Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers.  (Read 2749 times)
tongkt1992

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:26:08 PM

as with anything valuable, hackers, thieves, and scammers will all be after your bitcoins, so securing your bitcoins is necessary.
I recommend using Bitcoin wallets that were built with security in mind:

Ledger Nano S – Ledger is a Bitcoin security company that offers a wide range of secure Bitcoin storage devices. I currently see the Ledger Nano S as Ledger’s most secure wallet.
TREZOR – TREZOR is a hardware wallet that was built to secure bitcoins. It generates your Bitcoin private keys offline
Bitcoins should only be kept in wallets that you control.
Because Bitcoin is on the internet, they are even easier to steal and much harder to return and trace. Bitcoin itself is secure, but bitcoins are only as secure as the wallet storing them.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:43:48 PM

Other than these Tips specified for on line Wallets, we should also ensure safe-guiding our IPs. Be careful using your systems in public Places like Hotels and Parks. If there is such need, keep guard of your IPs. More so, Passphrasing could also be helpful for our on line wallets encryption.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:17:17 PM

This advice is a good and complete one that will surely make our Bitcoin save from hackers. These are simple tips to use your secure our wallet. Please lets
Lets avoid logging in our wallet in other people or untrusted devices. This is very risky and can lead to hacking. Your security is in your hands. Take it serious.
2408AAY

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 09:28:02 PM

In cryptocurrency, security is one of the most important thing to prevent your data from hackers. Some of the ways to protect your data from hackers include using hardware wallet, avoid sharing your private key with people and be careful of public WiFi usage.
tokatuku

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:31:44 AM

Bitcoin is the funniest and most intricate thing, but you should keep it confidential as it's your asset, so make sure you only sign up for the top and top Bitcoin companies and learn how to identify. Bitcoin fraud may occur. And make sure your email is saved.
Dico88

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:41:24 PM

At this time you must use a password that has no connection with your social media password. You also have to use 2FA verification, or a strong password with a hard wallet and others. So that your money is distributed evenly to more than one account. I don't emphasize that. Cool
libert19

Activity: 2478
Merit: 941

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 04:12:44 AM

How can I secure my email accounts? I have been wondering if 2FA can actually be used to secure email. Thanks for your prompt response

Yes it can be used. I recommend you to not to use mobile number otp as 2fa (since there has been cases when sim cards got compromised and then email then accounts related to email) rather use Google authenticator or hardware 2fa and keep backup of 'secret key' and 'backup-codes' to secure location.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ShowOffoN

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:17:50 AM

Thank you for sharing. I think these are the basics that some people who have been victims of scams and hackers were forgetting. Just to add, and this is just my strategy, do not lay all your cards immediately. Just play it cool. Returns will come eventually but invest only what you can afford to lose. Just my two cents.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:39:35 PM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
This is a nice information and this may help us to get rid of hackers. Its nice to use hardware wallets to make sure that is more secured. There were so many hackers surrounding us thats why we need to be aware of everything.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 10:56:25 PM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.

2FA is the most effective way to apply or to use, then always bear in your mind to keep your private key, or if there is phrase seed keep it or save it on the safest usb you have and do back up with it. This is just an additional tips or advise.
salimRonn123

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 03:15:56 AM

Please change the password of your wallet for a period of one month, each month, sanddi wallet must be different, that is what I do. Keeping your account with you is not shared with anyone you can not trust.
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 04:41:10 AM

To keep it safe and secured always, you should not open your password to anyone even to your closest friend. Do not save pinkeys anywhere specially on your email accounts and messengers because they are hackable. Use etherscan.io in inquiring wallet balance to avoid using the pinkeys.
Helex

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 30, 2018, 05:11:59 AM

Secure your 2fa keys and private keys to 256 encrypted systems. So even if someone gets access to your encrypted file you will be still secure as it will require password to decrypt that info.
kimhospital

Activity: 36

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:10:18 AM

First I hold my private key and also my wallet is offline not only do I change my password most often and I have my 2fa which is authentic two factors so that I feel safe with hackers. If the malicious employees steal my disks, they will have big problems with 2FA.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:18:20 AM

First I hold my private key and also my wallet is offline not only do I change my password most often and I have my 2fa which is authentic two factors so that I feel safe with hackers. If the malicious employees steal my disks, they will have big problems with 2FA.

wow . your too conscious about your security huh . well that is more better than nothing , while most of us didnt really pay attention to our security because most of us arent really hodling a huge amount of cryptos in our purse and if ever we hold it , we dont usually keep it for a longer time . so doing extra safety precuations might seem to overated for us  .

@op , thanks for the good tips on how to secure a crypto  . that can be verry useful for someone that doesnt know how to add extra layer of security to thier accounts .
TentallyMooN

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:43:26 AM

I do not understand people who tell passwords or any details of personal information to someone else. Even if it’s family or friends, I don’t think they should know that. Passwords and private keys should be stored only at your place and in a safe place.
abhi777

Activity: 457

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 08:59:28 AM

Personally, I use 3 measures:
1. Set a password and use special characters
2. Turn on 2FA
3. Get the code from the phone number when making the transaction
the way we have to do is always check our account, make tangled passwords a little complicated, don't open all kinds of links that are inviting us to join in an easy way.
Asusnumbaone

Activity: 246
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 04:29:23 AM

Keeping our bitcoin safe is not easy because there's have many hackers that have a chance to hack our bitcoin. Putting codes in our wallet can help us because it is easy for now to hack Bitcoin without codes. Be careful who you trust because sometimes they tempted to have money.
Cryptovipa

Activity: 37

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:51:47 AM

Great piece about security of assets. But despite all this I ll advise we get a hardware wallets that is the only way to be satlfe for now
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:55:11 AM

Keeping our bitcoin safe is not easy because there's have many hackers that have a chance to hack our bitcoin. Putting codes in our wallet can help us because it is easy for now to hack Bitcoin without codes. Be careful who you trust because sometimes they tempted to have money.

No, it is easy to safe our bitcoin, as long as you can keep in your wallet without any chance to use for buying, selling, or making a transaction then you don't have to worry. The codes will make our account more secure, so they don't have a chance to hack our wallet, but this is not a 100% guarantee. Besides that, you need to keep your private keys in a safe place and only you that will know that places.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄