Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold!  (Read 48086 times)
EdBoon

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:01:53 PM

I've got lots coming in, all sizes, and will have more orders when needed after that. I'm sorry for a few days delay on these first ones, all my DHL orders have been late. It'll be easier to say that there is a 3-5 day handling period before shipping, just in case. I can restock anything within a week.

sounds good, thanks for the quick update. I put in an order for 12 a couple days ago and was curious. 
eduncan911

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Miner / Engineer

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:26:17 PM

Since this USB style one does not have these lines, the  black IC on the board is the 3.3 V voltage regulator which receives its power form the external 4 pin molex connector, which has a 12V and a 5V line on it along with 2 ground/return lines. The capacitors are used for any noise cancellation/stabilization of the power lines.

That, my friend, needs to be in your OP and on the website as the selling point.  You'll sell out faster than you can take orders.

BTC: 131Zt92zoA7XUfkLhm1p2FwSP3tAxE43vf
eduncan911

Miner / Engineer

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 04:32:18 PM

Yes, it appears I slipped in an errant "these" in my original question that did however reference ribbons. I've edited it for clarity, as I was speaking about risers in general, so sorry for the confusion. USB carries power obviously, so it's impossible to know if the 12v line is connected back without actually asking the question.

Irrelevant honestly. I've read those threads. I run GPUs which draw 350-400w per gpu on unpowered risers, some of them are 60cm long, all without issue. So do other folks with large farms in china and elsewhere.

The REAL problem is when your PCIE power rail is failing to produce enough current for the GPU's draw, so then it attempts to pull more from the PCIe socket. If the cables have varying quality, especially on the solder joints, you'll end up with the cable's 12v line acting like a fuse. If the motherboard is damaged from this, then the PSU is/was failing (likely the 12v rail), and/or it wasn't properly spec'd for the current draw.

Folks can't just buy a PSU that says X watts and presume it'll work. The important detail is the 12v rail *constant current drain* raiting. I have some which are rated for 27-29amps per GPU, and some which are 35amps per GPU. I match the appropriate rail with the appropriate GPU depending on current draw.

Coincidentally, it doesn't matter if these or any products "back feed"--that doesn't even make sense. DC flows in one direction, and there are plenty of diodes on GPU PCB's to prevent such a situation. You'd fry the tracer on the PCB before you fried a cable if there was a backflow issue. The tracer is thinner than the PCI riser cable. This is all supported by many of the photos, where the riser burns up at the slot--the current is drawing/trying to draw from the slot--likely, again, from a PSU lacking the ability to provide current. If it were a back-flow issue, the tracers would poof.

Not trying to hijack the OP's thread, but just provide clarity on a wives-tale.

+1 to all this.  I didn't want to get into the back and forth, but I could not have said this any better!  There is no such thing as "back feed", DC current flows electrons from negative to positive poll (a lot of people think current flows from + to -, that's not true and you need to account for that when building circuits).

It's when the there is too much current being pulled from the PCIe sockets that burns them out, simple.  That's why I love this USB-solution he is selling!  All power is through the Molex, which opens up a new way to configure these machines!  It means you can now power the motherboard and cpu and ram in these Scrypt mining rigs with like a cheap 150W PSU (or just account for a little more on top of a dual PSU setup) and don't have to worry about the PCIe power draw (75W+ per slot).  I love it!

RickJamesBTC (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:44:04 PM

Since this USB style one does not have these lines, the  black IC on the board is the 3.3 V voltage regulator which receives its power form the external 4 pin molex connector, which has a 12V and a 5V line on it along with 2 ground/return lines. The capacitors are used for any noise cancellation/stabilization of the power lines.

That, my friend, needs to be in your OP and on the website as the selling point.  You'll sell out faster than you can take orders.

I already have been! I had to make extra orders in between my extra orders. I will update my website description to include something similar, thanks!.
jedi

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:27:52 PM

Hi RickJamesBTC
Do they have pci-e presence?  I just read on this page that some mobo requires a jumper wire needed for the pci-e 1x slot else the GPU is not detected.
http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1001/How-To-Correctly-Use-and-Install-PCI-E-Riser-Cables/

Regards
Jedi
eduncan911

Miner / Engineer

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 09:22:33 PM

Just got mine in, and they look goooood....  Ordered int he middle of the night Friday morning, seller saw my comments in thread and updated the order, seller shipped them out Saturday USPS Priority (cheapest method, $6.95).  Arrived here on Monday!  Must be close by me (New York).

Just posting because I didn't see anyone else say they got them.

Thanks again!

Now, to try out this Bitcointalk Trust center...

sknobs

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 12:50:10 AM

That stinks...I ordered mine on Thurs and still no shipping. Think maybe cause I picked up some 24" and 40"?? Hope to get them soon. Everything else is ready to go. Looks like some nice stuff.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 01:10:49 AM

Hi RickJamesBTC
Do they have pci-e presence?  I just read on this page that some mobo requires a jumper wire needed for the pci-e 1x slot else the GPU is not detected.
http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1001/How-To-Correctly-Use-and-Install-PCI-E-Riser-Cables/

Regards
Jedi

yes they have pci-e presence integrated right on the pcb

RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:25:53 AM

I really hate to say this, but I was bent over by DHL again. This shipment was already on the way by the time I figured out that I hate them on the other order. DHL sent me an email yesterday to confirm that I would be at my shop to receive the package today, and when I called them this morning they told me it was on a truck to be delivered today. I sat here all day waiting for them, got worried a little while ago and called again. This time they told me that both earlier notices were wrong, and that the order would arrive wednesday. This also likely means that the refill of shorter and longer ones won't actually get here wednesday as expected but friday. If anyone absolutely can't wait, I understand, and can send a refund as soon as you ask.

Sorry! Never using DHL again.
eduncan911

Miner / Engineer

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 02:35:59 AM

That stinks...I ordered mine on Thurs and still no shipping. Think maybe cause I picked up some 24" and 40"?? Hope to get them soon. Everything else is ready to go. Looks like some nice stuff.

I had the same ones on order, but RickJames (the seller here) said all he got after being bent over by DHL was the 1m.  I asked him to upgrade mine to the 1m length, cause it was the same price, and I wanted to build now now now.  He did it, shipped it, and I got it.  Woot!

RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:38:24 AM

I had the same ones on order, but RickJames (the seller here) said all he got after being bent over by DHL was the 1m.  I asked him to upgrade mine to the 1m length, cause it was the same price, and I wanted to build now now now.  He did it, shipped it, and I got it.  Woot!

That was really the last of those as well. I'm surprised at how many I've sold in the past few days. No issue, I have ordered a LOT more, and will continue to get them in as needed. Just didn't guess correctly on the first shot, along with dhl taking their sweet time with my shipments.
bitsport

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:49:10 PM

No problem. I ordered a collection of the two shorter lengths last Wednesday. You communicated clearly in advance on this thread so I knew at the time fulfillment was waiting on a delivery. I also understand the issues with DHL (I stopped using them long ago). 

That said, I can't wait for them to arrive.  Smiley  All other parts are here waiting for the risers.

Thanks again.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 09:06:35 PM

Hi RickJamesBTC

Regards
Jedi
yes they have pci-e presence integrated right on the pcb
Thanks for this info! I bought 12 from the group buy, but those were slightly different looking, and I need another 30 or so more. These look like they'll work just as well, and I like the thought of having a longer cable.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
void9

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 06:55:47 AM

Hey how come you don't ship to canada ? i tried to on your website an no go for a quote. i was looking for 10 pieces.

shipped to zip h7h3b4

thanks
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:50:54 AM

I do ship to canada, but it can't get my shopping cart to figure out the right amount. Just pm me your order if you live in another country and I'll get you set up.

Anyone waiting for an order, delays should be done, I'm expecting one order of cards tomorrow and I spent a few thousand bucks on express shipping from china to get all the orders taken care of. I may even have some left over after shipping them out! The express shipments get here Thursday, (again, one should have been here Tuesday) tracking has firm dates now, cards coming in all sizes. I'm very sorry for delays, I know it's important to be on time with these things.
EdBoon

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:20:27 PM

I do ship to canada, but it can't get my shopping cart to figure out the right amount. Just pm me your order if you live in another country and I'll get you set up.

Anyone waiting for an order, delays should be done, I'm expecting one order of cards tomorrow and I spent a few thousand bucks on express shipping from china to get all the orders taken care of. I may even have some left over after shipping them out! The express shipments get here Thursday, (again, one should have been here Tuesday) tracking has firm dates now, cards coming in all sizes. I'm very sorry for delays, I know it's important to be on time with these things.

I appreciate the continued updates, would it be possible for me to pay for overnight shipping if i had originally selected another type? 
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:44:23 PM

These are only 1x - 16x can I still use them in my 16x slots?
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:41:48 PM

yes. they will work in any size pci-e slot.

phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 05:43:39 PM

yes. they will work in any size pci-e slot.

Thanks!!
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 06:44:36 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2014, 03:24:40 AM by RickJamesBTC

Overnight is too expensive to deal with, plus where I am it isn't necessarily true sometimes.

All shipments have arrived, most orders that didn't leave already will leave today!!

Out of 100cm I've got more coming in soon, I think I'm almost caught up!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: