Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad.  (Read 246027 times)
lmfsthefounder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:59:27 AM

app preview, sorry the image is so huge:

lonestar108 (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 05:05:18 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 09:43:36 PM by lonestar108

Hello all!

I know many of you have been wondering what happened to me. Besides getting ridiculously ill over the holidays, the new year has brought some exciting new opportunities to my plate. As it was, KittehCoin was originally going to be a fun vacation project, was going to need more people than I to maintain, and was going to need a proper community to maintain. Now, 2014's bringing projects the likes of which I've never seen which are going to challenge me to my limits and also increase my visibility to many highly-placed individuals. Needless to say this is all stuff I'm super-excited about.  

However, what it means for KittehCoin is that I'll no longer be able to participate on Kitteh as lead dev.  I simply won't have the time, and my projects are of a nature that it would be best if I wasn't strongly associated with cryptocurrency... we all know that this is all in good fun, but many people still don't understand crypto and tend to react with suspicion and fear towards those that do. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth, and I cannot place any of what's coming onto my plate - or my company, partners, and JV partners - in jeopardy over a cat-themed altcoin.  

THAT'S ACTUALLY ALL GREAT NEWS! Y? Because several extremely talented individuals have committed to maintaining KittehCoin and following the original roadmap. What does this mean for KittehCoin? It's not going anywhere. Not now that there a whole TEAM of devs chugging away on the project.

The dev lead? member dwasyluk. He's the man to contact from now on relative to any KittehCoin questions you might have.

In fact, they're so talented that they are almost finished with a new client release - v0.8.6 with coin control! Take THAT, DOGE!  

Also FYI the roadmap hasn't changed. The new team will continue forward, making the client and coin stronger than it has ever been.[/b]

I'm very glad that so many people are taking the reigns on this project. It would have been a shame to see Kitteh go. After all, she's got 9 lives, dontcha know?

As for me, I'll return to being a contributor on this and other topics of interest here on bitcointalk, and am always glad to meet members over PM, especially other developers...

I've learned, over my 20+ years of software development, that the fastest way to increase my skillset at anything is to interact with people that are smarter than me, and I look forward to chatting with more of the geniuses around here as my time permits it.

tl;dr; I'm not the dev lead anymore. dwasyluk is. Several other bitcointalk.org members have also taken on KittehCoin. The roadmap hasn't changed, they have almost completed an awesome update to the client. I'll be stopping by here as my time permits it.

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: KITTEHCOIN LIVES, AND IS ABOUT TO GET STRONGER THAN EVER.

Thanks all, this project and the friendships I've made over the last few weeks have been awesome. If you wanna chat or have specific q's, PM me! If I'm slow in answering, it's because I'm working 100 hour weeks at the moment. If it's urgent and I'm not getting back to you, contact dwasyluk and he'll get a hold of me.

Anyways - the new devs tell me the 0.8.6 client's almost done, so watch this thread for updates and announcements from dwasyluk and others as they happen.

- me
PS. Kitteh sez HI!

Kitteh's been very upset lately.

Some mangy Doge has been getting an awful lot of attention on the netz lately, and Kitteh is not pleased.

Yesterday, Kitteh sed,

"U hav to mek me KittehCoin! I haz much to give, but dat Doge is getting MY attentionz! Also, Doge haz sed that ppl get random Coinz 0-lots but it's not true! It's 1-lots. Y DOGE LIE? Kitteh sez random MEOW is OK but u need minimum for happy! Also, Doge give too much coin, and too slowly, and sometimes he give only 1. KITTEH NO LIKE!"

"So make me KittehCoin, human! And I will call it MEOW."

So Kitteh had us make a coin like this:

Scrypt-mined, 30 second Block Targets, 1 Hour Diff Readjustments

Total of ~ 50,000,000,000 coins.

Special reward system: Random block rewards with a minimum 1,000 MEOW per block

Blocks              1 — 200,000: 1,000 - 100,000 MEOW Reward
      Blocks    200,001 — 400,000: 1,000 -   50,000 MEOW Reward
      Blocks    400,001 — 600,000: 1,000 -   25,000 MEOW Reward
      Blocks    600,001 — 800,000: 1,000 -   12,500 MEOW Reward
      Blocks    800,001 — 1,000,000: 1,000 -  6,250 MEOW Reward
      Blocks 1,000,001 — 1,200,000: 1,000 -  3,125 MEOW Reward

Blocks 1,200,000+ — 1,000 Reward (flat)

Kitteh is happy now.  Kitteh, "sez 2 da moon!" - dear jeebus that annoys the crap out of us. I think she enjoys it.

JAN 5 UPDATES

We know a lot of you have been wondering what happened to the lead dev. Yes he's alive, and yes, so is KittehCoin. However, some changes have been made: due to several factors, the least of which being a greatly increased workload and potentially increased public visibility of the lead dev, the KittehCoin team has been expanded and restructured. This is actually GREAT NEWS for KittehCoin, as it means that several bitcointalk.org members will be working on the project continuously, rather than just one individual. Bitcointalk member dwasyluk is now the dev lead, and he can answer any questions you might have about KittehCoin. The lead dev will still be stopping by now and then to chat and check-in but is no longer the locus of this project.

Please know that the KittehCoin roadmap HAS NOT CHANGED - in fact, with all the new talent that has joined the team, a new version of the KC client will be released soon - v0.8.6 with coin control! Yup, Kitteh's cutting-edge, folks! The new team's been hard at work Smiley

Source code and binaries on github.  Binaries here:

Windows: http://l.bitcasa.com/CaAaCrGs
      OSX: http://l.bitcasa.com/mqXwe745
      Linux: http://l.bitcasa.com/ovcqLqho

A big thank you to nocoin for his windows binaries!

MEOW Mining Pools

- Kitteh's own pool, now fully paid out and working as it should
      [/list]

KittehCoin Block Explorer

http://kitexplorer.tk/ - Many, many thanks to nocoin

KittehCoin Faucet

TBCM comes through like a pro with a KittehCoin Faucet, the KittenCoin Meower. Kitteh LOVES you,  TBCM

KittehCoin's very own subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/KittehcoinMeow/

[ANN & POLL]Starting (base) Price of a Kitteh Coin 0.000001 BTC Per 1 MEOW!
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385771

BTC / MEOW (Kittehcoin) Google Docs Exchange (until we get the new exchange up and running)
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhGk2xdBmiD2dE1RS2xoaUxDajRTd2x3dkRHNjRVeHc&usp#gid=0

KittehCoin Giveaway Threads:

[GIVEAWAY No.1] 100,000 KittehCoins! Smiley First 50 posters gets 2,000! 1st Phase!
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384329

[GIVEAWAY No.2] 50,000 KittehCoins! Smiley First 50 posters gets 1000! 2nd Phase!
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385469

KittehCoin Contest, courtesy of jochem (man, you all are so awesome)
      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387447

I need peerz, plz

OK (thank you zachamo):

198.199.117.221:22566
      24.184.43.249:22566
      78.188.9.117:22566
      24.125.252.211:22566
      93.78.120.235:22566
      120.147.85.204:22566
      27.33.1.58:22566
      31.17.57.59:22566

(this area to be updated with new links as time goes on. If you feel a KittehCoin link should be listed here, PM dwasyluk and we'll add it.)

KITTEH TELLS US SHE KNOWS U R WONDERING Y U SHOULD HAVE SOME MEOW.  SHE SAYS, 'BECAUSE I AM KITTEH, HUMAN'! Who are we to argue with her. She has sharp claws, you know.

You can grab the source for KittehCoin at https://github.com/kittehcoin/kittehcoin, if you're like us and prefer to build your binaries yourself.

Be warned tho, the OSX build is kind of a pain, but if you insist on doing your own build and get stuck, just message dwasyluk.

WTF? KITTEHCOIN? RLY?

Rly. Y? Because it's fun! Kittehcoin pokes a bit of friendly fun at Doge, makes no pretense to be a millionaire-maker or a thinly veiled pump and dump scheme, requires the miner or holder to have a sense of humor (which we hear is a leading cause of happiness), and will be subject to changes to core algorithms such as the subsidy (reward) calculation, Max Coins, blocks per day, etc. according to the general consensus of those developing, and mining, MEOW see fit.

Kitteh is still young, and her initial parameters and meant to evolve, driven by the core design principles that Kitteh must be: fun to mine, fun to hold, and fun to spend. With so many people here on bitcointalk being orders of magnitude smarter than us, we hope someone else joins us in having some fun with Kitteh!

INITIAL KITTEHCOIN RELEASE GOALS

• Get kittehcoin.com basic website up
      • Move the pool to kittehcoinpool.com (done)
      • Put up a MEOW block explorer (done - thank you TBCM)
      • Put up a MEOW exchange - the exchange will list MEOW, DOGE, LTC, and BTC.  Why wait for Cryptsy, right?
      • Create some online games for you to play, all taking KittehCoin

The upcoming feature we are really, really excited about:

Kittehcoin will (hopefully) be the first coin to extend sendtoaddress to integrate with Namecoin's nameid to enable the use of a single, unique, network-secured identity secured by the bitcoin network, which is easy to remember, as an alias for ALL coin transactions.  Sort of like DNS for people and the currency baskets they hold.  HAHA! TAKE THAT, ZOOKO! NameCoin broke yo triangle and Kitteh is purring! (see here for an explanation of the super-nerdy, cryptic reference to Zooko's Triangle and how Namecoin defeats Zooko's conjecture)

Er, um, we digress.. basically, instead of a coin address you'll have an id/yourname address which will contain within it the actual addresses to your cryptocoins. So for example, on nameid, Kitteh is 'id/kitteh' and you then see my public data at https://nameid.org/?name=kitteh or by querying namecoind if you have it installed by typing:

kittehcoind name_show id/kitteh

Kitteh owns this identity, and nobody but kitteh can change its contents, which can include: an email address, a mailing address, a list of various cryptocurrency addresses, public PGP keys, etc).  That's the real awesomeness of Namecoin - not just .bit domain names - and we will integrate this awesomeness into a coin client. It's not hard to implement and the benefits to using a system like this are innumerable.

Then people will be able to send kittehcoin just by typing:

kittehcoind sendtoaddress id/kitteh 1000

Much better than coin addresses, right? Just think of the eyestrain alone we'll all collectively save if we stop that semi-conscious squinty address check thing we all do even when we copy / paste coin addresses!

Of course, we hope (and expect) that people much smarter than us will bring some intelligent input into this thread and help co-create some other innovative stuff so that we can evolve kittehcoin into a coin that's fun to mine, fun to hold, and fun to use.

KITTEH SEZ, "SO GO MEK MEOW NOW AND HAV FUN, K?"[/list]
      freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 05:42:51 AM

Greetings and all to dwasyluk you will be busier....

lonestar108 - Long roads to you !

Thank You !

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
      Mortimer452

Activity: 532
      Merit: 500

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 05:59:31 AM

Thanks for the update, Lonestar.  Looking forward to helping out any way I can.
      spayk

Activity: 56

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 08:46:45 AM

I have 5.5 mln Kittehcoin. Moew must to the moon Cheesy
      zachamo

Activity: 346
      Merit: 251

There can be only one!

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 10:51:10 AM

Thanks for your contributions Lonestar! Looking forward to what's to come!

4000 chars available and all I got was this stupid tagline.
      sitefive

Activity: 210

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 01:01:50 PM

no new coins added on cryptsy for close to a week, suppose kitteh will be in the next batch of added coins  Roll Eyes

Nullu

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 01:34:26 PM

Not taking the chance that this will fall to a Satoshi before it hits Cryptsy. Bought in at 2 Satoshi.

If it hits before then there's no chance.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
      esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 01:39:20 PM

no new coins added on cryptsy for close to a week, suppose kitteh will be in the next batch of added coins  Roll Eyes

I doubt it. The meow/btc pair is being removed from coined up soon.
      Nullu

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 01:42:06 PM

Not really seeing much of a push for the coin to be honest. Seems most people are happy to sit on what they have and hope it hits Cryptsy. Never will with that attitude.

esotericizm

Activity: 750

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 01:53:22 PM

Not really seeing much of a push for the coin to be honest. Seems most people are happy to sit on what they have and hope it hits Cryptsy. Never will with that attitude.

I do expect the price to rise as several alts are in a slump right now and kitteh has no place to go but up (or death but I don't think the dev's will let this happen). I traded alot of my doge for kitteh so I'm willing to be patient but we really need to start seeing some of this dev work.
      Mortimer452

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 02:15:52 PM

All the alts are in a slump right now as BTC is rising.  As BTC makes another pullback (likely in the next day or so) we should see a rise again.

The MEOW/BTC pair should stay on CoinedUp for at least a few more days.  There is almost 1BTC of buy orders in at 1 satoshi now, it is in much better shape than TIPS, DIME and others that were removed for much lower volume.
      snipsnoop
      Legendary

Activity: 924
      Merit: 1000

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 02:18:23 PM

Dont know about that..

1. Need to get logo and wallets updated.
      http://kittehcoin.info/forums/index.php/topic,23.0.html

After that, we'll push..

nocoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 03:14:32 PM

Something wrong with http://kitexplorer.tk, seems to be DNS resolving issue.
      Block explorer still available by IP address: http://162.243.251.187/
      Will try to fix.
      sitefive

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 03:41:21 PM

All the alts are in a slump right now as BTC is rising.  As BTC makes another pullback (likely in the next day or so) we should see a rise again.

The MEOW/BTC pair should stay on CoinedUp for at least a few more days.  There is almost 1BTC of buy orders in at 1 satoshi now, it is in much better shape than TIPS, DIME and others that were removed for much lower volume.
      looks like everyone looking to scoop up cheap meow now, Got myself 5mil, and placed another order for another 10mil if i can get at 1satoshi IF I can get it filled since everyone seems to be buying them now while its cheap.

Nullu

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 03:43:17 PM

It could easily hit 10 Satoshi if it made it to Cryptsy. I'm not going to big up the coin. I've only put in 0.1 BTC into it after all, plus the 500k I mined, but for the potential reward if it did payout, I'm happy to take the risk.

danosphere
      Legendary

Activity: 1036
      Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
      January 06, 2014, 03:45:40 PM

Hey guys! Thanks for posting up Lonestar people were getting ants in there pants without your voice of reason to calm people down. I'm at work right now but just to clarify:

This is "me" (the new lead dev) across various internet places:
      dwasyluk (github) = danosphere (bitcointalk, kittehforums)
      bitcoinr123 (reddit) - moderator of /r/kittehcoin it is the ONLY OFFICIAL KITTEHCOIN REDDIT. Please ignore /r/kittehcoinmeow. Also if you have reddit CSS skills or would like to join me as a mod I could use some help so PM me.

At work now but I will reply to all PMs when I get home. If you can help out in anyway PM me! To join the community hit up the http://forums.kittehcoin.info, and PM me there  Wink. Big things are coming... don't want to tip my hand too much but those cheap MEOW are a good buy. If you do buy some cheap meow, please donate! It will be used to make it even more valuable! Please make sure to donate to the official KittehCoin donation address, not the address in my sig: http://kittehcoin.info/forums/index.php/topic,19.0.html

Also checkout our bounty posts, there is a 1.5m bounty for kittehdice and 2m bounty for kittehpoker! I'll post more later tonight, thanks everybody!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
      Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
      sitefive

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

It could easily hit 10 Satoshi if it made it to Cryptsy. I'm not going to big up the coin. I've only put in 0.1 BTC into it after all, plus the 500k I mined, but for the potential reward if it did payout, I'm happy to take the risk.
      same here. It actually could Hit the Current doge value or a bit more if its revived and added on a proper exchange not low-volume coinedup

Mutton213

Activity: 42

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 03:53:12 PM

my 2 cents, I've mined a few mill of this coin and keep thinking about moving onto another coin but a little voice in the back of my head says keep mining...... 

CheekyChappy

Activity: 238

View Profile
      January 06, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

my 2 cents, I've mined a few mill of this coin and keep thinking about moving onto another coin but a little voice in the back of my head says keep mining......  

At what rate are you mining and approximately how many a day?

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
      Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 158 »
        Print  

Jump to: