Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers.  (Read 2753 times)
annasadia

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:12:33 PM

There are so many options to protect my bitcoin from hackers. I personally use verification code when i used another computer for access my bitcoin account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
salinaangel

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:51:02 PM

Hacking is forbidden in the world it is known as crime but some group of people do this and to keep safe your account this policy is great but in bitcoin hacking is very tough but though it’s a online process so it can be so we should safe from those hacker and make our account safe so we shouldn’t give password which we regularly used in social apps or any password which is related with birthday, mobile number etc but if we aware of this it can be safe from them.
kevinfox18

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:53:00 PM

We should keep our bitcoin account safe. Try not to compare account passwords related with Bitcoin with different records, for example, web-based social networking, on the grounds that it is helpless against hack, not to mention the supporters of its online networking a lot. We must have our own particular manner to protect our Bitcoin. The record we utilize must have an interesting watchword, and not effortlessly guessed. Use two-factor or 2FD validation. Extra security layers are anything but difficult to apply.
Mezze

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:02:17 PM

Well the risk is always there. I agree that you should use the passwords that have no connection to your social media passwords, that you should use 2FA verification, strong passwords, hard wallets etc. but the most important thing is to have your money equally distributed to more than one account! I can't stress that enough. I mean what are the odds for hackers to get all of your accounts? Think about it.
availcrypto

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:16:49 PM

we safe our bitcion on our own way?? haha sounds cool mate. maybe your points are good, but only for those who uses online wallets bro.why don't we think something more general. what do you say?
Heartbreakeren

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:35:35 AM

Always use unique emails and passwords, keep offline records and don't discuss it EVER on your social media accounts.
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:03:48 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

Usually the wallet security system is almost un hackable specially the private keys unless you unknowingly gave them access too which is a common type of mistake by new to cryptocurrency world and internet basic security such as bookmarking your wallet website and trading platforms to prevent phising sites from fooling you.

Avoid downloading softwares from suspicious website and as much as possible find a provider whom you can trust, I suggest you download the legit and paid ones to prevent your devices from being infected by malwares.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
Albertio

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:08:23 AM

good information, to be able to maintain the security of coin, I think the most important is do not trust anyone who wants to give a bonus by having to give a private key.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:18:52 AM

good tips, the tips you mentioned can help secure bitcoin from hackers.

but I think if a professional hacker, by using a quantum computer then whatever our way to protect the bitcoin will be in vain.

and hackers will easily hack every security. I never used an online wallet, and I prefer to use a ledger to store my bitcoin assets.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:22:36 AM

we safe our bitcion on our own way??
If you are keeping on online wallets then you are adding security to your account and balance there. But the ideal to make things simpler is you have to keep your private keys for desktop, mobile, web and hardware wallet. Web wallets are different from online wallets.
Just expose those keys on the web, create a back up, write on a piece of paper and lastly if you can't buy hardware wallet, create paper bitcoin wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Etoasiatsxxx

Activity: 92

The Future Of Work

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 07:51:13 AM

For me if you want to be secured The Bitcoin for hackers does not just open up other websites Unknowingly and not so trustworthy.
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 02:15:18 PM

Fully agreed with the points you shared. I want to add a bit more. You make it more secured by creating strong password in all accessible point like email, your PC.
Leftytaken

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:40:30 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
DevilBats

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:03:54 AM

having a private key or any relevant info to secure our information must be totally secured.No sharing info to anyone unless you wanted them to stole your account but of course,no one like it so be CAREFUL.Lastly,be SAFE ALWAYS on browsing sites(untrusted /unwanted sites).
saifanik

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:07:14 AM

One of the tips I get is acceptance.It will be the system with the verification code for mobile and the hard password will be used.Don't trust anyone and don't share your password.

Siglo // Send airtime with your siglo tokens (http://)
Wahyud11

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:23:48 PM

Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers 1. Be careful when entering email and passwords on the site 2. make sure your email and passwords are safe in the sense of being noticed by anyone other than you 3. where bitcoin keeps make sure it's always checked and given a security key
holtzmann

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:52:15 AM

To keep your coins on the exchanges is rather dangerous. If you choose that as a mean of storage, pay attention to such things: two-factor authentication, users' reviews and how long the service runs.
Concerning other things.
The money is recommended to be cashed or replaced to cold storage by experts.
Your password should contain a complex of digits and letters. It's advisable to fill all 16 cells. And don't forget coping it to different devices in case you forgot it.
bristlefront

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

Here are some ways:

1. Be careful from phising sites, always check the url before encoding some important details on your wallet.
2. Insert a 2 Factor Authentication.
3. Find a wallet that doesn't hold your private key, only yourself should hold those keys.

Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

Additionally, check all addresses before sending the crypto currency, we also recommend using the QR code;
Do not download software that you are not sure is safe with;
Use the official ENS instead of all the addresses that you can not verify.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 02:58:52 PM

I would love to know this information. Can somebody share the experience help me? I really do not know how to keep my assets safe from hackers. I know this crime is quite dangerous and now a lot.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: