Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 05:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold your coins in multiple wallets  (Read 4802 times)
angrybirdy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 276

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 05:27:35 PM

Hi,

I lost some coins this year (my own fault in Phising)
But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

When your wallet is hacked you only lose this wallet.
This is my lesson for the next time  Smiley (and some other securities)

What do you do to secure your coins / tokens?

using multiple wallets is not the solution to avoid hacking, since you just said that you were a victim of phising, which is actually your own fault, you must be careful next time, or use a different wallet like hardware wallet.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
balamuda

Activity: 318
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:28:13 PM

You are right, storing coins in one wallet will risk losing if we are careless, but dividing in some wallets will be much better to protect the assets we have, of course we must be careful.
ElizaZX

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:36:56 PM

I just wind every time a new wallet, when I participate in the company's new bounty. And when I do not collect assets in one purse.
forestgunman

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:38:25 PM

I wont put my coins into multiple wallets, because this will only increase the chance of losing the coins if their passwords are not stored properly.
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:43:32 PM

Hi,

But if you send your coins to multiple wallets you can split your investments better.

wallets build on blockchain and i don't think so that blockchain can be hacked. maybe you have been tricked by a phishing site.. splitting your coins in different wallets can be dangerous too you may lose your keys  if you have multiple wallets

anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:51:29 PM

Go for hardware wallets. Much safer than using online wallets and exposing your private key to websites!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Zentor

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:56:37 PM

I don`t trust multiwallets either way. It may be easy to use, but unsecure. Cold wallets, used by altcoin developers are the best choice.
crystalworld

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:08:23 PM

It's not easy protecting your coin, most times its been hacked by people close to us and we won't know. Use every good and possible security measures you have to protect your wallet.
verpobs

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:12:26 PM

this method is not the definitive solution. you should be careful when entering other sites with the device you are using to connect your accounts. Do not click links that you do not know.
Tigerw

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:19:39 PM

this method is not the definitive solution. you should be careful when entering other sites with the device you are using to connect your accounts. Do not click links that you do not know.
Coins can be stored even on one purse, but the safety of your funds depends only on your care and caution. At least you need to use another device to work with your coins, with which you do not visit other sites.
FosterEgan

Activity: 149

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 06:20:16 PM

Hi,

I think these wallets have a best community who support it and most people say these wallets have a reliable for the long term and the save the coins/tokens of the scams without harmless and the any risk.

TREZOR
NEON
Granit0

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 07:53:35 PM

If you only hold a few token then it can be done but if you have a lot of token then it will become a chore to do. It's better to just invest a little money in hardware wallet, you can get best security with hardware wallet and you don't have to worry anymore. It don't matter if you have a lot of wallet but you are not careful because you can still lose the token.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 08:04:42 PM

Keeping your crypto assets in multiple wallets is a practice that should be taken into action more by people because I hear a lot of people talking about getting hacked or loosing their private keys.
This happens a lot and should not be allowed to happen so often. Which means you should always have a back up.

Join DeStream ICO: https://destream.io/?referralId=adf52557d7994818a3bf8131262f2179#action=bountyreg

lorapalmer

Activity: 364

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 08:09:33 PM

That is why I am using only hardware wallets. Other wallets do not give me the safety feeling of my coins. There is so much fishing and each time it is something new. It us very hard to keep pace with those technical gurus that are constantly coming up with some new ways on how to cheat you and get your money from the wallet.

blacktux88

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 09:13:27 PM

we have an bigger team , and always controll our transaction throuh more eyes , so phisshing is not so impoirtant for us.
but i will never hold my coins in trading accounts.

they will be only in my ehter wallet

Hi,

atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 09:16:17 PM

One should have more than one wallet for cryptocurrencies, ideally one should be dedicated to daily transactions and another (preferably hardware wallet) for storage of your  assets long term
yhieniehy

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:18:34 PM

One should have more than one wallet for cryptocurrencies, ideally one should be dedicated to daily transactions and another (preferably hardware wallet) for storage of your  assets long term
It is unambiguously necessary to store all the coins on a separate purse. But not necessarily it has to be the hardware purse.

B I T C O I N   S P O R T | Cryptocurrency Journal   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ◥ BITCOIN-SPORT.ORG
                                         [                   + 92% FREE BITCOINS                   ]          ◥ Chat for bounty and investors
                                              ANN   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   VK   TELEGRAM                   ◥ The dynamics of the course
maximilian4aue

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:20:25 PM

I personally recommend Edge wallet on android, as it creates multiple wallets automatically for you in order to reduce risks, it was worked for me.
Shubhamgill33

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:36:20 PM

Yes, its a good practice to hold your coins in multiple wallets so as to not lose all your crypto holdings if your wallet is hacked. This greatly reduces the risk even if your 1 wallet is hacked, you still have your other wallets. hackers are becoming more and more advanced these days and against them we need to take every possible measure.
Fortified
Copper Member

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:39:05 PM

Hi,

Yes this right way to prevent our tokens to be stolen , at least if it is happen not all token will be lost , for me as bounty hunter I will prefer to use one wallet in every campaign and store it separately then I will use it again after trading when it is already empty, and I prefer to use MEW .

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: