Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:12:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VIRTUAL MINING CORP  (Read 9339 times)
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:40:14 PM

By the way, this is the original post of this thread, so any questions about the validity of VMC and the scam they are working is quite on topic.

Has anyone that has prepaid for a miner from VMC gotten the bitcoin miner yet?
If so can you post a picture of it working at your house THANK YOU???
We are not sure if anyone has gotten anything yet! Huh
Bargraphics

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:54:05 PM

ken found out right on 30 November (right on the shipping deadline) that chips are going to be late?
Maybe it slipped by me but I believe November/December is the shipping deadline you are trying to quote right? That would mean december 31st would be "Right on the shipping deadline". Please try to be accurate with your posts.

I find that hard to believe+ fact that there were no reasons supplied. BFL had the mighty "clock buffers", HashFast had "lack of substrate", but VMC has nothing. Yes i should trust this company.

Since you are looking for their excuse here it is.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297543.msg3782916#msg3782916
Intellihash(tm)

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company.

Don't ask me what Intellihash is, what "modify the software in our chips" means, I don't know nor do I care. I'm simply correcting you like usual.

Wow, you really know how to obfuscate the truth with your layers of bullshit. You just said people should give VMC two extra months, just like they did for hashfast. In October your mighty boss ken slaughter is telling people that the shopping cart has accurate shipping dates. Some weeks later, he says it has accurate shipping quotes again, still two months out. Nowhere are people told that they won't be getting their shipments.

Please calm down and try to write correctly, it is hard enough to try and follow what you are saying.
If I can try to understand what you wrote you are saying that Ken gave estimated shipping dates, then as new information came up he updated those shipping dates (While offering refunds to anyone that wanted them) and then I'm lost with your "Nowhere are people told that they won't be getting their shipments."

In fact, the post you quoted says that shipments have already started. Where is the proof of that? Where are all those customers?  

"Shipping:

We have this last week shipped our first products to customers.
"

What the hell are you trying to hide?  I can't be lying because I never promised anything or intentionally misled people about the situation. You have.  

We have been asking him to post proof of this, maybe you should ask as well. It looks like you finally are starting to read a little bit. Congratulations as it is a big step in the right direction for you.
Although every time you post with statements that I have to correct you are in fact intentionally misleading people with false information. Please keep this to a minimum, thank you!

Since you said it again, do you even understand what illiteracy is?
I do, I assumed you could not read due to me having to quote myself multiple times to answer questions/statements you made after they were already answered in this very same thread.
Maybe I was wrong and you can read so I guess we'll move on to the next two options.

Again I have to assume you are because everything you ask has already been answered if you just took the time to read. So you obviously have a hard time reading, are extremely lazy, or are trolling. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Now we're left with Extremely Lazy or are trolling. Due to the amount of effort you are putting into this thread I have a hard time seeing you as lazy but that could still be the case.

I'm going to assume trolling now.

RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:04:03 PM

You're useless. I hope anyone considering this purchase comes across your posts and sees what kind of punk represents VMC.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:25:39 AM

What did you expect? They're shareholders, and they're okay with scamming new customers because they've been scammed out of their money themselves (and no, that doesn't make it okay).

Consider them for what they are: scammers.

I know this now. I didn't know anything about the massive scam of shares that these guys invested in. Of course they need to defend the company, victims of a scam are often delusional, and its possible that these guys will profit if more people buy from vmc.
Ozymandias

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:30:39 AM

You're useless. I hope anyone considering this purchase comes across your posts and sees what kind of punk represents VMC.

Dude, how is your ass not sore from this non-stop spanking?
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:44:54 AM

Me? If you think this gets to me at all you must be part of this scumbags crew. Listening to scammers and thieves try to talk their way out of bad deals is hilarious.
miter_myles

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:06:43 AM

Is VMC not listed as a scam yet??

I remember a couple months ago there was a surge of "shareholders" pumping this massive douche canoe of an operation up..  is it that time yet again?

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
NickDanger

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:12:44 AM

What did you expect? They're shareholders, and they're okay with scamming new customers because they've been scammed out of their money themselves (and no, that doesn't make it okay).

Consider them for what they are: scammers.

I know this now. I didn't know anything about the massive scam of shares that these guys invested in. Of course they need to defend the company, victims of a scam are often delusional, and its possible that these guys will profit if more people buy from vmc.

Two things going on here.

One is the dumb animal fear of people just realizing the shit they got themselves into.  There's a guy here who "invested" his retirement fund, i shit you not, into this bag of festering fail.  Can you frikin' imagine?  And, just like with a Ponzi scheme, admitting the truth means you'll be the one left holding the bag.  

The other sort-a stems from the first.  Most here are too stupid to scam, so don't attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Bargraphics

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 12:35:57 PM

Me? If you think this gets to me at all you must be part of this scumbags crew. Listening to scammers and thieves try to talk their way out of bad deals is hilarious.

If you need any more education please let me know. The BTC world is a tough one out there so I can understand why you are always so upset after my posts provide you with more information to sift through.

Just please try to be civil and not so hypocritical with your posts.

Instead of answering questions, I'm being attacked for asking them. This is the behavior of a scammer, not an honest business.
Instead of answering that, I expect more personal attacks.

moron.
scammer
shill poster
stupid
psychic
thief
liar.
loser.
GTFO.
You're useless.
scumbags

Also I recommend not appearing so desperate for others to agree with you. You are quoting a known troll who has a bone to pick with ActM since Day 1.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240677.msg2550420#msg2550420

The other person "Nick Danger" is also crumbs (Another troll that was already banned) and will hopefully be banned once I mod realises this

The point of this all is that while I made every effort to answer and fulfill all of the questions/concerns RickJamesBTC made he continued to badger and harass me through the thread. This is a person who does not care about information
I don't need to perform due diligence, moron.
All he wants to do is scream scam and feel good about himself at the end of the day if this does end up being a scam. He doesn't care about the community else he would be flying up there or doing his due diligence to find definitive proof that this is a scam other than passing around accusations of "Ponzi" and "Proof".

To anyone thinking about purchasing from VMC, read this entire thread and try to excuse the way RickJamesBTC presented himself on here. He does bring up good points occasionally if you can sift through the anger and badgering. Take all of the evidence posts on either side and come up with your own risk assessment. If it's too risky for you then DO NOT PURCHASE.
metroickha

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:11:27 PM

I placed 2 orders on 22th of November with shipping date 31th of December 2014. My shipping dates are moved to atleast February 22th.

Last e-mail from VMC customer service
--
Dear Customer,
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order.Your items wont be shipping til between February 22th-March 20th.

Regards,
Customer service
--

Are you going to wait or get a refund? If you choose to get a refund please report back here how the process went.

Sadly there are a lot of alt accounts of crumbs being made (dolor, doloreshaze, doloresmaze, nickdanger, cropcircle) because he was banned so if you could provide some definitive proof of your order/payment that would be great. If not I understand.

I don't want to get a refund. I will be waiting till the 22th of February.

My order proof:
http://i39.tinypic.com/67r24x.jpg

I am not this 'crumbs' person. I am simple and fair. If I make a mistake, then I admit my mistake. If VMC turns to be scam, then so it be. We can't help it anyway, can we?
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:28:36 PM

I find that hard to believe+ fact that there were no reasons supplied. BFL had the mighty "clock buffers", HashFast had "lack of substrate", but VMC has nothing. Yes i should trust this company.

Intellihash(tm)

Intellihash is our new trademark for our new Bitcoin mining software which gives up to a 20% increase in hashing speed and has the possibility to increase the speed of our mining machines as the difficulty goes up.  We have had to modify the software in our chips to make it work with our new software.  The chips are going to be late; however, our new Intellihash software could be a game changer for the company.

Don't ask me what Intellihash is, what "modify the software in our chips" means, I don't know nor do I care. I'm simply correcting you like usual.

I don't know if you are aware of the Danone practices on the market. They have patented a very popular bacterium found in large intestines of most mammals and they named it "Bifidus Actiregularis". It seems that you (an investor) and nobody else is aware what "Intellihash" is or what it represents. I don't see why it can't be something like in Danone's case. From what i read on the forum making a SHA-256 ASIC chip is really really easy, doable by someone in college. Also considering that they are the only company with the trademark for...actually i don't even know what is it for. Mining software in the chips???(wtf is that. i thought chips are only hardware) or simple bitcoin mining software? If is it for the software then why delay the chips? If it's for the chips then what can you trademark there?

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

Intellihash(tm)

I don't know if you are aware of the Danone practices on the market. They have patented a very popular bacterium found in large intestines of most mammals and they named it "Bifidus Actiregularis". It seems that you (an investor) and nobody else is aware what "Intellihash" is or what it represents. I don't see why it can't be something like in Danone's case. From what i read on the forum making a SHA-256 ASIC chip is really really easy, doable by someone in college. Also considering that they are the only company with the trademark for...actually i don't even know what is it for. Mining software in the chips???(wtf is that. i thought chips are only hardware) or simple bitcoin mining software? If is it for the software then why delay the chips? If it's for the chips then what can you trademark there?

My personal opinion of "Intellihash" is that it is a marketing gimmick. I told you that no one has any idea what it could mean and Ken did not give any insight really to draw conclusions on. We are most likely in agreeance that this particular part of that November update is bullshit.

Anyone in college that is taking a related course can write the verilog code for a SHA-256 ASIC. It's not very hard. However the backend design of an ASIC has to go to an appropriate company or someone very talented and familiar with that process. You have to use certain PLLs and Libraries specific to the Fab that you are going to be using (Hence you have to get Fab acceptance prior to starting the ASIC process which is actually very difficult to do)

Ken is an old school businessman, a lot of the way he does business I disagree with. Trademarks are nice and all but useless really in this industry. Product speaks for itself and the IP (Verilog, backend files, and mask set are all allocated to the company that purchased them only anyways).

You can trademark most anything, doesn't mean it will stick. It seems he is just trademarking the names so no one else can use them (not sure why anyone else want to)

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:41:44 PM

I placed 2 orders on 22th of November with shipping date 31th of December 2014. My shipping dates are moved to atleast February 22th.

--
Dear Customer,
Pre-Order Terms: This is a pre-order. 28nm ASIC products are shipped according to placement in the order queue, and delivery may take 3 months or more after order.Your items wont be shipping til between February 22th-March 20th.

Regards,
Customer service
--

Are you going to wait or get a refund? If you choose to get a refund please report back here how the process went.

Sadly there are a lot of alt accounts of crumbs being made (dolor, doloreshaze, doloresmaze, nickdanger, cropcircle) because he was banned so if you could provide some definitive proof of your order/payment that would be great. If not I understand.

My order proof:

I am not this 'crumbs' person. I am simple and fair. If I make a mistake, then I admit my mistake. If VMC turns to be scam, then so it be. We can't help it anyway, can we?

Thank you for this, it really is appreciated.

I didn't think you were the "crumbs" person but you can't be too careful. He is not very clever with his alts.

Once I visit Ken in mid January I will report back here so you can make a more informed decision. If there's nothing to show then I will report as such.
metroickha

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:51:07 PM

Thank you for this, it really is appreciated.

I didn't think you were the "crumbs" person but you can't be too careful. He is not very clever with his alts.

Once I visit Ken in mid January I will report back here so you can make a more informed decision. If there's nothing to show then I will report as such.

You are welcome. Why wouldn't someone post their order detail in the first place? I will be waiting for your report, whether good or bad.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:05:14 PM

Intellihash(tm)

My personal opinion of "Intellihash" is that it is a marketing gimmick. I told you that no one has any idea what it could mean and Ken did not give any insight really to draw conclusions on. We are most likely in agreeance that this particular part of that November update is bullshit.

Anyone in college that is taking a related course can write the verilog code for a SHA-256 ASIC. It's not very hard. However the backend design of an ASIC has to go to an appropriate company or someone very talented and familiar with that process. You have to use certain PLLs and Libraries specific to the Fab that you are going to be using (Hence you have to get Fab acceptance prior to starting the ASIC process which is actually very difficult to do)

Ken is an old school businessman, a lot of the way he does business I disagree with. Trademarks are nice and all but useless really in this industry. Product speaks for itself and the IP (Verilog, backend files, and mask set are all allocated to the company that purchased them only anyways).

You can trademark most anything, doesn't mean it will stick. It seems he is just trademarking the names so no one else can use them (not sure why anyone else want to)

Finally! I'm glad that in the light of the New Year's Eve and after many name calling we got to a common ground. This is one of the reasons this company seems strange to me even if i'm not so familiar with public companies and also comparing the transparency from the bitcoin hardware companies. Now considering that we got to some sort of agreement i am waiting for your January report.

auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

--
Dear Customer,

Regards,
Customer service
--

My order proof:

Thank you for posting this up. Is there another customer that ordered before November that has a different shipping ETA? Please post.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:55:21 PM

He doesn't care about the community else he would be flying up there or doing his due diligence to find definitive proof that this is a scam other than passing around accusations of "Ponzi" and "Proof".

Yes, I should have to fly to where this bs company is to try and get some proof that they exist. Every time you write a new post, you just show everyone reading that you are involved more than you claim. You can ridicule me for making my accusations, I don't give a shit what you say. You believe that it is ok for the ceo of the company to post here in october that orders would ship in november - december, and you don't care what happens to the people who then sent more money in. Tell you what, you can ignore my posts, or I can ignore yours. I won't be responding to you anymore because I don't believe a word you say. I'll keep asking for someone else who works VMC to come forward with some evidence that they shipped product as they said, or have actually developed anything at all. No matter what you say about the IC business, there are plenty of other parts involved. All we saw was an off the shelf computer case.

Bargraphics

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 09:02:39 PM

He doesn't care about the community else he would be flying up there or doing his due diligence to find definitive proof that this is a scam other than passing around accusations of "Ponzi" and "Proof".
Yes, I should have to fly to where this bs company is to try and get some proof that they exist. Every time you write a new post, you just show everyone reading that you are involved more than you claim. You can ridicule me for making my accusations, I don't give a shit what you say. You believe that it is ok for the ceo of the company to post here in october that orders would ship in november - december, and you don't care what happens to the people who then sent more money in. Tell you what, you can ignore my posts, or I can ignore yours. I won't be responding to you anymore because I don't believe a word you say. I'll keep asking for someone else who works VMC to come forward with some evidence that they shipped product as they said, or have actually developed anything at all. No matter what you say about the IC business, there are plenty of other parts involved. All we saw was an off the shelf computer case.

You are bat shit crazy.

Please respect what you write so I don't have to keep proving your wrong over and over.

I won't be responding to you anymore because I don't believe a word you say.
RickJamesBTC

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:15:52 PM

No matter what you say about the IC business, there are plenty of other parts involved.
Indeed, my early skepticism was mostly on the boards / individual miners (single slot PCI Express cards) which seemed poorly thought and while not being covered by a NDA, still have zero info, not even mockups. Despite my efforts they still all focused on "eASIC".

But it turns out even the chips aren't there!

Seriously. Look at the progress reports from cointerra and hashfast. Anyone buying from VMC or investing in their crazy share scheme must just like to get ripped off.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:41:06 PM

Wow.   Isn't this the company that sold stock to people who thought it was a good investment to value a company at $12MM that had ORDERS (not machines) for 500 GH/s of avalons?Huh
Who would have thought economics like that would would not have worked out?
I am really surprised the projections of the stock being worth 100X the IPO price did not occur.  What happened to all the 'bigger fools' that are supposed to bail out pumpers?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: