Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover my lost bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 818 times)
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:03:24 PM

This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it.

Because the point is to "be your own bank". Think about it, if it was easy to recover lost bitcoin "passwords", then that would be a huge flaw that a lot of hackers can exploit. Using bitcoin and it's advantages also comes with risks, and this is one of them. It's your money anyway, why would you be so careless with your password.

I absolutely agree with this.  The point is why even own a password and store it carefully if it can be retrieved in a 'jiffy'. This will certainly be a compromise to the originality and purpose of the blockchain advantage. With many bugs continually cleaned out this will be viewed as a serious scandal if this were true.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:18:32 PM

This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it.

Because the point is to "be your own bank". Think about it, if it was easy to recover lost bitcoin "passwords", then that would be a huge flaw that a lot of hackers can exploit. Using bitcoin and it's advantages also comes with risks, and this is one of them. It's your money anyway, why would you be so careless with your password.

I absolutely agree with this.  The point is why even own a password and store it carefully if it can be retrieved in a 'jiffy'. This will certainly be a compromise to the originality and purpose of the blockchain advantage. With many bugs continually cleaned out this will be viewed as a serious scandal if this were true.

Exactly. Though it depends on what wallet you're using. Exchange wallets have support teams that would probably give you hell in trying to prove yourself that it's actually you trying to retrieve the password. Better to just keep everything backed up.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
BitpokerONI

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:17:47 AM

It is an advanced and extremely fast passwords recovery tool for encrypted bitcoin wallets,and it have created a highly optimized multi-threaded program to perform the brute-force decryption,I really have some bewilderment whether it works before I download the software,and before I used it
Pasaway2701

Activity: 479
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:31:12 AM

Good thing to have recovery email for the lost wallet password to have access on that account because it will be worst for you to forget the most important thing. You have to save more copy on you different device in case of lost. Wallet that unrecoverable make you learn from it to be more careful in second time, your work will be waste if not.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Marinanik2018

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:11:19 PM

I have a great idea, you just need to find a person who under hypnosis will help find the password in memory. It remains to find such a person  Grin
mikejack

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:45:14 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 02:00:04 PM by mikejack

If this happend to anyone,You will need to generate a list of potential password phrases based on your best guess for your password,this is the only way to recover your password.You should make back up copies of this wallet,but you must use the latest copy. If you are using a copy of the wallet and you have updated your password after the latest copy, this will not work due to the wallet keys being changed.,you may come across problems along the way. Remember, google is your friend when trying to understand the problem and figuring out a solution,
mommysean

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:46:55 PM

if you have a wallet file, i think you still can bruteforce your wallet password with a help from some peoples.
but if you dont have a wallet file, you cannot do anything about your wallet unfortunately.
Jcabudx

Activity: 236
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:25:30 PM

If you are storing your bitcoins on a wallet with private keys then you can use those private keys to access your wallet even without the password. But if you created a wallet but you do not have the private key because you created your wallet on a website that hosts a bitcoin wallet then all you need to do is to contact  their support.

Yes, but you will need to prove that this is your wallet.
It may be very difficult to recover your lost password but I wish you luck.
Try to find first email you received from them.

I think if you use wallet that is only in the website you browse you are hardly to recover it but if you used a wallet that can be downloaded or so called application that has a private key and also you can put an email there for recovery or to contact for their support.
Alex Foman

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:27:46 PM

I heard that it's practically impossible, right? I read a lot about the fact that people are diligently discussing this topic and will not come to any option
hridoyb

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 03:50:03 PM

People who can't remember their Bitcoin wallet passwords are really freaking out now,and not all early cryptocurrency enthusiasts are counting their coins. Instead they might be racking their brains trying to remember their wallet passwords, without which those few Bitcoins they bought as an experiment a few years ago could be locked away forever. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year,and my friend recommend this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I used it last month,in fact,it really works after I used it,and I instantly knew that other people may face the same issue,so I recommend it to your guys.

Some people maybe had confusion that bad guys have the chance to steal their wallet money when the software decrypt the password, but this software can operate without a network so that users can protect their’ confidentiality, and it doesn’t upload any of your information, without giving them any opportunity to steal your money. and you can make you computers offline all the time until the password was obtained,and until the coins has been transferred ,then make the computer connect the Internet,and I had retrieved my password through it,hopefully it can help you.

Good luck to your guys.

How its possible? If I have created an account any exchanger than i can recover btc wallet for joining their community support.But its impossible to recover desktop wallet because this wallet only accesses for privet key with sign in message. Example  anyone has given her private key on phishing site  impossible to recover her asset.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Cynthia Andradee

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:27:49 AM

Try to remember the first email that registered and you will need to prove that this is your wallet. No one can help you if you forget all the things!
oriona

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:34:56 AM

This is a good thing, I want the managers to back up and restore your password, but instead we will have a big security hole for the bad guys, so I see This is good, but it is good, but ask why you lost
TommyJr

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:20:16 AM

There is a privet key and if you want to recover then you must go through the key.
csefarhad

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 10:48:00 AM

I face the problem few days ago its my personal experience one day i was seen my bitcoin wallet password was not doing then i was afraid. Then i was got a link to verify my wallet by my email address and by email i was recover my lost bitcoin wallet password.
poletando

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

PlayGame.com

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 11:10:11 AM

as I know, that if you use the 3rd party address I think there are any menu to forgot your password and will give a verification into your email and will reset on your password, for some wallet that I know I can see that we should do KYC for reset password, I think you can do that in your 3rd party bitcoin wallet

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
Whitepaper Powering real economy in the gaming world Onepager
Telegram ENG / IND Group Channel ⟩──MediumTwitterYouTube
jhonvir666

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:20:05 AM

If you are accumulating your bitcoins in a wallet that's really a private key because it really saves our bitcoins when you have a very private key. Then you can use the private keys to access your wallet even if your password is lost. But if you want to build a wallet but you do not have a private key just because you just make your wallet on a website just host a bitcoin wallet but it has no private key so Such a wallet is not safe and loses your bitcoin so keeping your guide and all you need to do now is to contact our lifters and also need their support.
StuartJonson

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 09:18:46 AM

In order to recover password you should inform the authority and they will take necessary step for you.
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:24:19 AM

Is this true? By knowing I have no way to recover your Bitcoin Wallet password especially if it's Hardwallet because privatey is the one you need password here. And if your wallet is Coinbase there you can recover it. And I see no way to recover your wallet password again.

MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:45:44 AM

Yes to recover your lost Bitcoin wallet password is to send a message or contact the people involved on this site or click on another website to get more information about how to get an idea to recover your betting wallet password so you must follow step by step steps to recover it. You can also restore it with the help of your recovery account.For example a login account that you can use to forget your password and create a new password. This will be good news if it is true. But it must be proven by many people to trtust the source. Without proven for example hundreds of people try it then if they are satisfied then it should be reliable. However, according to my knowledge after you lose your private key and password you can not access the wallet anymore it means the bit coin can be lost.
hdtqisg

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 09:27:45 AM

If you are storing your bitcoins on a wallet with private keys then you can use those private keys to access your wallet even without the password. But if you created a wallet but you do not have the private key because you created your wallet on a website that hosts a bitcoin wallet then all you need to do is to contact  their support.
You can use any software that supports password searching, but limit the software required to run online! Consider every situation when using!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: