Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:31:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 222 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched!  (Read 442481 times)
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:56:42 PM

I would definitely like it if you'd reduce it to 100 billion.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
Catanonia

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:58:43 PM

I am sure all holders would love a reduction in 4/5ths of the coins to increase their holdings, but for the same reasons that a new Fed Coin shouldn't be created I am against it.

As I holder of quite a few coins I still say this.

CatKiwi

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:05:03 PM

I am sure all holders would love a reduction in 4/5ths of the coins to increase their holdings, but for the same reasons that a new Fed Coin shouldn't be created I am against it.

Absolutely right. You DO NOT fuck about with the supply of a coin after many have put thousands of dollars into it. It is not like we have bought something then discover an altered model on display at the shop - this is the equivalent of buying something then after a few weeks of using it discovering that the manufacture broke into your house overnight and changed core components without your consent.

It is unethical and completely foolish. ANY major change to a coin will result in massive dumping and a decrease in our investment.

If you want a more scarce coin then go away and buy Catcoin or Feathercoin or any of the other 100 hundred currencies out there, but do NOT mess with others investment. I didn't buy 300 Million TIPS to have people on a forum change the recipe post purchase.
colinfx

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:38:20 PM

Absolutely right. You DO NOT fuck about with the supply of a coin after many have put thousands of dollars into it. It is not like we have bought something then discover an altered model on display at the shop - this is the equivalent of buying something then after a few weeks of using it discovering that the manufacture broke into your house overnight and changed core components without your consent.

It is unethical and completely foolish. ANY major change to a coin will result in massive dumping and a decrease in our investment.

If you want a more scarce coin then go away and buy Catcoin or Feathercoin or any of the other 100 hundred currencies out there, but do NOT mess with others investment. I didn't buy 300 Million TIPS to have people on a forum change the recipe post purchase.

I think you might misunderstan. I think people are saying that the max coins that can be produced is lowered, not the number of coins you hold. So you would still have 300 million. But within mining the limit will not go to 500 billion just 250 billions max. So this would INCREASE the value of your holding , not decrease it.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:39:45 PM

I think you might misunderstan. I think people are saying that the max coins that can be produced is lowered, not the number of coins you hold. So you would still have 300 million. But within mining the limit will not go to 500 billion just 250 billions max. So this would INCREASE the value of your holding , not decrease it.

This
+1
DarkVenu

Activity: 277

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:40:31 PM

+1
 Fedora is at 2000% from start and touch 7500% in only 2 weeks ,just holding, that's awesome.
This is first bubble, i'm waiting next and next again.
Gooo Fedora.
CatKiwi

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

No I understand. I argue however that it would not increase the value but rather cause an almighty dump and the ultimate death of the coin simply because people do not want to be invested in a coin that is being fiddled about with beyond that which is absolutely necessary to ensure it survives (the kimoto gravity well implementation for example). If the dev changes the total supply of the coin then that is firstly an admission that it was faulty from the outset and secondly that changes the image and conception on which TIPS was built. It also is a downright stupid move to try and artificially increase the value of a currency and means nothing unless people are willing to spend more BTC for each coin which is extremely unlikey - people are not just going to suddenly pay 50% more per coin because there will eventually be only 250 billion coins. We need to focus on the goods and services available to be used or bought with TIPS - forget about trying to mess with the coins supply so you can get more bitcoin when you dump. The only people who want it increased are those trying to make more Bitcoin at the expense of others, it's a bad idea and it won't succeed.

srs2xcvbnm

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:00:56 PM

No I understand. I argue however that it would not increase the value but rather cause an almighty dump and the ultimate death of the coin simply because people do not want to be invested in a coin that is being fiddled about with beyond that which is absolutely necessary to ensure it survives (the kimoto gravity well implementation for example). If the dev changes the total supply of the coin then that is firstly an admission that it was faulty from the outset and secondly that changes the image and conception on which TIPS was built. It also is a downright stupid move to try and artificially increase the value of a currency and means nothing unless people are willing to spend more BTC for each coin which is extremely unlikey - people are not just going to suddenly pay 50% more per coin because there will eventually be only 250 billion coins. We need to focus on the goods and services available to be used or bought with TIPS - forget about trying to mess with the coins supply so you can get more bitcoin when you dump. The only people who want it increased are those trying to make more Bitcoin at the expense of others, it's a bad idea and it won't succeed.

Those are wise words my friend! I totally agree now.
As you said- community should only protect and promote.

If you liked my post or I helped- TIP me: ESqXdNgD4MX6zPxZHFNZZjewFSbUzgy3Do
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:05:43 PM

This!
The coin doesn't need an artificial shortage. It's good enough to walk through difficult times like this when multipools hit it.
Once the coin mixing service and the gravity stuff is fully implemented and released, this coin will grow as it deserves. We don't need code fiddling just for short profit for people that don't believe.
Catanonia

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:09:30 PM

As said before, yes it would increase my coins, but everyone would dump and the coin would become what is originally started life as a joke. I will loose all trust and all mine and others investments would disappear as it left the markets.

Fix the difficulty as it is broken, but don't create a new coin and don't mess with the total number of coins.

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

(of course this IS NOT TRUE)

CatKiwi

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:15:27 PM

As said before, yes it would increase my coins, but everyone would dump and the coin would become what is originally started life as a joke. I will loose all trust and all mine and others investments would disappear as it left the markets.

Fix the difficulty as it is broken, but don't create a new coin and don't mess with the total number of coins.

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

That's right. Remember folks we are dealing with REAL people here, like you and me, not mindless lemmings with cash on the hip. They can spot a scam just as easily as we can and will not pay out for a coin that is being manipulated at the developer level.

I'm glad to see others realize this idea what it is. An attempt to make more bit coin at the expense of others and most importantly, at the expense of fellow TIPS holders.
colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:20:13 PM

That's right. Remember folks we are dealing with REAL people here, like you and me, not mindless lemmings with cash on the hip. They can spot a scam just as easily as we can and will not pay out for a coin that is being manipulated at the developer level.

I'm glad to see others realize this idea what it is. An attempt to make more bit coin at the expense of others and most importantly, at the expense of fellow TIPS holders.

I've got more than 1/2 billion TIPS, i'm not concerned in the slightest.
CatKiwi

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:24:09 PM

That's fine, but it doesn't mean changes should be implemented without an overwhelming majority of TIPS holders supporting them. However, it is up to those demanding change to gather support for their ideas - not for those who don't want it to persuade otherwise.
colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:26:05 PM

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

That's fine, but it doesn't mean changes should be implemented without an overwhelming majority of TIPS holders supporting them. However, it is up to those demanding change to gather support for their ideas - not for those who don't want it to persuade otherwise.

I didn't suggest this idea. However I don't see anything wrong with it. We'll have to agree to disagree about it. Who knows how long it will take to get too 500billion issued anyway, I think we are only up to 12billion already? So it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference for 20 or so years anyway lol
CatKiwi

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:33:00 PM

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

I didn't suggest this idea. However I don't see anything wrong with it. We'll have to agree to disagree about it. Who knows how long it will take to get too 500billion issued anyway, I think we are only up to 12billion already? So it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference for 20 or so years anyway lol

Fair enough brother! Smiley
ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:37:21 PM

Is Fedora/TIPS pre-mined?
Fozy

Activity: 82

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:37:56 PM

FYI there are 125,610,833,490 TIPS already in circulation.

Catanonia

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:47:21 PM

Simple answer is NO !!

Only 1st 3 blocks for testing I remember from the original launch thread.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:55:46 PM

Simple answer is NO !!

Only 1st 3 blocks for testing I remember from the original launch thread.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Absolutely correct! Fedoracoin is one of the few coins that we're not pre-mined - isn't that awesome?!
colinfx

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:56:47 PM

FYI there are 125,610,833,490 TIPS already in circulation.

Argh I missed a decimal point so I was out a factor of 10! Thanks for the correction!
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 222 »
  Print  

Jump to: