Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin bear chart  (Read 42469 times)
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:44:49 PM

can you imagine doing a transfer of 400k coins, i'd be shitting bricks when clicking on send in case i got the destination address wrong somehow.

I think one would be checking it letter by letter. Not sure if it helps, but I'd do it.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
accord01

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:51:33 PM

It is very unlikely to be an off the books sale.  When buyers go around looking for large amt of coins, they don't go to individual sellers.  They go to an exchange, that is the easiest way to get a large amt of coins.

it is more likely to cash out or maintenance in new wallet.
Blue

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

can you imagine doing a transfer of 400k coins, i'd be shitting bricks when clicking on send in case i got the destination address wrong somehow.

yep, there is your dump . square.
socket

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:25:08 PM

It is very unlikely to be an off the books sale.  When buyers go around looking for large amt of coins, they don't go to individual sellers.  They go to an exchange, that is the easiest way to get a large amt of coins.

Who says it's was a buyer looking for a seller.  It's very possible the seller went shopping for a buyer and found one.
Bitcoin2CDKey

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:53:07 PM

im sorry, but i bought a city in africa.
tobobit

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:03:01 PM

im sorry, but i bought a city in africa.
those are bought with blood.     By the gallon.

Who says it's was a buyer looking for a seller.  It's very possible the seller went shopping for a buyer and found one.
very interesting theory!  quite plausible indeed. 
robertdivaio

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:48:09 PM

Just wait til he spends 10% of his stash to buy Litecoin...
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:01:43 PM

Be sure he switched his rigs to LTC long time ago...

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
stink

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:52:07 PM

Something tells me something big is about to happen..

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:02:07 PM

Yes, BTC at 1000USD over xmas
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:10:44 PM

Certainly been very boring for the whole of the last 2 days.

Something must be brewing.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
socket

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:18:53 PM

MOABT (mother of all bear traps)?
GröBkAz

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:24:01 PM

Why?
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:24:09 PM

If was a bear trap......it would be a pretty damn convincing one....but not the 'mother of all' bear traps cos all bears are already out, either waiting on much lower prices or on confirmation of trend reversing.

I suppose it might be the 'mother of all' bull traps, but again not really. Away from the heavily slanted bias of this forum, nobody with any kind of head for investment is looking at Bitcoin now and thinking, 'definite buy, it simply MUST go up'. Anyone entering market at this point in time must surely know they are taking a risk that this is indeed a stability period after the very bottom.

I am at this point in time, a bear. If BTC goes down, do I lose? Nope! I buy in, I win! If BTC goes up do I lose? Nope! I wait until it takes out some resistance levels, I therefore may miss-out on some upside, but that aint the same as losing.

So actually, its nothing. Most likely stabilising before taking another dive down, but possibly also stabilising before it takes leap up. Anyone who gets trapped here is either knowingly taking a risk or an idiot.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:44:37 PM

I suppose it might be the 'mother of all' bull traps, but again not really. Away from the heavily slanted bias of this forum, nobody with any kind of head for investment is looking at Bitcoin now and thinking, 'definite buy, it simply MUST go up'. Anyone entering market at this point in time must surely know they are taking a risk that this is indeed a stability period after the very bottom.

I disagree. Wealth investors and institutional investors look at bitcoin as boom or bust. I don't think many of them think that the price will be anywhere near $600 2-3 years from now. They believe it will either be between $0-$5 or $10k-$100k.  So, if you are going to take the chance on Bitcoin from their perspective, $600 is as good as $500 or $400 or whereever.

So, as a bear, you have to ask yourself, how long are you going to wait out for a couple hundred dollar cheaper coins, before the bigger money arrives next year.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

It is very unlikely to be an off the books sale.  When buyers go around looking for large amt of coins, they don't go to individual sellers.  They go to an exchange, that is the easiest way to get a large amt of coins.

No if you want to buy millions worth of BTC you don't go to an exchange; prices would explode and volume is not nearly high enough

Just like on stock exchanges. For large transactions you do an off the books or a dark pool transaction and this has possibly happened here; many Wall Street vehicles are interested in BTC. A mutual fund would ABSOLUTELY NOT open an account with MtGox. HAHAHA!! What an idea.

No they would find a counterparty with large holdings. Then for technical/financial/bookkeeping reasons they would not import private keys but have a transaction so that they have a paper trail/evidence for their purchase.

And for the seller it is the only way to get rid of a large chunk of coins without _imploding_ the price. Exactly the same is true for large stock transactions.

Either that or a simple reorg/migration move.  Tongue

BTC is great but attracts too many people with mental problems, at least some posts suggest that. (did not mean you accord01)  Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:37:11 PM

So, as a bear, you have to ask yourself, how long are you going to wait out for a couple hundred dollar cheaper coins, before the bigger money arrives next year.
dude, no serious inistutional player is going to invest in btc. the fund managers won't risk their jobs on it, simple as that. why take a risk and get involved with somethin on the fringe like btc when they can just stick to stocks and bonds. believe me dude, i work in finance for 21 years now, i know this shit. the only "institutions" who might get involved are boutuque funds like winkledouche etf. the big boys won't touch, it took 25 years+ before the big insitutions would even touch the hedgies. how long do u think it will take for something like anon digital currency. too fucking long for the likes on this forum.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:43:46 PM

dude, no serious inistutional player is going to invest in btc. the fund managers won't risk their jobs on it, simple as that. why take a risk and get involved with somethin on the fringe like btc when they can just stick to stocks and bonds. believe me dude, i work in finance for 21 years now, i know this shit. the only "institutions" who might get involved are boutuque funds like winkledouche etf. the big boys won't touch, it took 25 years+ before the big insitutions would even touch the hedgies. how long do u think it will take for something like anon digital currency. too fucking long for the likes on this forum.
Oh, that explains it. I was wondering about you. A professional fiat person.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:48:08 PM

yeah, blah blah blah

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/230346

Truth is the new hatespeech.
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 10:08:41 PM

And if that article rings true, do you think the Big Boys are going to be piling into Bitcoin at $1K per coin or whatever ludicrous ATH all that 'naive' Wall St money pushes Bitcoin to, or are they more likely to be buying in at unfathomable lows. If such institutional investors are entering the market for the long term, do you think it would be beneath them to push the market much lower in the short-term, and hold it there, having it drag along the depths as they slowly take their positions?

See, you posted a bear article without even realising it.

The Big Boys will be buying low. After they have severely restricted the volume of 'free Bitcoin' in circulation, everyone else will push Bitcoin up. They will make huge profits, other people might also do ok, many othres may find themselves 'actually using' Bitcoin, but in the long long run, most investment capital that goes into Bitcoin will lose value.......no different from any other asset class that ever did exist.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: