Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Tips Keeping Your Bitcoin from Hackers.  (Read 2753 times)
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 08:36:28 PM

Maybe an additional one from me, to use the Hardware wallet, the Nano ledger is very suitable to keep your assets from hackers, just you who keep the object properly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 09:01:48 PM

Good tips if followed will help protect and equally prevent ones account from being hacked. Always keep your private keys to your self.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jtrapirap

Activity: 235
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:14:33 PM

Thanks for this useful and helpful tips mate. Basic knowledge on how to safekeep our assets in crypto is a basic requirements before entering investments of this mainstream technology. Sometimes our ignorance and carelessness leads us to give out our important private keys such as on phishing sites on airdrops and giveway programs to lure out newcomers if they are unaware of this fraud acts.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
GoldenBell

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:25:06 AM

You need to be sure that your account have a enough strong password and not easily to be guessed . Remember not to give your password to anyone even person you  really  trust in
mary0919

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:33:22 AM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
2 fa authentication is the way in order to keep our bitcoin safe from hackers. There are many ways in order to keep our wallet safe and there are also many ways for hackers in order to get the attentions of the wallet owners. One thing I could add is we must read carefully the website if that is the real one not a phising one in order not to get hack.
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 02:34:57 AM

Ways to keep your BTC safe from scums:

1. 2fa to all your exchanges
2. donot keep more than what you can lose on exchange
3. keep all btcs in paper wallet
4. never try to tell your btc amount on this forum.
strideynet

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 03:48:33 PM

if you give or store private keys or seed phrases in an insecure place, anyone can hack the wallet
Sobocirevo

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:17:26 PM

Maybe an additional one from me, to use the Hardware wallet, the Nano ledger is very suitable to keep your assets from hackers, just you who keep the object properly.
Hackers are always looking for loopholes to steal bitcoin in someone else's wallet. So protection must be from ourselves. This method might protect your account from hacker attacks:
1. Use the Password generator
2. Enable authentication Two factors
3. Secure your login ID
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 12:21:41 PM

Ways to keep your BTC safe from scums:
1. 2fa to all your exchanges
2. donot keep more than what you can lose on exchange
3. keep all btcs in paper wallet
Do you even read the TS's post?

4. never try to tell your btc amount on this forum.
This is also pointless. Because you can easily check someone's amount of Bitcoin through Block Explorer, it's easy to track the amount.

if you give or store private keys or seed phrases in an insecure place, anyone can hack the wallet
Thank you Mr. Obvious.

Absolutely correct advice, stick to them and all carefully recheck and then you will not be afraid of hackers:)
Yet, hackers are smarter than you. They have lot of ways to hack your account.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Ragnar143

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:03:31 PM

- We must have our own way to keep our Bitcoin safe. The account we use must have a unique password, and not easily guessed.

- Do not equate account passwords associated with Bitcoin with other accounts such as social media, because it is vulnerable to hack, let alone the followers of its social media a lot.

- Use two-factor or 2FD authentication. Additional security layers are easy to apply. Quite a few apps like Google Authenticator as a 2FD installation provider. In essence, it works as a second security layer after the password. When you've entered a keyword into your account, the system will request a two-factor authentication code. The six-digit code does not need to be memorized because it changes every 30 seconds.

- And one more, do not trust everyone. Suppose we provide information about our Bitcoin account to our Mother, it is not impossible that our mother could just tell it to someone else. With the spread of such information will increase the potential for breaking.
thanks for your information
CryptoBull31

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 01:50:00 PM

All the tips in this topic are great and very informative, should be compulsory for new crypto users to read and apply it. I would add one more tip:

Don't use closed source wallets, and especially never store large amounts of money in closed source wallets

This is not that much of a problem for people who only use bitcoin, because bitcoin has been around long enough so that most of the popular and established wallets like Armory, Electrum etc. are fully open source. But if you're like me and also use other coins and tokens, there's not that many options. The popular multiwallets are all closed source. There is never full source code for the current version on github, if you check it it's just pieces of code, or maybe code for some old release. I personally don't trust wallets like that, because I can never have 100% confidence in what happens to my private keys, where are they send, who can see them and so on. I currently use HODLER wallet because it was the only multiwallet I could find that you can go to github and compile the application from the source code by yourself.
saumang2m
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:06:07 PM

To protect your coin from hacks, first of all, we should not give any information to anyone about our account. Because all the accounts have been hacked till date. The reason for most of them being hacked was to make the information public about their account. So you will not give such information to anyone.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
✦ ────────  Facebook ♦️ Twitter ♦️  Telegram ♦️  Blog ♦️  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
notyours

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:50:16 AM

It's also important to check every website you're going to visit as we may be subject to phishing. It's easy to see it by clicking on the view site information.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 08:16:58 AM

Thanking you, for helpful information. Especially for new entrants to crypto. I think it is safer to use a hardware wallet. So you will keep your Bitcoin much safer.
oly4life
Copper Member

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:08:11 PM

I always check that i login through a secured website I activate my 2fa authentication and most importantly I don't keep more than enough in my wallet, I have more than 1 wallet and I spread my btc
Captain Sneeze

Activity: 351
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:33:45 PM

The best way for me to keep yourself from being hacked is by making yourself not a target. Many hackers try to hack your account by your very own personl information. Use only your social media to promote bitcoin but never link it to your account wallets or even the emails you use. There are other things to add in the list but the main gist of it is be knowledgeable and cautious to every move you make.
cunicula
Legendary

Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 04:54:39 AM

don't use a online pc to store private keys. Keep your passcode safe on linux servers so that it is away from intruders.
Soots

Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:47:37 AM

don't use a online pc to store private keys. Keep your passcode safe on linux servers so that it is away from intruders.
Trust no one but yourself, keep security as of topmost priority. Keep your wallet secured and store it in safe place. Use strong random password that is hard to be recognized by someone and that only you know about it. A backup of your wallet can also protect you against computer failures and many human mistakes.
Kakruzo12

Activity: 32

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:25:46 AM

Cold wallet + keeping passwords offline away from PC.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:38:58 AM

In addition to the aforementioned precautions, I still add or remove some figures in my wallet address and these numbers/figures are removed from the beginning, center and the end of the wallet address. Only me know the numbers/figures I removed or added and from where I remove it from. Even if you see my wallet address it is completely useless with the mutilation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: