Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 12:51:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] USB Style PCI-E 1x - 16x Powered Riser Cables !! $5.95 ea 25k + Sold!  (Read 48086 times)
RickJamesBTC (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:42:30 PM

Risers can now be ordered on Amazon! Soon to be fulfilled by Amazon, as soon as I can get enough here to cover my own customers and ship several thousand to the amazon warehouse.
Powell

Activity: 486
Merit: 262

rm -rf stupidity

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 10:54:43 PM

Cannot wait to get mine when your shipment arrives.  Figured I could have some with Scrypt so I don't fiddle with my bitcoin pool thats actually running right.

Then not sure what to fiddle with next (even though I have 2-3 projects (cars) to mess with in the same area LOL!), so we shall see!
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 11:36:51 PM

@RickjamesBTC: I finally got the notice for the order to be delivered from the Post office, so it took a bit more than 2 weeks from order to arrive. Are you thinking about other shipping methods as well?

I try not to make any money on shipping, so the price is what it is. If people want to pay $100 or more for international express shipping with FedEx or even usps still, I can do it. When I offer the first shipping rate it is the cheapes option.

OK. Good to know you can offer other options.
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 07:13:55 AM

Just got in line for the Feb 17 shipment. Thanks!
boxofspuds

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:36:08 AM

Risers can now be ordered on Amazon! Soon to be fulfilled by Amazon, as soon as I can get enough here to cover my own customers and ship several thousand to the amazon warehouse.

any idea what you're planning on setting the price on amazon at?
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 04:52:37 PM

They charge a pretty hefty amount for the amazon fulfillment, but it will be as cheap as I can make it. Having amazon spend all the time packing and shipping orders instead of me will be worth it! I have them on amazon now at $23 with free first class shipping.
flowdoge

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:21:17 PM

They charge a pretty hefty amount for the amazon fulfillment, but it will be as cheap as I can make it. Having amazon spend all the time packing and shipping orders instead of me will be worth it! I have them on amazon now at $23 with free first class shipping.

Can you link us to your amazon product?
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 05:27:45 PM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A4CVP64CFU1ZL

That should work, I think. For now you can only purchase on amazon and I do the shipping. Once I get some spare stock available I'll be shipping it to them for the prime customers.
Eeroz

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:09:19 PM

Has anyone tried a USB hub?
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 08:18:45 PM

Has anyone tried a USB hub?

For graphics cards? not possible. This isn't a usb signal, they just use them because they are a great, cheap, shielded cable.
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:57:36 AM

Can we still order directly from you?  Amazon does not ship to Canada.
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:12:16 AM

Can we still order directly from you?  Amazon does not ship to Canada.

Yes, and in a few minutes / hours I'll have my brand new Bitcoin only shopping cart up and running as a subsite for the main shopping cart. This will let international orders make normal accounts and place orders without having to do it via PM.
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:15:27 AM

Sweet!!!  Cheers.
CryptoWolves

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:20:19 PM

Did the PCB on the amazon ones change?  If I order through the site will it still be the wider blue colored PCB with the 4 screw holes on them?  Curious because I changed my design so that I could screw the PCB boards onto a frame.  Let me know, thanks!
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:31:59 PM

Did the PCB on the amazon ones change?  If I order through the site will it still be the wider blue colored PCB with the 4 screw holes on them?  Curious because I changed my design so that I could screw the PCB boards onto a frame.  Let me know, thanks!

You really shouldn't be screwing the riser cards to a frame. I don't think they can support the weight of a gpu hanging off of them. You should support the gpu, and just let the riser cards hang from them.

The design hasn't changed, almost all of the cards I've been selling have been the wider ones, with the molex connector. Amazon doesn't let me control images on some items at this time. The color of the pcb can vary though, I get what I get. They will all work the same.

Thanks!
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 11:17:52 PM

Ok, there is now a "Shop With Bitcoin" menu option, which opens up a completely different shopping cart with perfect Bitcoin processing through Coinbase. It's slick, it works, and the shopping cart looks terrible because I haven't really had a chance to mess with themes and appearances yet. However, it has shipping logic for every international destination!!!  Finally, no more orders through PM and email. Please make sure to include correct details in your account, otherwise your customs invoice won't be correct, and there may be delays.

CryptoWolves

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 11:21:56 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 12:31:44 AM by CryptoWolves

Did the PCB on the amazon ones change?  If I order through the site will it still be the wider blue colored PCB with the 4 screw holes on them?  Curious because I changed my design so that I could screw the PCB boards onto a frame.  Let me know, thanks!

You really shouldn't be screwing the riser cards to a frame. I don't think they can support the weight of a gpu hanging off of them. You should support the gpu, and just let the riser cards hang from them.

The design hasn't changed, almost all of the cards I've been selling have been the wider ones, with the molex connector. Amazon doesn't let me control images on some items at this time. The color of the pcb can vary though, I get what I get. They will all work the same.

Thanks!

Oh definitely.  It's only to prevent the back side of the card from moving anywhere, the pcb isn't holding the hole card by itself, like this:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTE0OVgxNjAw/z/N2kAAOxy4dNS8Efn/$_57.JPG  http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDg4/z/~hcAAOxyVaBS8Efm/$_57.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMDg1/z/ofMAAMXQVT9S8Efn/$_57.JPG
rudyo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:10:09 AM

I actually would like to buy the narrow ones, with the PCI-E plug that goes parallel to the motherboard rather than up.   I have an application where I mount the MB vertically. 

Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  50 qty?
RickJamesBTC (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 04:45:04 AM

I actually would like to buy the narrow ones, with the PCI-E plug that goes parallel to the motherboard rather than up.   I have an application where I mount the MB vertically. 

I'll ask about them, they go the wrong way and I don't see them often. Having the cables head out the back side of the card was making it difficult for the little cards to stay in the slots because of the weight of the cables.
rudyo

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:39:10 AM

I'll ask about them, they go the wrong way and I don't see them often. Having the cables head out the back side of the card was making it difficult for the little cards to stay in the slots because of the weight of the cables.

I would like risers exactly like this:  https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2Ft%2FPCI-e-express-1X-to-1X-16x-Riser-Extender-Card-with-extra-power-1M-USB-3-0-Cable-%2F00%2Fs%2FNDQxWDYwMA%3D%3D%2Fz%2FDwMAAMXQdGJRzwCz%2F%24T2eC16JHJHEFFl1d5l%2CJBRzwCzSVzw~~60_3.JPG&t=537&c=bbGDOUda9yPqYg

Narrow PCB that mounts to card (for better airflow)
Sata power connectors under the USB )keeps it narrow plus I get to BANISH crappy molex connectors from my life!!! :-)  )
Horizontal orientation on the USB cable at the 1X PCI-E plug
60cm USB Cable

When you mount the motherboard vertically (like on a wall) it is easier to secure the USB cable when it runs parallel to the MB (whether it be up or down) rather than poke straight out from the wall.  I can see where a straight out (90° from the MB) might be preferred when the MB is laid flat.  Although none of the 1X plugs have been very tight, meaning that that move with any movement of the USB cable.  I shorted out one of yours Rick this way, with only a small USB cable movement.  It was enough for the pins to cross and ZAP!  Didn't ruin the MB but was out a riser plug.  Melted the traces.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: