This is normal to avoid pool hoping, I understand that.
But after, blocks were found a lot less as the difficulty greatly increased, and people leaved the pool probably for this very reason (from ~80MH/s to currently ~20MH/s).
So because I had a great hashrate contribution, I'm still getting paid with the newer blocks found, but as they are less and less common, the payment are farther and farther away one from another.
I'm currently at ~1.5M from your pool, so the explanation is a combination luck/payment method/payment interval due to the difficulty increase and the current lack of hashrate on your pool.

Everything seems to fit, I apologize for having put in doubt your pool.

What probably explains why people are leaving your pool is the fact that you can get paid multiple hours after. Standard PPLNS/PPS/Prop pools are much faster, so if you don't have the tool to check, you can believe in a scam. And because of that, people will really never get paid due to the fact that no new block will ever be found with just a few MH/s

vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:10:59 PM

Other problem. Difficulty is currently at 35.816, with a block time of ~2mn since nearly 2 hours (43 blocks in 106mn).
Difficulty is supposed to retarget every 10 blocks.
What's happening ?
Catanonia

Activity: 118

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:29:11 PM

I have 9 million Tips for sale.

1st to offer me 100 LTC gets them.

invisibel

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:30:25 PM

If anyone from CryptoCoinTalk is here, please post this message from the developer (me) up because for some reason I "don't have permission to register"  Huh
If you're not from CCT please read it as if it was addressed toward CCT, I hold no grudges toward BTCTalk whatsoever and meant to post this on CCT

-startrant-

I don't know what is wrong with your community here, they scrape the web looking for new coins and then try to crap on them as soon as they can, while also stopping the developers from refuting their points. The only thing I see on this board is shilling and disinfo, I really hope nobody actually takes advice from you guys. I'm sure the admin of this site didn't intend for a community like this, well at least I hope he didn't.

To start off, yes, there was a premine. How much? 3 blocks. After that it was released into the public domain. Why I ask, do you all go crazy over a 3 block premine while there's a thread about Atom on here which had 10,000 blocks mined (about 5x as many coins), but was praised and accepted by you all? It seems very suspicious to me.

To that guy who likes to make his "lists of things bad about this coin" (seriously, I've seen you make one of these lists in about 4 different coin threads, wtf?):

1. 500,000,000,000 (do you think they realise what would mean in fiat currency)
That's the point

2. Claim to no premine, but the evidence is against it
Too bad the evidence is that we never claimed to no premine

3. Stock graphics
Graphics is what chooses a coins success now?

4. Nothing new in concept, and an absolute flood of coins in the first few days
Again, that's the point

5. And that fedoracoin.conf file setup strikes me as odd, but perhaps I am spending too much time on AnonCoins website
I don't know what to say to this, I guess you just needed something to bump your list to have 5 points

-endrant-

Other problem. Difficulty is currently at 35.816, with a block time of ~2mn since nearly 2 hours (43 blocks in 106mn).
Difficulty is supposed to retarget every 10 blocks.
What's happening ?

Not really sure, I'm looking into it right now, we're using the algo that SBC is going to use after block 312000 so maybe the developer of that didn't test it properly.. I'll have to run some tests myself

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
Doges

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:39:53 PM

I don't know what is wrong with your community here, they scrape the web looking for new coins and then try to crap on them as soon as they can, while also stopping the developers from refuting their points. The only thing I see on this board is shilling and disinfo, I really hope nobody actually takes advice from you guys. I'm sure the admin of this site didn't intend for a community like this, well at least I hope he didn't.

The devs just copy pasted Doge after they found out some people from 4chan were going to make a new fedora coin (someone mentioned it in a doge thread on /g/ originally. And people were doing it on reddit on Dec 20th when I registered fedoracoin.com)

They compiled their source in a rush for a reason, they weren't the only ones working on this coin.
invisibel

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:45:59 PM

The devs just copy pasted Doge after they found out some people from 4chan were going to make a new fedora coin (someone mentioned it in a doge thread on /g/ originally. And people were doing it on reddit on Dec 20th when I registered fedoracoin.com)

They compiled their source in a rush for a reason, they weren't the only ones working on this coin.
The "devs" (aka me) started on it from that 4chan thread. You were there too, and I remember you saying something like "haha fedoracoin? good thing I registered fedoracoin.com to redirect it to dogecoin.com just in case this happened"

You can probably validate this in the archives

Edit: yep, just like I thought, the archives don't lie:

https://archive.installgentoo.net/g/thread/S38955307#p38956392

https://archive.installgentoo.net/g/thread/S38975955#p38978705

Nice shilling friend :^)

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
Doges

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:47:06 PM

https://archive.installgentoo.net/g/thread/S38975955#p38979250

Here is the thread where you can see the astro-turfing by the OP "MystPhysX" is the Indian who gets Doxed half-way through the thread.

The creators of this coin are pretty fucking terrible, I am only here because I thought the idea was cool on Dec 20th 2 days before they made this hack job.

Puls

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:48:55 PM

I have 9 million Tips for sale.

1st to offer me 100 LTC gets them.

1700$ - ??  Shocked for 9 mil who knows what?  Shocked
No thank you!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: