Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers.  (Read 2753 times)
maerose_sun

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:52:17 AM

The most important to all is to secure a bitcoin wallet, whether it is a physical hardware device or an online one. Keep your private key safe, and never keep your bitcoin stored on a crypto exchange. When you purchase your tokens from an exchange, it might be tempting to leave them there just for convenience.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IndigoRed

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:05:08 AM

One great way to protect cryptocurrency against hackers is to put the cryptocurrency on cold storage and lock it up at a bank safety/deposit box or another secure location. This takes it off of exchanges and out of the cloud, so it can't be hacked online.

If you aren't actively trading cryptocurrency, experts recommend taking it off of the exchanges.

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

I like the perception of your advices,because this is what ive done all my social media accounts are separated from my passwords connecting to bitcoin or other altcoin since lots of hacking involves social media if not emails.

The most important to all is to secure a bitcoin wallet, whether it is a physical hardware device or an online one. Keep your private key safe, and never keep your bitcoin stored on a crypto exchange. When you purchase your tokens from an exchange, it might be tempting to leave them there just for convenience.
You dont get what op wanna say,he wanted to us to never engaged our crypto things with our social media accounts that simple but reliable
cointopper

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:44:47 AM

In this digital world, mobile phones, hard drives, laptop’s, wallets are convenient repositories but nowadays this isn’t sufficient. It’s of vital importance
to secure your crypto wallet hard for keeping your assets safe.

Here are some of the best tips to keep your crypto assets safe and secure.

1. Securing a Wallet is similar to securing your personal data on the computer. You have to be aware of links, advertisement, any type of attachment
etc. which appears when a browser is being suffered.

2. Always create backups of your cryptocurrency wallets. So, that it will let you restore your wallet if in case your laptop or cell phone gets stolen.

3. Opening an account to buy cryptocurrency? Set up a unique E-mail id that you’re going to use for that account and never share that id with anyone.

4. Encrypt your whole device in which you are going to use cryptocurrency wallet. Make sure you have the best anti-virus installed on your device and
keep it up to date including anti-malware and anti-ransomware.

5. Set up a really hard and long password where it is only able to recover from a piece of paper that you control.

To continue
Arkham Knight

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 05:43:41 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

I bet your mother would not even rememeber your password even you told her to and with so many accounts that you have in exchanges and wallets, you'll keep checking your notes to know which one is the appropriate one.
Fujiati

Activity: 664
Merit: 112

Ethernity CLOUD

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:21:12 AM

I think to keep our bitcoin wallet not easily hacked by others by storing private keys in a safe place, besides we also can not use private keys on any site, and I hope that we use authentication to make it more difficult to hack.

buttonmc

Activity: 277

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:20:55 AM

these things are good, but don't forget about internet in social places, hardware of your PC, and suspicious sites with registration
SangitAlam

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:23:39 AM

..............and use a hardware wallet
HelenS

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:30:41 AM

But everyone says that btc is so safe  Huh I've heard about some attacks and steals but how is it possible??
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:34:36 AM

But everyone says that btc is so safe  Huh I've heard about some attacks and steals but how is it possible??

Hacking isnt possible on the blockchain.

I would simply suggest using a hardware wallet. A brand new, not a used one.

A trezor or a ledger is the safest way to keep your cryptocurrencies.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
PaulTrace

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:16:56 PM

There is a very simple way just use hardware wallets to avoid all of these problems.
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:39:33 AM

Right, the most important to manage your investment portfolio is a wallet security.
for 2fa, i think it is only work in exchange wallet, if you use your own wallet, you must keep your key and passwords safe.
backup your passwords and keys in several places. Never input them in a new website or email, otherwise your wallet will be exposed.
melonbtchunter

Activity: 80

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:47:04 PM

Simple Tips to Keep Your Bitcoin Safe From Hackers Use the Hardware Wallet. This will be the best fit for your wallet. You can also use the laser nano also it will be more secure.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:57:33 PM

Bitcoin safety is obviously the most important thing that has to be kept in mind. After all we cannot just let our hard earned bucks into the hands of hackers. Usage of some trusted e-wallets is highly recommended and we have a lot of such reliable wallets available for storing the digital currency that are easy to use and provide high standards of safety. For me, Coinbase is the best place. Well there are others as well, like My celium Wallet, Exodus. That is upto you to choose the best considering your safety needs. And as far as private keys are concerned, they are confidential information. These must not be shared with anyone unless you trust someone with your life!! Because there is always a probability of such confidential information leaked if it is known to many a people.
paruru123

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:00:30 PM

Always use unique emails and passwords.
PayneCharity

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:02:09 PM

For me i protect my bitcoin by SMS phone verification when i want to access to my bitcoin account from another computer
SMS verification is not a secure way. If you want to secure your account well, you should use the Google Authenticator app. Thanks to Google Authenticator, I have very good security of my account
Naweedhamid

Activity: 68

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:22:34 PM

Hello everyone...

Hackers are everywhere... Especially in the crypto field. Personally, I met many scammers. we know frequently MEW wallet, Bitcoin wallet and other account are hacking daily. This is a really bad situation for all of us. But we have a solution for that issue. We know hardware wallets. We can protect our Bitcoin. Ethereum an all crypto coins through this hardware wallets. personally, I bought a Ledger wallet in last week. Now My all coins in my leger wallet, I think this is the most secure way to protect our all coins from hackers.
prediction on bush

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:42:40 AM

For me to keep our bitcoin from bitcoin is should avoid giving a personal information about you and don't giving a private key to a person you don't know personally.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 01:48:54 AM

I have always believed that whatever you do online is always accessible to someone with or without your permission so I am not a great fan of holding my funds on any device which is connected to the internet most of the time in a day. Thus, I use the paper wallet as my primary cold storage device (along with maintaining multiple backup copies in various geographical locations), I also use Trezor for storing my regular funds. I never keep more than 5% of my overall funds on any website.
135cc

Activity: 294

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 01:59:31 AM

simple things, but could make us more secure when using bitcoin. Anyway thank you for sharing !

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: