Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:31:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Report: Projects  (Read 25694 times)
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:09:25 PM

Pm'd you

Thank you Smiley
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:11:29 PM

I'm quite sure that Project is in the UK (Scotland) I shipped a few high value Silver/Gold packages to him, and I'd imagine he would use his real address and phone number, for when customs called and told him he had to come in and pay VAT before he could pick up the package. I had sent this information to Chainsaw already, and would be happy to give it to anyone who was scammed.

I've got a Cellphone number and address.

Fairly certain of this also, shipped a few packages to him as well.

If this turns out to be a confirmed scam I can PM you the details Salty if you want to double check the address you have?

If any buisness was done with this guy and not paid for in BTC, should the people try to chargeback their transactions? Bank transfers and both paypal would be used in most cases I believe.

Is this it?

Broomhouse Place North
Edinburgh
EH11 3UG

Yes I believe that is where he worked. I looked it up a while ago, because how the EU and the UK do its shipping layout confused me, so I wasn't sure what country he was in, and wasnt able to print out a shipping label. So I googled the address and if I recall it was some sort of business.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:14:58 PM

I'm quite sure that Project is in the UK (Scotland) I shipped a few high value Silver/Gold packages to him, and I'd imagine he would use his real address and phone number, for when customs called and told him he had to come in and pay VAT before he could pick up the package. I had sent this information to Chainsaw already, and would be happy to give it to anyone who was scammed.

I've got a Cellphone number and address.

Fairly certain of this also, shipped a few packages to him as well.

If this turns out to be a confirmed scam I can PM you the details Salty if you want to double check the address you have?

If any buisness was done with this guy and not paid for in BTC, should the people try to chargeback their transactions? Bank transfers and both paypal would be used in most cases I believe.

Is this it?

Broomhouse Place North
Edinburgh
EH11 3UG

Yes I believe that is where he worked. I looked it up a while ago, because how the EU and the UK do its shipping layout confused me, so I wasn't sure what country he was in, and wasnt able to print out a shipping label. So I googled the address and if I recall it was some sort of business.

No, I looked it up on Google streeview and it's definitely a residential area. No doubt about that.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:19:19 PM

No, I looked it up on Google streeview and it's definitely a residential area. No doubt about that.

If you google the address, it brings up, "Euronext"
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:29:34 PM

If you google the address, it brings up, "Euronext"

I can't find it. Could you link? https://www.google.nl/search?q="Broomhouse+Place+North"+euronext
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:45:41 PM

Sorry, you are right, I was thinking of the wrong person.
Camelop

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:46:26 PM

Trust means nothing on this forum.
People do a few small trades and build trust and reputation and than scam the shit out of everyone.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:16:40 AM

Trust means nothing on this forum.
People do a few small trades and build trust and reputation and than scam the shit out of everyone.

Problem is, It was not a few trades, He has been dealing in 1000's of $$$ for quite a while, And doing respectively well, I'm still guessing something has gone hideously wrong, he is sorting his stuff out and coming back with a plan,  Or rather I hope so!

As a member with a good trust rating, I always sell stuff saying, "please use an escrow Unless you feel you can trust me" I do think the "trust" system has a loop hole, But everything does, I look at the trust and see who left it, If it's someone I have dealt with before, I know I stand a better chance I will get my goods.

I do hope this gets sorted out, Good luck to everyone involved.
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 09:38:28 AM

If I had a horse in this race I would of considered going for the drive and scouting the area out.. its about 1 hr 30 or so from my home. Hope you at least get some sort of Justice.

hate scammers
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 10:29:19 AM

If you put 'wester hailes' into google maps (as per Facebook reference), it defaults to 1km from a certain Broomhouse address. Could be him, but common name though.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2011/08/31/cannabis-grower-goes-to-pot-as-he-reports-crop-stolen/
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 03:58:46 PM

this is very very very strange but on the other hand i sold him bitcoins for UKBT. i would also like to point out the he is from the UK not the EU so im suspecting his account might have been hacked. still its very hard to deal with a hero member scamming so many people. kinda makes you loose faith in community spirit all together.

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:50:27 PM

This is an open letter I sent to Projects, and yes, I get religious:

Shame on you man, shame on you. You've really hurt a lot of people, really bad. This isn't some online game, this is real life, and you've really really hurt a lot of people. I honestly don't know how you can can go about each day, using things you've bought with money you've stolen from people. Every time you look at your nice car, your watch, your phone, laptop tablet and your home, you know you've buried other people's dreams inside and underneath them.

It's not too late man, you can still make the right choice, you can pay these people back, starting with the people you took the most from.

If you want your conscience to be free from the guilt and shame you've bestowed upon yourself.... And... your family (for any of your children, you loved ones, anyone who ever touches anything you've bought with your stolen good) is permanently stained.

I will make this deal with you. Do everything you can to pay everyone back, and I will give you the 10BTC you stole from me. Pay everyone back, and the 10BTC you stole form me is no longer stolen, it's a gift. Are you man enough to do this? To do what is right?

To repent we need to recognize and feel sorry for what we’ve done wrong, do whatever is possible to repair the damage it may have caused, and to leave our sinful behavior behind. Repentance can be difficult and requires a lot of honesty, but the joy and freedom we feel when we turn away from our sins are well worth the effort. Because Christ suffered for our sins, we can be forgiven when we repent. That’s why the Atonement is so important to all of us.

http://mormon.org/beliefs/jesus-christ

You've taken a lot more from others, that's why I'm willing to put up my 10BTC to help you come clean. Do what's right Projects.

If anyone else would be willing to up part of your loss to give Projects the chance to change the direction he's taken his life, post it here. Stealing half a million is incredibly serious, this isn't a stolen snickers from the petrol station.

escrow.ms
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:09:45 PM

this is very very very strange but on the other hand i sold him bitcoins for UKBT. i would also like to point out the he is from the UK not the EU so im suspecting his account might have been hacked. still its very hard to deal with a hero member scamming so many people. kinda makes you loose faith in community spirit all together.

Well if his account was hacked he could have easily alerted everyone by making a thread in Meta section, but it didn't happened so I think either something went wrong in UK, then he moved to EU and did all scams.  Or he is still in UK, he just tried to fool some people by saying he is in Europe.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 07:13:03 PM

Well if his account was hacked he could have easily alerted everyone by making a thread in Meta section, but it didn't happened so I think either something went wrong in UK, then he moved to EU and did all scams.  Or he is still in UK, he just tried to fool some people by saying he is in Europe.

The UK is in the EU. This whole discussion is moot.
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:02:44 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 07:07:31 PM by escrow.ms

Sorry I meant some other European country .
gudmunsn

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:26:41 AM

He sold me a Jupiter for 9 BTC. Here were his replies:

Sorry cannot do escrow as I need to cash out the coins now to guarantee the price I am happy with, if you check my trust feedback though I am sure you will be comfortable without. I have done much larger trades than this.

and this:

Thats the only issue I cannot send overnight air shipping because I work 7 days a week and the only place I can send which is open after I finish up work is express international by royal mail which takes 3 days.

I asked for a photo, here was his response:

Hello, sorry did not have chance to take a photo, couldnt find my data transfer cable but thought it would be more important to get it shipped to you so it is packaged up and I will have the tracking for you in approx 12h.

and then his son apparently went to the hospital:

Hello - just wanted to let you know I am really sorry but I am going to miss the last post today, my son got rushed to hopsital so I had to leave work to go with him. (which is unforseen, hope you do understand just wanted to pm you so you did not worry)

When he finally shipped it, he gave me a tracking number and thought all was well, however to this day it still says "It's on the way" (yah right).

Posted it as promised sorry for the delay.
Tracking is RJ315893634GB this can be tracked here : http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace
Please let me know you get it and everything is OK.

Then after I complained a lot, he offered to give me back some of my 9BTC:

What I am willing to do which I think is the fairest solution send you back 4.5 BTC now so we both have half the liability and then when we find out more what is happening we can take it from there

Then I complained some more, and he gave me more BTC back...

If you give me your BTC address I am willing to refund you another 2.25 BTC which is a 75% refund so far and you pay me back if the unit arrives.
If it doesnt we can discuss our options then, this means I am taking 75% of the responsibility for the shipment which I think is fair under the circumstances.

He then had the gall to ask me to buy multiple neptune preorders as well as more Jupiters through PM, some as low as 7.75 w/ shipping. Thank god I decided he was shady as hell, even with his supposedly good trust rating.

I've only been scammed out of 2.25BTC at this point, but still upset. That's a lot of money to me. I'd be happy to provide any information needed to anyone compiling information. I'm about to start an escrow business--these scammers are total pieces of filth and I don't want any other good person to get ripped off Sad

pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 06:46:46 AM

Username | Amount Scammed
ubettercall  | 4.5
mabipa125   | 3 BTC
Truman   |Unknown amount (24000 Euro)
wachtwoord  |65.6 BTC
KCmining |20 BTC
gmoney1 | 6.1 BTC
semaster  |12 BTC
Chainsaw |201.7 BTC
gingpark |93 BTC
FlensGold |18 BTC
josg21   |unknown amount. 4 Jupiters.
1l1l11ll1l  |10 BTC
Total : 433.9 BTC + 4 Jupiters amount + 24000 Euro worth btc(I don't know what was price on that day)
I think total stolen amount is above Half Million Dollar now.

Please add missing amounts and if you guys want, you can send me all info you have. (Email accounts,social id's, bank account number, address etc),I will try to find more info about him.

Did anyone have done cash deal with him in past?
http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=Projects
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/projects/
https://bitbargain.co.uk/profile/Projects
Verified e-mail: Yes
Verified phone: Yes
Verified UK bank account: Yes

We can get his ip address and some info from these sites.

Hi
i have his bank account number as i purchased BTC's from him
He all so tryed to sell me miners and got rather rude on PM's
if you want them as well i can send them in a email.

I think we all need to take a long hard look at this thread.
We need to put somthing in place so that this dose not happen again
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:34:51 AM

I "bought" 1 Jupiter, 2 Saturn and 4 Mercury on November 27th for 33 BTC.

I lost the summary.

Who is taking the lead at the moment?
Who is in contact to the police?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
BiTCluE

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:22:09 AM

Updated

Username | Amount Scammed
ubettercall  | 4.5
mabipa125   | 3 BTC
Truman   |33 BTC
wachtwoord  |66.4 BTC
KCmining |20 BTC
gmoney1 | 6.1 BTC
semaster  |12 BTC
Chainsaw |201.7 BTC
gingpark |93 BTC
FlensGold |18 BTC
josg21   |unknown amount. 4 Jupiters.
1l1l11ll1l  |10 BTC
gudmunsn | 2.25 BTC
Total : 469.95 BTC + 4 Jupiters amount
-----------------------------------------------
(Total Around 500 Bitcoins)
-----------------------------------------------

Please update my lost: 5 BTC, at that time worth 1996.25GBP as agreed with Projects. This is big money to me. Formerly trade a lot with him
escrow.ms
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:51:36 AM

Alright I will add that.

Ps: anyone knows Btcjam owners?
His account is fully verified there, so a copy of his I'd and address proof can be obtained from them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: