Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers.  (Read 2753 times)
Bhalibad

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 09:55:10 AM

If you are storing bitcoin in your computer for sure you need to have protected computer and have an updated computer and anti-virus but as well you need to have a password on your wallet to make sure that no one will be able to access it or to make transfers but mostly for me I just used the two-factor or the authentication which is pretty good and it really gives a security in your account. You should not tell anyone that you have a bitcoin or that where your bitcoin is stored, for me I never tell anyone except my family but they don't know how it works and where do I store it to make a privacy with my coins.

If we have a bitcoin password we must be carefull of such documents. We keep it in a safe place like hard wallet or we creat a flash drive and we put it in our bag that you are carry on everyday especially when we go to work. Avoid telling your friends about that information, that is my simple tips to bitcoin from hackers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Raggie

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 02:21:10 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

Another simple tips : always check your address that you pasted when you are about to sending your bitcoin to other address.
Your pasted address may different with the one  you copy, always careful. thankyou
kent47400

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:27:46 AM

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

but maybe before her mother you are also in love if the story or that password at the end of her do not let the love know to others, and it became a memo for your mother.

use Google Authenticator for all your accounts on Exchange, so it can add even more powerful protection.
Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:31:26 AM

Actually, I went through the post and most of the comments and wow learned a lot from this. And I myself use two-factor authentication for the safety and I feel like it is fully secured. what do u think?  I think it is a very secure way as I always have the mobile in my hand
Question123

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:44:31 AM

All my bitcoin wallet have 2FA because ot is very helpful because I experienced before someone who are trying to access my wallet brcause of 2FA they did not open it. Your right better if your bitcoin wallet is different to social media account to not easy hack.
suemendez25

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:42:15 PM

I'm a new bitcoin user and this will be very helpful for me. be sure to share this to my friends. Thanks a lot  Smiley
indoagung88

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 01:56:02 PM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

thank you very much for giving me some useful knowledge for me. it will be very useful to keep each bitcoin from hacker accounts. thus it will be safer in keeping the bitcoin. and can sleep soundly.
thanks

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
ansdb

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:10:02 PM

the problem if you store your passwords and private key and all your account information on your computer you have also to protect you computer very well because if any hacker get into your computer can know all your account information, you've to put all your information on an offline PC and make info encrypted  Grin
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 02:14:53 PM

I do not use 2FA authentication in my wallet cause it really risk for me if my phone is missing. I just using email authentication to login to my wallet. It's easy to protect our wallet just because we are negligent in accessing or protecting the wallet.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
hessanseen

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:45:33 PM

The use of dual or 2FD authentication is a very effective way, in recent years a lot of hackers began to focus on the field of encryption, many people's purses were stolen, in the future this situation should be more, to maintain their own safety habits are the most important.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:01:56 PM

I believe these are very helpful tips especially for people who are storing their coins on online wallets. The 2 factor authentication is very essential and exchanges like COSS would even deactivate your accounts if you fail to activate the 2fa.However, it would be great to think of a secure offline wallet which gives you maximum control over your private keys.
genlocy

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:06:19 PM

I think most simple tips is to keep your password safe and use bitcoin official wallet,this is enough to keep your account safe from hackers.
matvee

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:08:36 PM

Most important thing to use a  reputed exchange which is serious with security. There are some parameters to judge that :

1) Look that the exchange that you are using has some bounty program for finding bugs. The program should be old and should be paying decent money for finding bugs. This will ensure that users do not get targeted because of lack of security on exchange.

2) Give very much importance to the team behind the exchange.
gonizar

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 06:36:13 PM

As we read, I hope we will have people who will share other techniques we can use to keep our wallets safe from hackers. Securing my bitcoin wallet, bookmarking bitcoin wallet sites, secure private keys in offline and in the cloud. To prevent hackers, it's up to us who beat them.. Smiley Smiley
lexkiee28

Activity: 368
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:29:04 PM

to prevent stealing bitcoin from hackers just use Jason file instead of a private key and use a 2fA for the sure safer of your bitcoin.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:35:26 PM

yes, all your tips above is good, i agree with that.
ovbokhan

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:37:53 PM

Strong passwords and 2FA will not do much good if the private keys are compromise, who ever owns those can simply export the wallet elsewhere and steal the funds in the account, good tips anyway, it cannot be over empasized
jiya jaena

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:27:27 PM

what about the security of myetherwallet?? myetherwallet has been hacked and i've lost some very valuable tokens, there is no two-factor or 2FD authentication on myetherwallet
Blackmoon84

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:40:07 PM

I also actually only recommend using Google Authenticator, because I think the level of google security is very high and has been trusted. And the most important thing is we have to stay alert all the time because the risk always try some way to attack yoActually, I went through the post and most of the comments and wow learned a lot from this. And I myself use two-factor authentication for the safety and I feel like it is fully secured. what do u think?
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:02:43 PM

what about the security of myetherwallet?? myetherwallet has been hacked and i've lost some very valuable tokens, there is no two-factor or 2FD authentication on myetherwallet

try using metamask / mist and wallet hardware
and do not forget to always check MEW website address
original MEW website address always has secure information with green text on the left side address bar MyEtherWallet Inc [US]

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: