Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:57:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice Fury (nano fury) support thread.  (Read 11761 times)
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:56:30 AM

All that is required is usb 3.0 and osc bit 55 to max them.

I'll be honest, I'm half afraid to overclock them... they're running at/above 3GH/s each, with an HW Error % BELOW 1%... I think I'll um... just not even bother with overclocking Grin great job man!

Wow that's great, you must be storing them in a freezer so that they don't melt! Cheesy

Not really, a USB port is only speced to supply 2.5w
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 11:13:29 AM

All that is required is usb 3.0 and osc bit 55 to max them.

I'll be honest, I'm half afraid to overclock them... they're running at/above 3GH/s each, with an HW Error % BELOW 1%... I think I'll um... just not even bother with overclocking Grin great job man!

Wow that's great, you must be storing them in a freezer so that they don't melt! Cheesy

Not really, a USB port is only speced to supply 2.5w

I have mind already doing that but find the PSU gets pretty hot at 54, so I am going to see if I find one of these 5v 10A PSU's locally to use on my hub before pushing them up any further.
smoothrunnings

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:58:07 PM

I've got two here, very happy with them.  One's running at 2.77GH and the other at 2.55GH - both at 54.  Running them on bfgminer 3.9.0, plugged in to a DLink 7-port.  Also work fine on an aluminium Anker 10-port USB3 hub.

Have to agree they are a stud stick.  better then any of the other 1 chip bitfury sticks I am running 16 of them all at 54 overclock.

They range between 2.47 and 2.90

I use 2  gearmo hubs

http://www.gearmo.com/shop/10-port-usb-3-hub-gm-3dh10/   with better quality power bricks.

I do have 1 question I can not seem to run more then 15 sticks on 1 pc using bfgminer.  but the 15 sticks do get me over  37.5 gh.  so I run 15 on 1 pc and 1 on another.

That's crazy dude.

I have my 5 ice fury's on a vantec 10 port USB 2.0 hub and have upgraded the PSU to a 5VDC 4A and they fine at 54.

suzukii

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:09:21 PM

So are these Ice Furies still being made? Seems like either no one is carrying them anymore & are out of stock at the same time or that's it for these.  No one can get them to stock 'em?  I have 3 of them & wished I had purchased more a month ago.

Regards,

Suzukii

(Live long & ...keep mining)

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
smoothrunnings

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:26:54 PM

So are these Ice Furies still being made? Seems like either no one is carrying them anymore & are out of stock at the same time or that's it for these.  No one can get them to stock 'em?  I have 3 of them & wished I had purchased more a month ago.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Ice-Fury-Bitcoin-USB-Miners-2-6-GH-s-W0QQAdIdZ556990369

suzukii

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:45:07 PM

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-electronics-Ice-Fury-Bitcoin-USB-Miners-2-6-GH-s-W0QQAdIdZ556990369

Thanks smoothrunnings for looking out.  
I've I noticed these are at $110.00 markup. :O
Now I'm really kicking myself for not getting more on my initial purchase.  Who knew. I was just starting out 45 days ago.
Thanks again.

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
Avalon 200Gh/s 55nm | Raspberry Pi model B | Minepeon 0.2.4.3 (...was 0.2.5-pr2) | BFGMiner 3.10.0 | 28x Manhattan USB 2.0/3.0 powered Hub | 5x ASIC Block Erupter @333 MH/s | 3x BFL Jalapeño's Total ~232.7 GH/s
GQM

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 06:30:27 PM

I'm still selling them on my website for anyone that is not located in Canada. If your shipping option doesn't come up then please contact me and I will help get you an accurate shipping quote.

http://nexgenmining.ca
GQM

Activity: 57

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 07:20:33 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 07:57:00 PM by GQM

Thanks smoothrunnings for looking out.  
I've I noticed these are at $110.00 markup. :O
Now I'm really kicking myself for not getting more on my initial purchase.  Who knew. I was just starting out 45 days ago.
Thanks again.

P.S. I'm working to reduce prices but haven't finalized any details just yet.

Also keep in mind price is set in CAD which when converted to USD isn't as much of a markup.
suzukii

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:15:02 PM

Hi GQM.  Thanks for the info.

I just did the calcs from the CAD to USD pricing.  I can wait it out.

PS: SSINC is the company I got them from & it was a great deal.  I'm hoping they get them back in sooner better than later.

I'll wait to see if the BITFURY drop as well.

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
suzukii

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:49:25 AM

Current mining software that supports Ice Fury devices.

Bfgminer

Software being worked on.

Cgminer
Bitminter.

Any updates on this?

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 01:26:38 AM

Software being worked on.

Cgminer
Bitminter.

Any updates on this?
They're fully supported on cgminer. As always, use latest version.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
suzukii

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 01:30:33 AM

Ok. Thanks. Now to figure out why the author of Multiminer hasn't been able to tell me why they aren't being picked up by his BFGminer GUI.  BFGminer can see them using & is currently using them via the Windows CMD prompt.   Hmmm.

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
bittycents

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:13:10 AM

hi everybody Grin!  is there other way or solution you encounter on how ice fury work with bfgminer under windows 7 professional 64bit. i tried everything in the forums and other site yet still no luck. every time i install the bf1 or drivers theres always an error, it took me over night just to make this work, then here is zidag installer that recognized it Nano Fury NF1 v0.7, well better than nothing i use cgminer v3.12.0 that gives an average 1.8gh/s. i still want to make it work with bfgminer please share some experience thank you. Wink
Beastlymac (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 05:18:42 AM

hi everybody Grin!  is there other way or solution you encounter on how ice fury work with bfgminer under windows 7 professional 64bit. i tried everything in the forums and other site yet still no luck. every time i install the bf1 or drivers theres always an error, it took me over night just to make this work, then here is zidag installer that recognized it Nano Fury NF1 v0.7, well better than nothing i use cgminer v3.12.0 that gives an average 1.8gh/s. i still want to make it work with bfgminer please share some experience thank you. Wink

The ice fury doesn't need any drivers to work with bfgminer.

Message me if you have any problems
smoothrunnings

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 11:25:15 AM

hi everybody Grin!  is there other way or solution you encounter on how ice fury work with bfgminer under windows 7 professional 64bit. i tried everything in the forums and other site yet still no luck. every time i install the bf1 or drivers theres always an error, it took me over night just to make this work, then here is zidag installer that recognized it Nano Fury NF1 v0.7, well better than nothing i use cgminer v3.12.0 that gives an average 1.8gh/s. i still want to make it work with bfgminer please share some experience thank you. Wink

Follow these steps:

1. plug the power into your hub.
2. plug the usb cable from your hub into your computer and let Windows detect it.
3. plug each miner into the hub one at a time letting windows detect each one and install the HID driver for it (This is a Windows 7/8.x driver)
4. start your bfgminer with the command found in this forum and start mining away.

One thing to note you need a good decent power supply with your hub, a if you are using a USB 10 port 2.0 hub I found that a 4A (amp) power supply will drive 5 ice fury's comfortably OC'd at 54, anything less than 4A (amps) for 5 ice fury's will result in either them not being recognized or you have them constantly failing.
bittycents

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:54:48 PM

hi everybody Grin!  is there other way or solution you encounter on how ice fury work with bfgminer under windows 7 professional 64bit. i tried everything in the forums and other site yet still no luck. every time i install the bf1 or drivers theres always an error, it took me over night just to make this work, then here is zidag installer that recognized it Nano Fury NF1 v0.7, well better than nothing i use cgminer v3.12.0 that gives an average 1.8gh/s. i still want to make it work with bfgminer please share some experience thank you. Wink

Follow these steps:

1. plug the power into your hub.
2. plug the usb cable from your hub into your computer and let Windows detect it.
3. plug each miner into the hub one at a time letting windows detect each one and install the HID driver for it (This is a Windows 7/8.x driver)
4. start your bfgminer with the command found in this forum and start mining away.

One thing to note you need a good decent power supply with your hub, a if you are using a USB 10 port 2.0 hub I found that a 4A (amp) power supply will drive 5 ice fury's comfortably OC'd at 54, anything less than 4A (amps) for 5 ice fury's will result in either them not being recognized or you have them constantly failing.

it works  Shocked! i replace my existing usb hub with a brand a new one with high capacity....

thank you very much...  Wink
suzukii

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:31:04 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 07:07:34 PM by suzukii

(Thread resurrection)

Hi everyone.
Wow after all this time I still can't get these white Icefury (Ice Fury, NanoFury, Nano Fury, whatever they should be labeled as, it's all still the same) USB blocks to work with the Raspberry Pi & no word here.  Trying it with a separate Rosewil USB 2.0 35 watt powered hub plugged into the Raspberry Pi Model B with the newest BETA (STABLE) of Minepeon v2.4.6 & nada, squat, zilch.  Under Windows v7 with Multiminer, it's all great but I'd rather not do it this way.

The default config line in Minepeon's Miner Startup Settings reads as follows:
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S all -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf

Modified the config to:
/usr/bin/screen -dmS miner /opt/minepeon/bin/bfgminer -S "NFY:all" --set-device NFY:osc6_bits=54 -c /opt/minepeon/etc/miner.conf.

Still nothing.

Shelling into the Minepeon server & executing the "lsusb -v" command displays the following:

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 04d8:00de Microchip Technology, Inc.
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x04d8 Microchip Technology, Inc.
  idProduct          0x00de
  bcdDevice            0.02
  iManufacturer           1 Microchip Technology Inc.
  iProduct                2 NanoFury NF1 v0.7
  iSerial                 3 0000095275
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           41
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0x80
      (Bus Powered)
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
    (Truncated the rest)
Device Status:     0x0000
  (Bus Powered)
---------------------------------------------------------

PS: I don't care at this point whether it BFGminer or CGminer is used. As long as one of them could work.
PPS: Both of these apps in a Windows CMD box work flawlessly with the Icefuries.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,

Suzukii

Hardware:
Mudbankkeith

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:35:14 PM

I have a distant memory from last year, that they have a problem with rPi

It may have been in the BFGminer thread

BTc donations welcome:-  13c2KuzWCaWFTXF171Zn1HrKhMYARPKv97
vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:31:06 PM

Wow after all this time I still can't get these white Icefury (Ice Fury, NanoFury, Nano Fury, whatever they should be labeled as, it's all still the same) USB blocks to work with the Raspberry Pi & no word here.  

Ah that dreaded SEARCH option ...

Hint: Try searching for "nanofury raspberry tutorial".

I have re-posted those instructions at least several times. There were also instructions provided during my original group buy.

vs3

Activity: 622

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2014, 07:33:41 PM

Oh and by the way - how about if you bother to look on THIS SAME THREAD - it's not even that further back - it is ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: