View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:25:34 PM

I love the color combo! Goodluck
Tera-Hash

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 08:03:30 PM

Thanks! i can modificate it too if you have better ideas or something, i'm web designer/programmer too so i'm available.
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:01:32 AM

Why is there a need to collect bitcoins over a course of 3 months. I am sure 50 btc is sufficient to create an excellent coin and we are already at around 16 btc. 3 months seems like a very long time to collect investments.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:28:23 AM

Why is there a need to collect bitcoins over a course of 3 months. I am sure 50 btc is sufficient to create an excellent coin and we are already at around 16 btc. 3 months seems like a very long time to collect investments.

on top of that the altcoin world will have undergone major changes within these 3 months. this thread can't be taken seriously...
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:36:09 AM

I already discussed this with @ visacoin.  1 month  of funding is okay, hopefully he will listen
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:37:48 AM

I already discussed this with @ visacoin.  1 month  of funding is okay, hopefully he will listen

One month is good. I propose the due date to be January 25th, a month from when Visacoin opened to fundings.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
MsCollec
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:39:37 AM

One month is good. I propose the due date to be January 25th, a month from when Visacoin opened to fundings.

Supported  Cheesy
Coinsy

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:57:25 AM

I sent this to Visacoin, but I've corrected the OP for grammatical issues. Hopefully this will help newcomers to better understand the Visacoin project.

Why do we need Visacoin?

Most of the time a dollar is in your wallet in the morning and in the afternoon it’s in the Starbuck’s register. We rarely keep the same dollars in our pocket for more than days at a time, no matter how rich or poor we might be. Why? My experience in the bank industry has taught me if there is no circulation, the dollar is just a piece of paper. Conversely, if that same dollar circulates, its value will be doubled. Take a look at your BTC, how long have you kept your bitcoin in your personal wallets? From the moment you get them, they often do not move outside of the confines of your wallet addresses.

There are many reasons for that but one of them are that BTC wallets are very inconvenient to use:

• They are 8G or more
  • We have to wait for confirmation that amounts to 10 minutes of our time or more
  • You cannot use them for every purchase you’d like to make (You’re starving but cannot use your BTC to buy a hamburger at a specific burger joint)
There are many problems with BTC preventing it from widespread use. BTC in a lot of ways is gold, and we don’t directly use gold as trade for goods and services. It’s not practical. We don’t walk into KFC offering a unit of gold in exchange for a bucket of chicken. BTC is the same way. For a digital currency to function in everyday commerce a coin must be easy to use, easy to carry, lightweight, and without copious amounts of data. Visacoin is that answer.

What is Visacoin?

Visacoin is a convenient, safe and reliable method of payment.
How? If you have a deep knowledge of BTC, you know BTC is actually a book -- recording the data source and destination. Visacoin only selects what’s useful to us in the Blockchain. Visacoin is not trying to create an entirely new blockchain like every other cryptocurrency. Instead, it is trying to make the existing BTC blockchain more efficient. Visacoin’s only purpose is to achieve the format necessary for a simple and easy BTC transaction with the use of a card or smartphone. Buy what you want with no waiting, no matter when, no matter where.

How can we get Visacoin?

As mentioned above, Visacoin is not creating its own blockchain, but is selecting from the BTC blockchain. This can accelerate the process of our transaction. Thusly, Visacoin is another form of BTC.

Given this feature we don't have to develop a coin and waste everyone's time on mining. So we are using crowdfunding, similar to the way MSC has.

If you want to get VSC do the following:

1. Deadline: 3 months (90 days) 2014.3.31 will be the final day of the crowdfund. The earlier join in this project the more benefits you get (later I will detail what those are).
2. Limit: In the design, we don't stipulate a minimum and maximum limit. You can send 1mbtc, or1000btc. You choose.
3. Method: Send any amount of BTC to 1PmsmFaNQraZVbBv3Q13jmyucXVJfUo4Hb By the Visacoin foundation management).(Do not forget to pm me),this will affect how much VSC will you get.
https://blockchain.info/address/1PmsmFaNQraZVbBv3Q13jmyucXVJfUo4Hb

How much Visacoin can we get?

Depends on the following three factors:
A: Total BTC of project received.
B: How much BTC you sent.
C: When you send it during the project period (The first month in can get extra rewards).

Extra rewards:

In order to encourage everyone to actively participate in the project, I own part of the BTC as a reward. The first person who sends more than 1 BTC will get the same number of BTC as a reward. The first month in can get extra 1.1X, the second month 1.05X.

DO YOU WANT TO WORK FOR VISACOIN?

We have a ton of work to do. You can help, and get paid for your work!

We have:
1. Working to build wallets and independent software projects.
2. Writing specs for various features.
3. A PR company.
4. Project Management
5. Hiring

And many more…
    To find a project,  Please apply by emailing vsccoins@gamil.com .

We also need to set up a foundation to manage the daily affairs. Including but not limited to the following content:
   1)Release the latest progress of the project,
   2)Supervise the use of money
   3)Solve technical problems
   4)To solve the public doubt
   Etc.
   If you are an honest man(It is more important than any other requirements),and have the time and the ability to management the team,
You can contact me by email(vsccoins@gamil.com),

Now I need at least three people to help me finish prophase works.

Github:https://github.com/visacoin/vsc

Medium and long-term plan will be released.

Blockchain:https://blockchain.info/address/1PmsmFaNQraZVbBv3Q13jmyucXVJfUo4Hb

Google:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApjQ5TKiRAK0dGdFZW1TRENFbC1Hc3Y5OWxaemtGS1E&usp=sharing

VSC Logo Design Contest: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384502.0

I didn't realize that a project will have so many questions on the first day,I all day in response to the question,Really frustrating!!!

New Progress

Short-term plans:
1) Designing a logo of vsc
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384502.0

2) Build a formal website
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385603.0

3)Finished whitepaper
Is writing

Medium-term plan:
1)Set up a Foundation
In different countries and regions
2)Recruitment software developers
((Wallet For Windows.luinx and Mac os.released sourcecodes))
3)Develop an API(for iPhone and android)

In this Step,
development the main functions of vsc:
Secured transactions
Credit facility
Automatic transfers between accounts
Foreign Currency Exchange
Electronic money
more:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=385739.0

Some notes:

1)This project has only just begun. There is a lot of work to be done,As such, I have given up my Christmas holidays for this project. Many people want to see the fruits immediately, They want to want to wake up tomorrow and be a millionaire,. We need hard work to achieve that. It will not be done overnight.
2)This project is like a baby. There are many aspects that need to improve,. There may be all kinds of problems, but we cannot deny the viability of Visacoin if flaws arise. And they will.
3)I'm tired of responding to a variety of suspicions on the project ,so,I will only answer questions about technical issues. If you do not believe, that is fine, but please leave the discussion so that constructive communication can thrive. This project is open source.,
4) I must remind: everyone that any project has the possibility of failure, including this one. MSC’s plight has confirmed this, . I'd rather you see it as an attempt, a kind of opportunity which can change the BTC world. If it fails, I will lose all of my worth in BTC, so I will try my best to make it successful.

I will always publish any new progress I make on the Visacoin project.

Thanks to those who have encouraged me!!
MsCollec
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:07:27 AM

Congrats  Tera-Hash
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:25:47 AM

Well done,I'll pay you 100vsc as a reward

IMO simpler and safer should be changed to simple and safe. It should not be assumed in the logo that it is being compared to alternate currencies/payment systems.

Edit: that being said, I like the logo.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
btc24

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:32:22 AM

I'm supersuspicios here... Looks like the most scammy scam.I hope it's not.
plasm

Activity: 325

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 03:59:57 AM

It seems very good,and the progress is beyond my imagination!
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:27:42 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 05:46:04 AM by markm

Visacoin’s only purpose is to achieve the format necessary for a simple and easy BTC transaction with the use of a card or smartphone. Buy what you want with no waiting, no matter when, no matter where.

So now you are just a bitcoin-app-for-smartphones with associated cards? Not an alternative coin afterall, the coin you will be sending and receiving and using and so on is actually bitcoin?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Financisto

Activity: 632
Merit: 768

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:39:50 AM
Last edit: December 28, 2013, 05:59:23 AM by Financisto

1st) Raising funds before showing any white paper?

2nd) No further discussion about that project at any other thread?

3rd) Is OP a newbie?

I have a bad feeling about it... Undecided

LIST • ESCROW providers • Ranking & Scores available!LIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
relm9

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:45:52 AM

It's funny people are comparing this to MSC and NXT. Do your research, both of those were much more solid than this, albeit still risky. I won't bother pointing out all the red flags, but the OP hasn't shared any real technical details and his writing comes across as very vague. Plus creating things like an empty github to make it seem more legit to people that might not know any better. This has scam written all over it...
Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:51:03 AM

It's funny people are comparing this to MSC and NXT. Do your research, both of those were much more solid than this, albeit still risky. I won't bother pointing out all the red flags, but the OP hasn't shared any real technical details and his writing comes across as very vague. Plus creating things like an empty github to make it seem more legit to people that might not know any better. This has scam written all over it...
Agree, hard to believe that someone is investing in this scam
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2013, 05:58:28 AM

Why would you believe it? Have they stolen any identities yet or is it just sockpuppets so far or even just anyonymous bitcoin-balances?

There are suckers all over through so really that is all they need, until all the suckers run out of money and new suckers stop being born they likely camke good money running scams like this all over the internet. This might be far from the only such scam they have running.

Here is a potentially useful link: http://bitcoinism.blogspot.ca/2013/12/lex-cryptographia.html

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
datguyian

Merit: 251

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:18:56 AM

Why would you believe it? Have they stolen any identities yet or is it just sockpuppets so far or even just anyonymous bitcoin-balances?

There are suckers all over through so really that is all they need, until all the suckers run out of money and new suckers stop being born they likely camke good money running scams like this all over the internet. This might be far from the only such scam they have running.

Here is a potentially useful link: http://bitcoinism.blogspot.ca/2013/12/lex-cryptographia.html

-MarkM-

People are either:

A) willing to take the risk and can afford it
B) actually know this visa coin guy and what he is capable of
C) dare devils

My moderate .25 btc investment was based on the fact that I could afford to lose that particular amount of money without becoming homicidal... and I'm genuinely interested to see if OP can deliver on his promise. I fully acknowledge that the .25 could be a total loss to a scam, but hell... Most of my money I've invested in crypto currencies was based on that same argument. And I've been doing well so far, so let's see what happens here. Tbh I have not seen any evidence that this project will succeed, but I also haven't seen any evidence that it will fail. So time will tell.

I should also mention that I would have been willing to invest a whole lot more with a decent whitepaper and evidence of how this project could or will succeed.... Pay attention to this OP... Scam or not, the more you can prove how success of this project will happen, the more funds you will raise/steal.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 11:05:36 AM

Well done,I'll pay you 100vsc as a reward

IMO simpler and safer should be changed to simple and safe. It should not be assumed in the logo that it is being compared to alternate currencies/payment systems.

Edit: that being said, I like the logo.

Yes, i think that your proposal is good

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: