Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Report: Projects  (Read 25686 times)
shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:49:48 AM

One thing that doesn't fit: that news article was posted as early as August 2011 and mentioned him going to jail for 10 months, but he registered an account here and began posting in February 2012.

Perhaps he was released early or put on probation.  I wonder if his release date is a matter of public record.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 03:57:49 AM

maybe the brother story is true, and projects was using his brothers name here on the forums for shipping ?? not like his bro would know if he's locked up.

name and surname is pretty common though... but yeah the fact someone mentioned something about him paying for his brother, and then that article is interesting..

shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 04:13:03 AM

Hi guys,

I am looking for a loan of 100 BTC, this does not have to be all from one person if multiple people are willing to lend to me.
I realise I am a new member (only registered yesterday) however I have been lurking and reading for a while and my reason for registering is for posting this post.
Whilst I know I am trustworthy with the amount of scamming I have read about going on here recently and the anonymity of bitcoin I understand this may be not easy to believe. I am willing to do anything required to prove I am legit - open to suggestions on that one.

I would like this loan to be over 28 days with 10% interest (negociable) with 4 weekly repayments, again terms negociable.

I am happy to answer any/all questions.

Thanks for your time.

I can fund 100 BTC and agree with the terms of repayment.  However, to ensure you're not a bot, I request a pic of yourself holding a piece of paper with your forum name on it, with a shoe on your head before I send.

lol i am not desperate enough to send a pic of a shoe on my head lol
i am legit and i appreciate its hard to believe but I am - any way i can verify that i will

He didn't sound too excited about taking a pic with a shoe on his head when asked to do so after requesting his first 100 BTC loan.  He may have known that his pictures were published online by the press and would make it easier to identify him.

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 05:27:32 PM

Look at the "It's a trap" picture on this guy's facebook page (David Williamson from Edinburgh) posted on December 28th:
https://www.facebook.com/david.williamson.1610?fref=browse_search

I looked through the 12 people tagged in the pic, but couldn't find too much. This guy looks like and talks like the dirtbag that took us all.

http://metro.co.uk/2011/10/12/drug-user-david-williamson-jailed-after-calling-police-over-theft-of-his-own-cannabis-181981/

same guy

edit: sorry should have continued reading before posting.

going by the guys facebook posts he is a degenerate Scottish NED who cannot string a real sentence together in English.
I only had a few PM's with projects, but from what i remember he could string a sentence just fine?

KCmining

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:05:09 PM

Look at the "It's a trap" picture on this guy's facebook page (David Williamson from Edinburgh) posted on December 28th:
https://www.facebook.com/david.williamson.1610?fref=browse_search

I looked through the 12 people tagged in the pic, but couldn't find too much. This guy looks like and talks like the dirtbag that took us all.

http://metro.co.uk/2011/10/12/drug-user-david-williamson-jailed-after-calling-police-over-theft-of-his-own-cannabis-181981/

same guy

edit: sorry should have continued reading before posting.

going by the guys facebook posts he is a degenerate Scottish NED who cannot string a real sentence together in English.
I only had a few PM's with projects, but from what i remember he could string a sentence just fine?

Concur on this - he always communicated in a sensible and literate manner.
meade16

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 06:30:14 PM

He's the laughing stock of Edinburgh, a complete muppet.
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:29:55 PM
Last edit: January 12, 2014, 11:54:10 PM by Tirapon

Just discovered this whole saga with Projects.

I have traded with him in the past, he was always trustworthy and reliable. At one point however, over 6 months ago, I sent incorrect bank details to him, and the payment he sent to me went to a non existent bank account. In this situation, the money is supposed to be returned to the sender, however Projects claimed to have never had the money returned. I was dubious, as I had no way of knowing if he was telling the truth, but he had always been reliable, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

We came to an agreement to resolve the situation - he would trade with me at 0% fee until the £1000 was effectively payed back, and then he would keep the money once it was returned to him (Santander are notorious for this exact thing happening, and I've read stories of money going missing for over a year before turning up).

We cleared £300 of debt, and then last month he asked me for a loan, which I declined because I had a bad feeling about it. I obviously dodged a bullet - last time I traded with him, I sent BTC and he payed into my bank the next day. This must have been just before all of this mess unfolded, and I'm sure if I had lent him the money, there would be another 3.5 BTC to add to the total.

This is very sad that a trusted member of the community would decide to pull this scam. I am very sorry for everyone who lost money. I'm glad that he has been tracked down.* At this point I believe that the money was indeed returned to him by the bank, and he decided to keep it instead of resending it to me.

*EDIT: Didn't read the whole thread from end to end, has he been tracked down? Is the guy in the newspaper article Projects?
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 12:08:21 AM

Wow, not implying you're responsible in any way or form: why didn't you leave him negative trust after?

It all seemed like bullshit and hence why I talked him into giving me the haircut rather than wait a long to be repaid in full.

However, due to:
- Our past successful history (we did 5 figures in trades)
- Great reputation
- Lack of proof that he was actually lying (Because if everything he said was true then I would not consider it fraud).

I decided I couldn't really go public with anything.

However, now in retrospect, with new information. It is clear he was full of shit with everything which makes my situation a case of fraud.

Anyway, do not make this thread about me. I am willing to offer relevant information if it is wanted, nothing else.

Same
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 12:11:52 AM

The last time he came begging me for a loan I told him that my wife had told me NO MORE BTC LOANS because I was getting scammed more than any profit I ever made on interest - and I had agreed with her.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 05:32:57 PM

Let's keep this thread at the top so other Projects victims can find it

leofur

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 04:14:50 PM

well looks like I'n a bit late, he scammed me for 3.2 bitcoins, sent to him on December 3rd.
https://blockchain.info/tx/0d4fbb6c20e47d6672aae1eb1c3499f559469e4817c664ca72656bd5c5fda095
josg21

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:18:02 PM

What's going on?
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:54:23 AM

Ya know whats strange..... alot of the tard business owners (you know, the ones with a diff idea each week) and long time members seem to have vanished in nov/dec...

not going to name people... but have a think which ppls you havnt heard from in a while, who would often have some tard scheme on the go.

tis the holiday season.. so maybe just a coincidence.. but hmmm

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2014, 06:13:03 PM

Ya know whats strange..... alot of the tard business owners (you know, the ones with a diff idea each week) and long time members seem to have vanished in nov/dec...

not going to name people... but have a think which ppls you havnt heard from in a while, who would often have some tard scheme on the go.

your avatar is very, very fitting!

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:40:39 PM

your avatar is very, very fitting!

I'm still trying to work out if it's a man thinking or a oriental guy with a long mustache and short arms?
Truman
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 08:16:16 PM

Any news here?

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
kmacri

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 11:03:11 PM

Who is the one who is filing the official complaint?
izaa12

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

i also would like to know if any progress is being made here.  i have a hard time believing that people sent mponey to this guys bank and yet theres still nothing?...
ubettercall (OP)

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:23:37 AM

Did anyone find this mother fucker yet?
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 11:40:54 PM