Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:23:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Report: Projects  (Read 25686 times)
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

I have traded successfully with Projects on a number of occasions.  Two scenarios.

He's been hacked or
he's gone rogue.

Unfortunately it happens all the time.

I'll contact him directly.

I fucking HATE scammers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ubettercall (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

Hacked story will be complete and total bullshit
KCmining

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

I have traded successfully with Projects on a number of occasions.  Two scenarios.

He's been hacked or
he's gone rogue.

I fucking HATE scammers.

Much appreciated BCB - I suspect his account was hacked.

The confusing thing it - I got a tracking number and it was from the UK where he is based and he continued to communicate in a professional manner once I sent the funds to him. Clearly not in the ilk of the poor english, grab and run type scammer you never hear from again. He hasn't replied in two weeks though, and my package is now being returned to him due to the address being wrong. Unlikely to be coincidence, but it shut me up long enough waiting for the shipment - three weeks I have been tracking on usps.

23BTC  is enough for me to hire a PI and get the local police involved however.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:26:44 AM

If you lost money it is a crime.  Report it.
ubettercall (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 12:38:32 AM

Built his rep up too pull off a big scam like this, worthless fucking scum
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:16:03 AM

Hacked story will be complete and total bullshit

Impossible,he made a periodic payment to me on Sun Dec 22nd and asked for a loan extension the day after. Both using the same email address.

I still hope this is all a misunderstanding and he's just AWOL for new years, but I'm beginning to feel increasingly naive about that though.

I will give this a little more time (but not much). I have his full name and bank account number (he did a SEPA wire to me once). His name is quite common though in the UK. A helpful forum member also send me his cell phone number and I tried texting.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:17:01 AM

I have some info that may be helpful.

Delarock

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:21:55 AM

Projects tried to initiate a sale with me on Dec. 27th. We had details worked out, but I didn't feel completely comfortable about it and asked him to post a public sale thread with the terms of the sale and pictures of the hardware. He refused so I did not proceed with the transaction.

I'd be happy to provide any information as well as the PM's if it will help. I'm not sure what the etiquette is for this, but his messages just reeked of scam and I would like to try and confirm this.
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:37:39 AM

Good thing there is a post warning people to use escrow.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:41:26 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2014, 02:15:04 AM by BCB

Edit:

I may have evidence that his ID is compromised.

May have spoke too soon.

more to come....
ubettercall (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:18:36 AM

Yea his id compromised for the last month and he knew nothing. Let's not even hear any bullshit stories like that.
gmoney1

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:48:29 AM

I have traded successfully with Projects on a number of occasions.  Two scenarios.

He's been hacked or
he's gone rogue.

I fucking HATE scammers.

Much appreciated BCB - I suspect his account was hacked.

The confusing thing it - I got a tracking number and it was from the UK where he is based and he continued to communicate in a professional manner once I sent the funds to him. Clearly not in the ilk of the poor english, grab and run type scammer you never hear from again. He hasn't replied in two weeks though, and my package is now being returned to him due to the address being wrong. Unlikely to be coincidence, but it shut me up long enough waiting for the shipment - three weeks I have been tracking on usps.

23BTC  is enough for me to hire a PI and get the local police involved however.
Oh shit, his PMs indicated he was from Florida (USA)

I will consider my 6 BTC gone

I guess the lesson is use escrow even with a forum member with 1000 posts and 12 trust.
semaster

Activity: 395

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 07:46:51 AM

What happened:
That was a month ago from now. On December 02th I sent user projects 12 btc for 3 knc upgrade modules.
I did not use escrow as he was hero member with high trust level. (never will do so)
In few days he gave me tracking code.
But seems that he cancelled parcel as tracking is not updating for a month.
I have never received any upgrade modules that I paid for. I feel I have given him a fair amount of time.
tracking number is stored in my messages from him so any moderator can check it.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=52439:

Amount Scammed: 12 btc
Payment Method: BTC

Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:09:24 AM

If his account was hacked why didn't he alert anyone?

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:19:12 AM

Please read the topic before commenting. His account was NOT hacked. Impossible.
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:03:01 AM

Please read the topic before commenting. His account was NOT hacked. Impossible.

That's exactly why I said it. It was a rhetorical question. I've read every post.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:09:00 AM

That's exactly why I said it. It was a rhetorical question. I've read every post.

Then you know I already clearly stated the opposite. So either call me a liar, or stop derailing this thread. This thread keeps being derailed by people talking about projects being hacked. He's NOT

Either he's hit by a bus or something OR he's a scamming us. The second is far more likely (especially considering the fact he timed to have many loans outstanding around the current date).

BTW: The bank account he paid me from once is British (I saw someone claim he was from Florida).
gmoney1

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:13:25 AM

Then you know I already clearly stated the opposite. So either call me a liar, or stop derailing this thread. This thread keeps being derailed by people talking about projects being hacked. He's NOT

Either he's hit by a bus or something OR he's a scamming us. The second is far more likely (especially considering the fact he timed to have many loans outstanding around the current date).

BTW: The bank account he paid me from once is British (I saw someone claim he was from Florida).
Here is the ss of his PM saying Florida:
http://postimg.org/image/rs38d7k9l/

Maybe he had a hookup in Florida shipping for him. Also kinda weird that he would ask for a shipping address instead of just disappearing with the money.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:20:49 AM

Maybe he had a hookup in Florida shipping for him. Also kinda weird that he would ask for a shipping address instead of just disappearing with the money.

I followed your money and it arrives at  https://blockchain.info/address/1Facb8QnikfPUoo8WVFnyai3e1Hcov9y8T and since apperently TorMarket robbery was also send there http://w3.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/1tn1ca/was_tm_hacked_and_robbed_as_sm_was_and_by_the/ I assume it's a laundry service?
gmoney1

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 11:01:10 AM

I followed your money and it arrives at  https://blockchain.info/address/1Facb8QnikfPUoo8WVFnyai3e1Hcov9y8T and since apperently TorMarket robbery was also send there http://w3.reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/1tn1ca/was_tm_hacked_and_robbed_as_sm_was_and_by_the/ I assume it's a laundry service?
Projects is a money mover and reading through his posts he didn't like to hold into coins longer than a day. So he easily could have exchanged and that trail leading to the laundry is someone else's money. Still if he had time to trade he had time to ship the items that were paid for.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: