Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:37:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PRE-SHIP AGAIN! SOLD OUT [GROUP BUY 5] 3.15 BTC Bitmain Antminer 180GH 300 Units  (Read 35152 times)
kmarei

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:15:17 AM

Maybe there's another thread somewhere for this but has anyone discussed that even with so much power of our Antminer S1, it's looking very doubtful that we're gonna get our ROI of 3.15BTC?  [I'm not complaining at all; as I suspected it from the start before I bought it  Smiley ]

I just want to focus the discussion on ROI wrt Antminer S1.  What are your plans/contingencies?

I'm basing my numbers from playing around with the S1 since last night (about 13 hours worth of data); so not really significant sample size.

Many thanks to sushi and Bitmain for such a FAST shipping and so easy setup (literally 5 minutes; of course I was timid and took my time so maybe 15 minutes setup).  I had everything ready; table, power supply, dd-wrt router brdiged via wifi to my main router (same one I'm using for my "downed" Litecoin miner).

Both of mine have been up about 40 hours, and I've already made 0.25 bitcoins
So not bad at all
And that was including some downtime, when I was figuring out about the power supplies and to get rid of some x's that were showing up, right now, both units have full oooo's

Just a thought when it doesn't become profitable to mine bitcoins
Why not switch to another sha-256 currency?

Oh and UPS sucks
Never had a good experience with them
FedEx is much, much better

• 1.  Mine other sha-256 altcoins (and exchange for btc or ltc at cryptsy)
    2.  Sell the Antminer when it can only produce .2btc/day or after 30 days (whichever comes first)
    3.  Buy another miner from sushi if price goes to 2btc within 10 days like $ cost average on stocks except with btc (effective price for 1 Antminer would be ~2.6btc)

I was thinking same as you if btc mining gets too difficult to mine altcoins and exchange for btc.  This is exactly what I was doing just before my ltc miner crashed.  I was mining fastcoins and exchanging for ltc, because ltc mining did not produce as much when ltc difficulty shot up.

You were in a very lucky pool there!  Care to share? Smiley   I got .039 for the first 13 hours, then switched to another pool and got .036 for the next 14 hours.  I'm back with the first pool.

I'v also OC'ed to 400Mhz last night and getting about 202GH/s (average for the past 9 hours).  Cooling is important.  I got a couple of xx's in the first few minutes after OC and when I put the Antminer closer to the big fan (i got from walmart), the x's turned to o's.  Stable right now but California weather has been sunny so I'm waiting to see what happens during the day.

Thanks for your thoughts and inputs.

I first tried eligius, but it sucks
Don't like the concept of a payment queue, where they get to keep my btc for 6 days till they pay me
So I switched to slushs pool
Much better,and because you can login, you can see more accurately what each worker is doing
I have a separate worker setup for each antminer so I can see if there are any problems
I'm about 0.13 bitcoins a day
Which is right about where I should be Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kaega

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:21:49 AM

For 2 AntMiners right?

Protect your coin: Buy a Treznor
cryptomatt

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 03:52:04 AM

Maybe there's another thread somewhere for this but has anyone discussed that even with so much power of our Antminer S1, it's looking very doubtful that we're gonna get our ROI of 3.15BTC?  [I'm not complaining at all; as I suspected it from the start before I bought it  Smiley ]

I just want to focus the discussion on ROI wrt Antminer S1.  What are your plans/contingencies?

I'm basing my numbers from playing around with the S1 since last night (about 13 hours worth of data); so not really significant sample size.

Many thanks to sushi and Bitmain for such a FAST shipping and so easy setup (literally 5 minutes; of course I was timid and took my time so maybe 15 minutes setup).  I had everything ready; table, power supply, dd-wrt router brdiged via wifi to my main router (same one I'm using for my "downed" Litecoin miner).

So not bad at all
And that was including some downtime, when I was figuring out about the power supplies and to get rid of some x's that were showing up, right now, both units have full oooo's

Oh and UPS sucks

2.  Sell the Antminer when it can only produce .2btc/day or after 30 days (whichever comes first)
    3.  Buy another miner from sushi if price goes to 2btc within 10 days like $ cost average on stocks except with btc (effective price for 1 Antminer would be ~2.6btc)

I was thinking same as you if btc mining gets too difficult to mine altcoins and exchange for btc.  This is exactly what I was doing just before my ltc miner crashed.  I was mining fastcoins and exchanging for ltc, because ltc mining did not produce as much when ltc difficulty shot up.

You were in a very lucky pool there!  Care to share? Smiley   I got .039 for the first 13 hours, then switched to another pool and got .036 for the next 14 hours.  I'm back with the first pool.

I'v also OC'ed to 400Mhz last night and getting about 202GH/s (average for the past 9 hours).  Cooling is important.  I got a couple of xx's in the first few minutes after OC and when I put the Antminer closer to the big fan (i got from walmart), the x's turned to o's.  Stable right now but California weather has been sunny so I'm waiting to see what happens during the day.

Don't like the concept of a payment queue, where they get to keep my btc for 6 days till they pay me
Much better,and because you can login, you can see more accurately what each worker is doing
I have a separate worker setup for each antminer so I can see if there are any problems

Eligius doesn't keep your coins for 6 days and you can login.  I have it set to pay to my blockchain.info wallet daily.  You just need to go into the settings and configure your payout limit.  Eligius has been pretty good in my experience.
palawan

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:35:40 AM

So not bad at all

Oh and UPS sucks

Eligius doesn't keep your coins for 6 days and you can login.  I have it set to pay to my blockchain.info wallet daily.  You just need to go into the settings and configure your payout limit.  Eligius has been pretty good in my experience.

I had switched to eligius last night and received my payoff .79btc to my blockchain wallet after ~26 hours. Yes, I got put in queue payoff but because I set my auto payoff to .025, I got paid to the wallet about 12 hours after hitting the amount.

That's what I recommend for auto payoff setting .025 bitcoin which should get hit in 12 hours if running OC'ed. 200 GH/s

halu
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:13:29 PM

Eligius doesn't keep your coins for 6 days and you can login.  I have it set to pay to my blockchain.info wallet daily.  You just need to go into the settings and configure your payout limit.  Eligius has been pretty good in my experience.

Also, Eligius supports workers too. Just add _workername to the username (payout address) for each worker.

But nothing wrong with slush's pool either. I've used that at times and I'm using that as my primary backup now.
bitmutiny

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:28:36 PM

Did you get contacted saying that your hosted miners were ready or what?  I haven't heard anything about it and I'm still waiting to hear back on my ticket.  Just making sure I didn't get forgotten.

Nope, I PM'd sushi my pool and worker info and about 1.5 or 2 days later I found they started hashing by checking my pool.

arphon

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:32:56 PM

miner from group buy 3 and miner from this group buy arrived today Smiley)))) at last. last generation has power socket for pcie cables, embedded on boards Cheesy they are improving designs on every  generation i guess.
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 05:49:46 PM

My hosted unit is gone.
Plissken

Activity: 251

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:31:22 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 11:28:14 AM by Plissken

sushi  -5 days, hosting = 0x0 = 0.00000000 BTC = -0.32btc
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17GrEsaGnxPXmSXQVrHhH8VVanJ5bp6nku

I want OverClocked to 200-205 GH / S 200 - 205 GH/S

Group Buy 6 SHIPPED !!!!!!!
Tracking# will be e-mail to you in 2 days or so.  

Embarrassed Embarrassed

Plissken

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:39:46 PM

Also, can you afford 2-3 weeks of down time in this process?

If it's down for that long, I can see you sticking your hands into your computer screen to choke me out here....

Yes.
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17GrEsaGnxPXmSXQVrHhH8VVanJ5bp6nku

I am not satisfied with the service.
I request a refund of 3.15 BTC

Adress refund: 17GrEsaGnxPXmSXQVrHhH8VVanJ5bp6nku

Thanks!

Mapuo

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:19:03 PM

Does anyone have the same problems?
Andrey

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:21:12 PM

Does anyone have the same problems?

As I've been told internet there were connecting problems on my hosting place, so I once lost 12 hours of mining and then hashing isn't very stable, getting warnings of hashrate drops all day. Sometimes miners switch to backup pools, sometimes just loose some minutes of mining.

Mapuo

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:28:34 PM

support doesn't respond...

who is he
Mapuo

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:25:13 PM

Last Active:    07 January 2014, 17:47:33

This is more than 24 hours ago
Blorgg

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:28:00 PM

Yay shippment is lost by UPS almost made it here .... Sent you an message here Sushi need you to open a investigation into it as where I am the reciever i can not open an investigation ....
Thanks in advance and sorry about this

Blorgg
Mapuo

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:11:01 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 10:21:08 PM by Mapuo

sushi, you have 2 PMs from me. Hosted miner have problems last 30+ hours. You are online more than 3-4 hours, and no reply...

Plissken

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:35:12 AM

sushi, you have 2 PMs from me. Hosted miner have problems last 30+ hours. You are online more than 3-4 hours, and no reply...

I think, that Sushi fixed the problem.
I had the same problem with my miners, but now all of them work good at 180 Gh speed.
Confg. namecoin
Announcements:
My Eligius page is now live, and some options are implemented, including namecoin mergedmining at 105% PPS!

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?cmd=options

Mapuo

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:20:37 AM

I think, that Sushi fixed the problem.
I had the same problem with my miners, but now all of them work good at 180 Gh speed.
Free 4-th month hosting will be good compensation for  the downtime
Plissken

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:56:34 PM

Free 4-th month hosting will be good compensation for  the downtime

Never again hosting. It's a chaos

Latest Payouts
No data available.
All time total payout: 0.00000000 BTC

Mapuo

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:07:26 PM

Yes, 38 hours lost. Sushi, think about that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: